Bought an E-Reader but reading is STILL not fun!

Bought an E-Reader but reading is STILL not fun!

Just so you know I'm not lying, here are my specs. This was bought from Kobo and even setup by a Kobo Ebook expert:

Manufacturer Kobo Inc.
Product family Kobo eReader
Type E-book reader
Operating system Kobo Firmware 3.12.1
CPU 1GHz Freescale i.MX507
Storage Internal MicroSD card, 4GB
Removable storage MicroSD card slot; up to 32GB
Display 6.8 in diagonal,
16-level grayscale
1440 × 1080
electronic paper
Input zForce Touchscreen
On-screen keyboard
Power 3.7V, 1500mAh
Dimensions 175.7 x 128.3 x 11.7 mm
Weight 8.5 oz (240 g)

So after getting a $100 ereader ($120 after signing up for extended warranty and 2 years of Kobo protection) the books are STILL boring!. I've verified with the Kobo salesperson that this ereader should increase my reading enjoyment and if it's not then it's the books fault. Nice job Authors, you fail at making a book.

I don't get to sit down on the train because it's too crowded.

Other urls found in this thread:

pip.cat/khd/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Impressive. You made the same exact shitpost again, but it's STILL not funny!

uh

I wanted to reply to
(Cross-thread) but the thread died while I was asleep.

My $50 Kobo Glo HD finally came. :)

I bought my HD off aliexpress for $80...

Still a good deal. I just got extremely lucky.

You just need to get a more expensive one, OP. The solution is always more expenditure. Nothing purchased, nothing purchased.

Your e-reader solution should be ten times more than what you deigned to 'spend.' Even then it will provide only mediocre satisfaction. You need to think carefully about the value of all your possessions, liquidate them, and buy the most expensive you can get. More than one ideally.

I used to run 10 iPads which would, as collective, display one huge page. Used the bottom right 'Pad to turn the page for all of them, which enabled me to enjoy several books almost to the fullest before I became dissatisfied with the setup's limitations. If you can't do that well at least, ass out of the e-book game son.

>menstrual studies freshman does open mic on consumerism
Please, go away.

I think its too expensive. I brought one of 50$ from(for) amazon. Yes, a Kindle. It was a Kindle ReaderTM normal, i dont remmember the exactly model, anyways it was a refurished.
I think the problem is the weigh its just 150 g..
Maybe if you buy a not so expensive you would have fun. I would use your $50 to hire a prostitute to suck my penis while i read Moby dick, but thats just my plan.

I bought my Paperwhite 2 for like $70-$80 and when I decided I was going to let my mother have it, I was shocked that the new ones cost $120.

Get 'em used.

Bump. Let's legit talk e-readers.

Thinking about pre-ordering the new Oasis. Money aside, solid investment or no?

Well so far the Kobo is nice but goddamn is it frustrating trying to connect it via USB. My computer constantly rejects it. Also the page turns are slow as hell. Does Koreader turn pages any faster?

Used paperwhite is your peak performance/value, everything else is superfluous. That said the new Oasis does look very nice, so if you want to treat yourself - why not.

So what's the most cost-efficient/effective e-reader out there? I plan to get a tablet that also allows me to do work too

I want something with a backlight and physical page turn buttons does this exist for less than the price of the nook oasis

landscape mode nigga.

Paperwhite. It's literally in the post above yours, retard.
>tablet
>to do work
Kek.

I take back my criticism of Kobo's slow page turns. Partially. It turns out kepub formats (i.e., books you buy on the Kobo store) turn swiftly, while all other formats run just a tad slower.

So yes, you can read almost any format on it, but their native format will always be faster.

R8 my page settings on kobo Glo HD

>the boy, halim, took the ponies
good try barneyfag

Can't you just convert to that format? Anyways, I have a fuckhuge kindle dx (9.7") that I got from my dad and a paperwhite when I need something mobile. Wish they would get around to adding a way to annotate with a stylus, anyone know if that exists already?

>approaching reading with the same expectations as a video game or a Marvel movie

Barneyfag??

Yeah I think I can convert them with Calibre, I just haven't tried yet because I just discovered this and I'm not at home. Not looking forward to trying to get my computer to read the device again, though. I sure wish there was a service like send-to-Kindle.

One thing I can say is that the text highlighting works way better than I thought it would. I was led to believe it was janky, but it's smooth as silk.

>DX
Man I really want one of those.

Kobo Glo HD owner here

Yes you can convert them in calibre for greater speed and functionality.

Yeah so far it has been a little trial-and-error. Discovered some of the sideloaded books can't change font or line spacing. Learned how to find and delete the stylesheet but can create ugly formatting. I'm assuming converting to kepub will fix that issue? (in other words, I'll be able to use the font sliders without messing with the style sheet?).

Funny that part of the selling point of but Kobo is that it can read any format yet here I am converting books like I'm still on a Kindle.

Don't worry, you'll figure it out after trial and error as you say. I too only discovered this after buying it. Converting to kepub solves most formatting issues.

There are also ways to add more features through patching, such as true full screen, properly adjustable margins etc.

pip.cat/khd/

Be careful to turn off automatic updates first though - otherwise when you connect to wifi you'll lose your added features and all your notes and annotations.

Yeah I was wondering if I'd want to install. Koreader but we'll see if I even feel like I need it after I read a few PDFs (I have them suitably cropped anyway). I'll check some of these other hacks, but not sure if I'll wanna mess with them.