Lets have a nice thread, Veeky Forums. Post your objectively mediocre books that mean the world to you

Lets have a nice thread, Veeky Forums. Post your objectively mediocre books that mean the world to you.

bump for nice threads

>objectively mediocre books
No such thing exists

my nigga

play along my friend. what book holds a special meaning to you?

It's definitely not "mediocre" but above average. At least when I was young the small literary tricks and deconstructions blew my mind when I thought I was just getting into some middlebrow near-future sci-fi tedium, but there was some real Borges shit in here and done in the same short length he does them

>*smooths skirts*
>*tugs braids*

Growing up as a young lad, I used to enjoy reading The Sword of Truth series so that I could jerk off to the sado-masochistic sex scenes. I also have fond memories of the descriptions of stews and soups in the books. I never did finish the series.

Wrong

The MC ends up with a small harem.
Don't know if it was from Jordon's notes or the other guy finishing it up, but good on him either way.

Dan Brown books.
He uses some neat ideas that make me say "Huh, I wonder how much of this is bullshit?", and the short chapters make it fantastic for reading on the toilet.

didn't it say that he would end up with a small harem in the first book?

this guy fucks

Got this book for Christmas many years ago, and I read it that day. Also have fond memories of it. Thanks for reminding me, user.

*tugs braid*
Got it for christmas one year
Really had me hoping for a world as immersive as Tolkiens
But maybe you need 12 tomes to do that

>*thumbs earlobe*

The first book is sorta weird in WoT, cause it's basically written like a Tolkien rip off and feels like a self contained story, yet in the grand scheme of the series all it really serves to do is introduce the main cast. Almost nothing that happens in the first book has any real impact. You could in fact summarize the events of the first book in a couple pages and then start with book 2 and lose nothing except a ton of foreshadowing you wouldn't be able to recognize as such at the time anyway.

>[dice rattle internally]

That's kinda the whole series though, it's just thousands and thousands of pages of filler so they could milk the franchise and sell more copies

Dungeons & Dragons Monster Manual Fifth Edition

I really love this book even though it's seriously flawed at worst and not that great at best. I just think it captures the impossibility of rebelling in the modern world really well