How many books do you read per month?

Be honest friends.

Fuck off, you dumb frog faggot

I hate books and I hate myself.

>I hate books and I hate myself.

Veeky Forums

0,0254. Sometimes more. Thanks for ass.

Too afraid..?

Depends on the books I'm reading. Sometimes I'll read a handful, sometimes I'm in the middle of the Encyclopaedia of Philosophical Sciences and don't finish a single book.

Two. When grad school in session, 3. This will most likely go back to 1 after grad school is over.

depends on if you add up all the excerpts I read for classes. Without them, maybe 0.5 books. With them, over 1 a month.

28-31 depending on the month
I read a book a day

HERE IN MY GARAGE

I'm presuming this is a joke

About 4-5

Depends on the book.

1-3, depending on the length.

This

this

though now I'm trying to read 2 per week (it's more like 1.5)

I would estimate 3 or 4 on an average month, but there are a lot of outliers depending on how long the books are, what the content is, how busy I am, how much I feel like reading, etc.

Fiction: 1
Non-Fiction: ~10

I switched over to online works as I couldn't keep up a steady supply on interesting material through the library.

I would guess I read between 75,000 to 150,000 words on a good day assuming I have the time.

On a bad day it may be as low as 30,000 but that's fairly rare.

Depends. When I'm in college 1-2. During summer break I read about 4 to 5 a month.

I don't count books or time for that matter.

One :(

Pleb

I can read a novel or short story collection in 3-5 days depending on my schedule and how much I like it. An academic text will take me about 10-14 days depending on difficulty.

Between 2 and 10 books a month, probably about 3.5 on average.

All this presumes the books are around 300 pages. A 500 page academic text (usually German philosophy) takes the whole month.

3-4

It's mostly genre fiction, I'm saving for a home deposit so I read instead of going out.

0 but I wish it was 10+. I loathe myself and my smaller intellect as a result from not reading more. I have MS, I forget damn near anything short term and I'm dumber now, so reading feels pointless. I can't even be on lit without hating myself and my unlucky circumstances that gave me this fucking disease.

2-3

around a book/week

I average three books a month, usually two in print, and one audiobook. With books varying so much in length it's not very helpful to think of simply a number of books to read in a month as a goal, that would lead to avoiding longer books. To keep myself to a decent pace I aim to take no longer than a month to read any book, no matter how long or dense.

Mostly two books, but I don't read them to say I've read them; rather I devote my time researching the book and ideas that go with it, getting more out of a single book than you out of several dozen.

6-10

One
I have INTENSE ADD so sitting down and reading is almost impossible. Love it though so I keep doing it.

MS?

Hey guys I've been a neet for many years and I noticed my intellect dwindling; forgetting words constantly and just not being able to concentrate or articulate myself well. I have been reading on and off in the past year in a effort to get back my brain, but I am a very slow reader and not much sticks in my head; the question is will reading eventually increase my brain power? I don't even drink or do drugs and never have done so.

depending on the free time i have, somewhere between 4 and 8 - one a week, or two a week, generally. also depends on the genre and book size obv

Depends on the lenght of the books obviously, but I probably average 1 or 2.
I hadn't finished a book in 2 months because I was reading two 1000+ monsters but last weekend I was on our summer cottage and read two Poirot novels so suddenly this month I'm up to three. It's not like I read more than usual, they were just easy to read short books.

maybe half a book since i only have time to read about once a week

Between 1/3 of a book and 3 if you don't count articles / studies

0-2

depends on how busy I am or how interesting the book is.

>I have MS, I forget damn near anything short term and I'm dumber now, so reading feels pointless.

play double n-back, it's literally the only puzzle/whatever brain game that provably helps short-term memory retention. Play it for 5 minutes every day.

It's like brain exercise the same way you're doing pushups and jumping jacks to keep fit

>double n-back
can reading do the same?

No less than 7 books. no more than 15