This is literally the comfiest book of all time

This is literally the comfiest book of all time.

That's where you're wrong my man

Ordered on a whim last time night very excite now thanks

post more comfy books?

>reading about the white mans stories

smdh senpai

Moby Dick

It's definitely up there. I remember reading this for seminar, we got assigned many more pages than usual because it's so readable but everyone just got salty about it. Landmark editions are nice as fuck too although I've heard some complaints about the appendices. The maps are just so nice though.

eh I found it really dull and difficult

Considering that it's possibly the single most readable text from the ancient world, you either got a bad translation or you're literally retarded.

THUCYDIDES
PLUTARCH
SUETONIUS
SENECA

Rise of the Roman empire by Polybius is pretty comfy as well as easily readable. It reads like day to day headlines from the vietnam war.

that's because you were spoonfed a selection of polybius you savage

>reading about white whales
I see you‘re a fan of social justice

Zhuangzi is max comfy

The first forty-fifty pages are pretty tedious...persist it gets better and becomes more of ancient novel

>comfy

Herodotus was a BLACK MAN. The white devils STOLE his BLACKNESS. Get woke.

War and Peace is turbo-comfy DESU

Preach

Herodotus states unequivocally as a fact that black men (Ethiopians and Indians) have black semen.

Were he black I don't think he'd make such a statement.

Maybe he had prostate cancer

The Pickwick Papers
Gulliver's Travels
Boswell's Life of Johnson

Does he, though? Top fucking kek

he meant it has black genes you peasant

You're right desu, it really is the comfiest book.

That is tragic, I feel sad for you.

Dubliners

It surpasses the Epics, I find Homer very dreary. The bucolic poets as well are finer.

It's boring as fuck when he talks about the fucking Scythers for like 2 chapters.

My absolute nigga, I love this fucking book with a passion
May very well be my absolute favorite book t b h

the scythian chapters are lit, tho
>In order to strip the skull of its covering, he makes a cut round the head above the ears, and, laying hold of the scalp, shakes the skull out; then with the rib of an ox he scrapes the scalp clean of flesh, and softening it by rubbing between the hands, uses it thenceforth as a napkin.
the absolute fuking madmen

Best translation? Is the landmark worth it because of the maps?

Was Herodotus redpilled? I may have to look into him after I'm done with Evola.

"What a frightful spectacle! To have done it themselves! Such a number of palaces! What extraordinary resolution! What a people! They are genuine Scythians!”
-Napoleon, as the Russians burned down Moscow in its entirety as the Grand Armée approached

>So Darius went to a persian city to do some shit then went to b town but the dudes from c and d the town were fucking around so he sent general e to deal with them...
>What? You haven't memorized the names of the 1000 greek polis and the million generals? You fucking amateur.
>Also here's a dozen catalogues that make the catalogue of ships look like a fucking walk on the park.

I love Herodotus but he's a pretty difficult read if you're interested in taking it all in.

>When Patarbemis came and summoned Amasis, Amasis, sitting on horseback, raised his leg and farted, telling the messenger to take that back to Apries.

comfy is a shitty buzzword but Herodotus is the best greek

lmaooooo buddy i got 200 pages through this motherfucker and i gave it up. it is tough and ridiculous on purpose, and i see its role and influence, but im proving sterne's point by slogging through that fucking mess.

>the single most readable text from the ancient world
That's what they said about the Anabasis, and I found that rather dry.

You literally missed all the fun. How about Darius sneaking into the palace and assassinating those dudes? How about him tricking the others into becoming the king by consorting his horse guy who advised him to rub a mare's pussy with his hand and then put his hand under his own horse's nose to get it excited and be claimed as the chosen one?

Steinbeck if you're not too yet well-read
Watership Down
This: White Noise
Montaigne

It has its share of tragedy, but on the whole it's a contender.

For me is Melville's short prose.

D I C K E N S
I
C
K
E
N
S

and thomas paines writings, if you've ever read them

SPLIT YOUR PANTS FROM WHITE OPPRESSIOOOON

"Comfy" is a euphemism for bad. That's why the Harry Potter books will easily always be comfiest of all time.

White Noise is so fucking comfy, how could I have forgotten?

(you)

Theocritus' Idylls are definitely comfy.

Herodotus is OG, but I really liked pic related more.

I think you are missing the point whilst it is true that there are tons of fun and zanny stories like that they account for about less than 10% of the 600+ pages of the book. Whilst a lot of the other stuff is also good its also got tons of descriptions of geography and genealogies.