Is the internet the enemy of literature?

Is the internet the enemy of literature?

No, non literature threads are. Kindly fuck off

Yes and no

People who use the internet too much can barely read or write properly because the internet is such a ADHD nurturing place.

It is a highly relevant topic to this board. Kindly shut up.

Elaborate.

I'm not the OP but is literature really that much about attention span? Great works can be done in spurs across months and years, and a good reading of, say, a very dense non-fiction, takes more than the ability to sit down and do it: you ought to stop to think about what you read many times over.

Stupid question. Internet is just a communication medium. Whether you use it to browse arxiv and download ebooks or read headlines or reddit and watch cat videos is entirely up to you.

It's the opposite. The internet is an accelerationist cross-pollination post-geographical silk road with more people in direct communication than ever. It's natural meme selection on an unprecedented scale at an unprecedented speed.

Calm down there, Dr. Land.

>Elaborate.
First tell me if you mean that it is the enemy of making or reading literature.

We need to go faster.

Is Nick Land the Barry Allen of philosophy?

He's the Shadow the Hedgehog of philosophy.

reading doesn't provide much stimulation, so seeing how accessible the latter is with the internet, the answer is yes. the same case with alcohol, drugs, video games, sex, masturbation, etc.

Another enemy to literature can be found in self-defeating ideology such as Postmodernism, anti-semitism, Christianity, or attempting to encapsulate any belief system whatever the amount of scrutiny.

yes. it will replace the guttenberg mind which exists within the codex..... not your hilarious meemees.

millenials already find it difficult to deal with anything other than images and soundbites. how do yuo expect them to deal with longform literature?

Yes.

t. Bloom

>Is TV the enemy of literature?
>Is radio the enemy of literature?
>Is cinema the enemy of literature?
>Is theater the enemy of literature?
>Is print the enemy of literature?
>Is writing the enemy of literature?

Both I would say. It has disrupted the publishing industry and makes it harder to get paid as a writer. It has also lead to the fragmentation of attention and a rise in reduced literacy and a breakdown of an august tradition of long form writing and reading.

Almost, I'd say it's excessive comfort/entertainment.

Literacy rates are steadily all the same, retard.

*steadily increasing

>Is the internet the enemy of literature?

No. Internet culture that supposes writing is an outdated means of expression is the enemy of literature. The state already does a horrible job of educating Americans on civics. The internet is largely a buffet of mindless entertainment and no one cares because it makes money. That's okay, I know we're fucked in the long run. Literature doesn't need the internet, but it should embrace it.

Well put, user.

Yes

nice get
not true tho
kindly fuck off, satan