Wow that was bad

I wish i had of stopped earlier why did i make myself finish it. Probably the second worst King novel after Lisey's Story.

nice b8

not b8 mate i was expecting strong anti Trump muh strong woman vibes that's fine but the story and characters are lifeless one of the most boring books I've ever read you could have edited out more than half of this shitshow.

>reading a book that is obviously just 'nepotism: the novel'
>surprised that it turned out to be even worse than you expected
wew

> reading a 1000+ page Kingboy novel that's mostly available at the supermarket
> expecting consistency

even his best books get a little shitty

Everyone always talks about how bad his books are, but what are his best? Top 5 or 10, if you're really into him. Mine:

1. IT
2. Misery
3. Pet Sematary
4. The Stand
5. The Long Walk

why does he spell cemetery like sematary

That always bugged me. Is that just a way some americans spell it, like how it's more common to leave out the U in colour or favourite?

solid list there a top 5s pretty tough would need 10 minimum

1. the drawing of the three
2. IT
3. the stand
4. the talisman
5. the shining
7. pet sematary
8. insomnia
9. christine
10. the long walk and other short story collections too many good ones.. roadwork... the running man etc..

The kids in the book misspell cemetery.

because the kids who painted the sign didn't know how to spell it

Oh fair enough, that makes sense actually

1. IT
2. 11.22.63
3. Full dark no stars (short story collection)
4. Everything's eventual (short story collection)

Books of his that were meh; Duma Key, Cell, Doctor Sleep (unless you're a big shining guy).

OP, or anyone, is Lisey's story that bad? I have it but haven't read it yet

>nepotism
>his sons have successfully published their works on their own
>and will have large trust funds left to them leaving them without the need to work
no

The Dead Zone and Gunslinger are literally the only King books I've ever been able to get through and I've tried to read probably all of them at one time or another. his narrative voice and all the quirky little Kingisms he throws in on damn near every page annoy the fuck out of me

I've read all of his novels so far. Was looking forward to this for months now. Fuck :^(

>STEPHEN KING
>OWEN KING

How do his short story collections hold up?

Any objectively solid recs?

FIRST THEY OPEN UP WITH A DOSE OF STEPHEN
THEN THEY HIT YA WITH A DOSE OF OWEN!
THEN RIGHT WHEN YOU AREN'T EXPECTING IT, HIT YA WITH A DOSE OF STEPHEN!
THEN YA STILL REELING, THEY GET YA WITH A DOSE OF OWEN!
STEPHEN!
OWEN!
BAM! STEPHEN!
BOOYAH! OWEN!

i think king said he was influenced by a real pet cemetery near his house and the kids wrote it wrong

Different Seasons and Hearts In Atlantis

I don't know if Liseys story is bad, I havn't read it. Hearts in Atlantis, you a baby boomer?

>How do his short story collections hold up?
great go ahead and read all of them
Owens pretty good I've read some of his stuff, this just seems like King falling off again a shame I liked Dr Sleep.