Sparknotes

>Sparknotes

Other urls found in this thread:

shmoop.com/crime-and-punishment/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Absolutely the most plebeian of crimes

Also,
>can't bullshit discussions on books he hasn't read
My history professor dismissed class 5 minutes early today because I answered his last prompt so thoroughly there was nothing else to add, and I just skimmed the first two chapters this morning over a beer

woah, can I suck your dick user?

can i write sparknotes for money?

>Absolutely the most plebeian of crimes

What are you gonna do about it? I'm currenty reading the website about a book that tomorrow i'll discuss here and dismiss any opinion that i don't agree with with the confidence and authority of a literary professor. All the whilst i google the difference between Motif and Theme right now.

In summation to my argument you can all Suck my dick you pretentious assholes.

There's ignorant and unaware but you're intentionally retarded. Enjoy being a level 1 pseud.

>All the whilst i google the difference between Motif and Theme right now.
user please, i almost spit my beer out

Ya bby come over
48.263055217497595, 11.431274416562474

Listen man, I'm not trying to stop you, just saying you're taking the most boring way out.
Either read the book and value your education, or don't read it and challenge yourself. But sparknotes is just the fools attempt to get a good grade.

t. retards with a nonextant sense of humor

Still better than....this:
shmoop.com/crime-and-punishment/

>Welcome to the novel whose title sounds like a cross between a game show and an episode of Law & Order: SVU...but is actually one of the most read, most studied, and most (in)famous works of literature in the world.
>No pressure, right?

>Actually, the best way to read Crime and Punishment is to not only feel all that pressure but to revel in it. This is a novel all about the vice grip of intense pressures: the pressures of society, of class, of psychology, of morality, of Christianity, and of what it means to be a human in the world.

>Easy? Ha. Rewarding? Oh, heck yes...if only because you'll get to say, "Oh, Crime and Punishment? Yeah, I've read that one."

>Which is yet another reason to devour this book like your little cousin's Halloween candy stash, in our opinion.
>Ain't no Russian novel like a controversial Russian novel...because you just know that a controversial Russian novel is extra delicious, messed up, and challenging.

>It's also extra psychological. Crime and Punishment—like most Dostoevsky joints—is incredibly fluid and open to a wide variety of interpretations.
>As Simon Karlinsky suggests in his essay "Dostoevsky as Rorschach Test," (cool essay title or coolest essay title?) how we interpret Crime and Punishment might be a reflection of our own psychology.

I reserve the right to refute you until i have read the sparknote for The ego and it's own, but i do believe that you are spooked by the romantic idea of the intellectual.

me 2bqh
if you don't sparknotes your class books so you can read other books on your own time you're just not thinking efficiently. Not to mention, the mental agility required to improvise sophisticated shitposts in a field like literature is nothing to sneeze at. You learn much more from trying to solve a problem than from already knowing the answer.

What's the sparknotes on vaccines? Safe? 49 in a year or so seems like a lot

>Does that sound boring? Thought not. But in case you need convincing, you also get a tour of the seedy underbelly of St. Petersburg: we're talking drunks, prostitutes, and scuzzbags of all stripes. It sounds like a VICE documentary. But, in reality, it's even better because with Dostoevsky writing this thing, the scummiest of characters is a little bit angelic, and the most angelic of characters is a little bit scummy.

Oh my God, make it stop

What difference is there between reading a book and reading notes about the book if you can convince others who have read the book that you have too? It is like the Chinese Room but with sparknotes.

>Shmoop has set itself apart from the stalwarts by synopsizing the expected canon, like Camus’s “The Stranger” and Shakespeare’s “Hamlet,” as well as by analyzing more contemporary and popular culture works. Among its 600 study guides are guides for best sellers like Stieg Larsson’s “The Girl Who Played With Fire” and song lyrics like Lady Gaga’s “Paparazzi,” which it likens to “The Great Gatsby,” “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof” and “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf.” Though Shmoop says the authors come “from Ph.D. and masters’ programs at Stanford, Harvard, U.C. Berkeley and other top universities” the site still misspelled the last name of Virginia Woolf, the English author. Guides on topics like civics and economics also are available.
HOL UP
>>>Though Shmoop says the authors come “from Ph.D. and masters’ programs at Stanford, Harvard, U.C. Berkeley and other top universities"
someone who went to a school twice as prestigious as yours for twice as long wrote that
just think about that for a second

You can't. I can't tell you how many times I've discussed shit at length with people on here about books or ideas I've only read the wikis of and still had them convinced I knew more than the surface level of. This whole place is pseudcentral my man.

You have to devote mental energy to rationalizing your lies.

>drinking the liquid jew
never gonna make it

wait this isn't Veeky Forums

Have you thought about the fact that it's over the internet and therefore stealing content and making it yourself comes to the same thing for the reader
Of course no one is going to doubt that you've formed your ideas on your own, the question is like puts it, you have to convince yourself that you're not a fraud

And I honestly don't see the point in lying to impress strangers over the internet

BTFO by a frogposter

I use it and dont care

i speedrun university classes on youtube at 2.5x speed.

took me 1 hr to understand the entirety of Locke's work

"understand"

Oh, it's definitely fraudulent, but that's the point. This whole place is more or less intellectually corrupt. 95 percent of the threads on here are contributable with skimming knowledge. I don't think I've actually had to think long and hard or delve deep into anything particular to answer or give input to anything here. Lying to impress strangers? Have you seen how many "stack" threads are posted on here weekly? It's almost criminal.

based frogposter beats lit the fuck out

You can be intellectually dishonest and maybe a lot of people here are
You shouldn't though and it's pointless, the only point in discussing is if you care about it because you've spent time on it