What books would you suggest for someone who grew up isolated with no friends...

What books would you suggest for someone who grew up isolated with no friends, was never socialzed and still is isolated, abusive parents, total loner, also very little interest in what the world offers.

I know books won't fix me, I just want something to actually connect to for once.

Notes from the Undergound
There are many others, even a chart but this one is the best

I'll order it, thanks.

idk "A Child Called It"?

If you can't into philosophy skip to Propos of Wet Snow where the narrative begins

Ok, thanks.

Maybe Hunger, deals with solitude, poverty and mental illness.

>Skipping the ironic philosophy
Reeeee just struggle through it like everyone else

Also read Steppenwolf

The little Prince. My girlfriend just got it for me and it was moving. Comes off as a child's book but has some meaning to it.
I think this will suite you perfectly.

OP here, thanks for the suggestions.

very bad suggestions, aside from the Little Prince. Don't buy any of them.

Read Hesse, Steppenwolf and Demian.

L'Etranger. There are other themes to the book, but it's very good at describing what it feels like to feel like a foreigner in your own country.

This, also No Longer Human by Ozamu Dazai

Wolf in White Van - John Darnielle, written by the guy from the Mountain goats and it's really good, about someone exactly like this

I know exactly how you feel op. How old are you?
Literature has been my only escape from this dull world, living in my mind hasn't helped much but, it makes me thoroughly happy.

i know how you feel op, i love you.

The Outsider by Lovecraft.

27 mate. I spend most of my time living in my head, fantasies that will never come true, helps for awhile...

"Bricked In" by Max Wannow is about an isolated society? I'm not sure how to help you, bud

Wittgenstein's Mistress

Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage

my diary desu

Why not write them down? Then they'd be real in some tangible sense. They don't have to be good, you don't need to share them, but just write them down. I constantly fantasize too, and the best way I've learned to enjoy it is to write it out.

You'll have fun, I promise.

Agree about Notes from Underground.
The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks

Damien is good,but don't know if OP would relate to it - the MC is a somewhat coddled fuckup, not one dealing with an abusive situation.

A lot of memoirs in the 90s dealt with surviving shitty childhoods though I can't think of a good one off the top of my head.

Also... Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka
After Dark or Hardboiled Wonderland by Murakami
The Diary of Adrian Mole age 13&1/2