go into WH Smiths, UK franchise book-store

> go into WH Smiths, UK franchise book-store
> see Rupi Kaur books in the "classics" section
> wince a little that some pop-feminist flavour-of-the-month blogpost is being put under "classics"
> leave and go visit a newly opened indie-book store
> it's genuinely really nice, collection of books is a little small but they've just opened up after all
> see a shelf of poetry
> it's mostly Rupi Kaur

I thought you guys were memeing me big time. But it's real. Her success is real. I can't believe it.

Serves you right for going outside.

not to sound edgy but why are people so fucking stupid. Rupi is total garbage it's beyond me why shes taken seriously and yet she is. People are just so dumb I cant believe it, is it all just an act or something?

I want to smell her armpits

> implying you wouldn't retweet her "poems" and endure her psychological abuse stories if only you could get to dig out on that spicy pussy

Her blog posts are easy to post through social media and don't rely on much contemplation because muh woman power and muh nature muh hippy culture, etc etc

I don't care that she's popular too much I suppose. If it gets people reading more and then they eventually discover other poets and writers, most people willing to dig a little further will find that their entry-point into reading was actually just middle-of-the-road chocolate-box lazy-night-in-core.

are you guys just meming? I feel like this rape of the arts is gone to far to joke about...

> it's easily accessible
> she's prominent on social media
> she appeals to the third wave feminist market
> she's a person of colour

Let's be honest, you can't genuinely be surprised she's done this well for herself. I got to give her kudos, too: she's a year younger than me and has already been published twice and sells out on book sales and ticket sales. I wish I was raking in money doing something creative that I loved like that.

This mentality is what leads to the destruction of any dedicated following. If you start letting in idiots, they won't suddenly stop being idiots. You won't be making new patricians, you'll just have more plebs.

The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "spread her legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Kaur's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Milk & Honey by the same Mira Gonzalez. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Rupi Kaur at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Mira Gonzalez." And she was quite right. She was not being ironic. When you read "Milk & Honey" you are, in fact, trained to read Mira.

women are STUPID. there's no more to the explanation than that.

Is this the newest in Rupi bait? Seen it posted before.

Please fix this.
>He wrote something to the effect of,
Should read "She".

Just a pointer for next time you post it., friend.

Did you just assume Mira's gender?

Isn't rupi kapur a fake writer made up by lit?

it's Bloom's criticism of the Harry Potter book; even though Rowling says "stretched his legs" once, Bloom insists it was very frequently used to the point of nausea.

no

the meme is real

No, Raj Taj Mahaj is a real poet

> go into hipster indie book shop to support small business
> genuine mix of good classics and books like "Why I No Longer Talk To White People About Race"

I saw that as soon as I hit post., friend.

Nice pasta

Newcastle?

Girls I know on Instagram who have never posted pictures of a book before ever are all posting this shit with hashtags like #girlswhoread and getting hundreds of likes.

cultural marxism. take the redpill.

It's called the cult of personality and is a consequence of living in a society that values sensational pop culture above all else, including talent.