NaNoWriMo

What are your thoughts on it? Are you gonna participate this year?
Pls no shitposting

Nah

It looks like a really motivating challenge for a certain sort of person. I write very slowly though, so I literally wouldn't have time for anything else if I did it.

Might give it a shot this year, been meaning to pick up my first draft and give it a rewrite

Sure am. Gonna write a literary book about some shit.

Whats the book about user?

Thought about it but realistically I won’t Have time. Plus having an arbritary word count turns writing into a mechanical task to meet that count, which I dislike.

Yes. I already have a novel title. It's "Edgelord Wizards of Vector Time - Tales of the Draconomicodex - Part 2 of the legend of ehy-'yauoieahh"

Participate in what exactly?

Probably the event in his picture you fucking nonce

How would participate in black history month? I wasn't sure if it meant write a novel in a month or if certain publishers were holding events based on the month

I have to admit it's an intriguing idea, but it attracts the type of person I actively seek to avoid.

Doubt I'll find the time to do a third project on the side. Though I am looking forward for more writing related threads on Veeky Forums for sure.

People who get shit done?

I will. I've been neglecting my writing so it will be a good kick in the pants, though I'll be ignoring the word count stuff. Finishing a first draft for a novella is a fine goal on it's own.

> "Edgelord Wizards of Vector Time - Tales of the Draconomicodex - Part 2 of the legend of ehy-'yauoieahh"
>tfw I like this

Shit being the operative word.

an hour a day of non stop writing. that's literally all it takes. (and that doesn't include weekends)
50 wpm times 60 is 3000
3000 times 26 is 78000
there's 60,000 words in a novella which is actually what most authors write, then the editor ads in a whole buncha extra shiznit. kinda like how the director ads extra things to a movie based on a novel.

GOOD title

this

I'm making good progress on my own shit anyway. it has a fuckload more thought put into it than you could manage in one month.
Not that my thoughts are worth much, even years of them, but a month's thought is less than a year's, right?

Gonna write a short comedic novel titled "Elagabalus: Patron Saint of 2017"

Fair enough but accomplishing something shitty still beats faggots talking about "trying".

Typing 50wpm doesn't mean writing 50wpm. 1000 per hour is a much more realistic outcome unless one has a very detailed outline and a very clear plan ... or writes stream of consciousness drivel.

Though you're correct that it's still pretty easy to accomplish time-wise.

I shouldn't.
I shouldn't, I have to study. However I probably will for the fuck of it. See you there, OP.

>implying I need to join some meme to be productive
Who else is at 4h sleep every two days here?

>typing 50wpm doesn't mean writing 50wpm

Am I stupid or is this stupid?

>the ability to type fifty words per minute does not mean you'll be able to keep it up

It seems impossible considering it takes me a long time to formulate my thoughts and I'm moody. But I'm going to try it.

I don't know yet what form it will take but I hope it becomes my suicide note

I see. However I'd assume that if you're doing NaNoWriMo then you just want to write as fast as possible. But I don't like it and so my assumption might be quite wrong.

>forcing your family to read a 70k+ word suicide note

absolutely based