Another calm...

>another calm, peaceful night sitting in my ancient University of Oxford dormitory which has previously been occupied by renowned thinkers, politicians and scientists
>listening to some late 1970's ballads and genuinely tearing up as I sit in the dark by my leaded window and look down at the shadows across the quad
>just wished my hopefully soon-to-be aristocratic girlfriend good night and she said told me she hopes she dreams about me "again"
>glass of cold water on my desk just begging to be sipped or gulped
>tfw reminding myself that I have at lest another two-and-a-half years at this university and getting a sudden jolt of excitement that makes me want to hug somebody
>tfw have an early lecture tomorrow but a free afternoon
>may take a trip into London with my hopefully soon-to-be aristocratic girlfriend to see some live music or go or a nice dinner somewhere
>tfw I literally met a peripheral member of the royal family this afternoon who seems to want to take me under his wing so that I can give him some working class credibility

Holy flip you guys, I have an extensive imagination but I literally did not expect to have such an amazing experience here at the University of Oxford. I'm going to hit the sack in a short while, but right now I simply must savour every moment because I know I will look back on this period of my life with sheer incredulity at how perfect it was.

>>tfw I literally met a peripheral member of the royal family this afternoon who seems to want to take me under his wing so that I can give him some working class credibility
wasn't feeling this one until here

how are your grades?

>I have an extensive imagination
Tell me about it, though you seem to be running out steam (the glass of water part). Restrain yourself from posting more than twice a day, I don't want your posts going to shit like those by the london autist.

It's worthless to speculate on my academic performance after so short a time spent here at the University of Oxford. After the formal examination period is over I'll be happy to share my "grades" with you. I am surprised by how easily I have grasped even the most complex theories and critical approaches discussed in the lectures thus far. Even some of my fellow students who I assumed were very intelligent, partly because of the extremely expensive and Elite schools they attended, asked several questions which I would have been embarrassed to ask in front of a crowd. My lecture notes are perfectly organized and my reading plan is detailed enough to allow me to know when I can allocate several hours, or even an entire evening, to recreation. I've signed up to some societies but have yet to seriously take part in any of them, and since I have started spending time with this girl I can't see myself having much time to do so.

Her latest text reads: "Arrggh I can't sleep! Wish you were here with me [sad emoji]"

I'm not even going to reply.

and then you woke up

You must've watched Rick and Morty.

>not getting up at 4am to go rowing
You'll never make it with that attitude

what are you majoring in, OP?

OP here. I'm off to bed soon. Thanks for all your supportive comments.

English Language and Literature.

>first year of undergrad
>most complex theories
>literature and english
>most complex theories

>having time to go to London midweek

Is Oxford really as easy as they say, or are you just reading some doss subject

Attempt to belittle me all you want. If I play my cards right I will remain a member of British society's social elite for my entire life, as will any children I may have.

I very much doubt anybody here at the university claims it is by any means "easy", I just have a knack for studying in an effective manner and grasping things relatively quickly.

Oh look, it's this thread again

What college are you in? Exeter represent boiii

Okay OP here and my eyes really are drooping. I've just blown out my candles, finished my glass of water and filled it back up, and now I'm in bed squirming in excitement and contentment as I prepare to sleep. I may post tomorrow if anybody is interested, depending on how eventful my day turns out to be. I did promise to post my syllabus here for one user, so I'll try and get that done if I have time tomorrow. And now for sleep, and dreams perhaps! Though no dreams, I fear, will surpass the reality with which I am now acquainted. Goodnight Veeky Forums, and sleep tight!

>he doesn't even come up with some autism about oxford first years having phd tier material to study
Honestly, you're not very good at that. I liked your whiny frogshit series more.

Favourite books and religious beliefs?

Enjoying these threads OP

Are you also the sad London guy?

>an hour late to university today due to a fire on Slateford Road
>didn't matter, most people skived the class as technical report due on Friday
>churned out a thousand words of bullshit on said report between lectures. good stuff.
>got speaking to a fellow mature student
>she's quite fit and I think there might be some chemistry there
>not sure if ready for another relationship yet though
>afternoon lecture was about various types of roof including green roofing and space frame systems
>more interesting than it sounds
>got a lift home from another mature student, cut my commute by an hour. Nice guy.
>had a white pudding supper for my dinner
>had a few bottles of cider and a wank between shitposting on /mu/
>not a bad day all in all

What's that, you don't give a fuck? Well neither do I OP. Stop treating this as your blog.

>this bait again
>it's still successful

>implying this is bait

Reminder to sage and report for not lit related

Got the syllabus?

That's some nice writing OP. I don't care if its true or not.

I'm jealous too. Not because of your situation but because you've hit the sweet spot between excitement and comfy.

Leaded window gets me every time.

Remember when the literature board discussed literature?