ITT: films that wouldn't translate well to literature

ITT: films that wouldn't translate well to literature

the holy mountain

OP that piece of shit script didn't translate well onto film in the first place. My man P.S. Hoffman did his best though.

>movies that don't work as books

What? SNY would translate great to literature. Obviously you'd have to change the medium, so it would shift more into Adaption. territory, although somewhat more high-brow.

???

My Little Pony. the movie. 2017

Maybe highly visual movies with bare-bones narrative structures? A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night, Night on Earth, stuff like that.

Good choice, my noggin is still joggin after that film.

user, re-watch it sometime. It's one of the greatest films of the past 15 years. So much is happening in the film's subtext, Kaufman is a genius.

What a wild ride

why do people dislike this movie here? Is it because Veeky Forums is lacking all sense of tragedy?

Because it has a simplistic message that could be told in a short film regurgitated for 2 hours. Also, Kaufman is not a good director, although he does a lot to communicate with what the visuals say, he never bothers to how he says it. From a cinematographic standpoint, he is quite untalented.

OP that movie is actually influenced by Remainder by Tom McCarthy

different guy, it's trash

You even trying?

>simplistic message
what does this even mean? What is the complexity of message spectrum look like?

my vlog desu

It was based on a book, you idiot.

Most of Veeky Forums can't into film. Also a lot of people here are classicists, so you can imagine how warped their taste in film is.

and?

>Most of Veeky Forums can't into film.
I'd say there is a much higher crossover than the reverse though

this movie looks like the most pretensious piece of shit

80% of films wouldn't translate 'well' into literature.

decent film actually.

film? googles not giving me anything

Films and books can't be translated well into each other almost inherently. Cinema and literature are two different aesthetic experiences.

it's pretty good, i watched it last week actually. your comment is pretty fuckin
>pretensious

As i grow up, i am realizing that

Literature

this + any of lynch's good films. especially inland empire.

>capeshit is too complex to be written down

do you know the difference between > and < or are you a fool?

>picture books rate higher than music
you're a fucking idiot

I know what i said. Novels are the art of yesterday.

Learn the difference between < and >, stop reading fantasies made up by desperate people aka novels and pick up a math book.

>Learn the difference between < and >
I know the difference, but I assumed that the poster messed them up. Reason being is that if he truly believes literature is the lowest of all media he's dumber than I imagine humans can possibly be. Thus I assumed he meant for literature to be on top, and so on. That being said, comparing media in the first place already kind of proves he's not the brightest of the bunch.

>comparing media in the first place already kind of proves he's not the brightest of the bunch.
Sculpture > Vidya
stay mad

Videogames will become a real rival intellectually one day given time.
Pic related shows that videogames are heading in this direction.
Obviously not the Mainstream but, remember Videogames are the youngest of the mediums thus far and to miscredit its achievements is to ignore an incoming wave

Different guy, but WRONG

Possession

Could kind of work, just write it in chronological order then shuffle the chapters

Well yeah, but that's an extremely low bar to set for ourselves.

>sorcerer's stone

Cracks me up every time. Americans are literally so brain dead that they even have to alter harry potter, just to make sure it's not too complex