Lord of the flies

I just finished reading this.

LEAVE PIGGY ALONE!

So, hows the 12th grade

It was Ralph's fault their society collapsed. If they'd elected Jack from the start, things would've been fine. Piggy has nobody but Ralph to blame for what happened to him.

>He read LOTF in 12th (!) grade
Wanna know how I know you're American?

I couldn't read more than 50 pages of it desu, thought it was boring as fuck. Maybe it was my translation.

It's the only country who refers years as grades.

>he didn't read it 7 times
>He didn't read it 5 times for a school project

I'm not American so I actually only read it a few months ago. My overall impression was simply, meh. I mean, it's not bad, but I can't say much else about it. It's like a book perfectly crafted to be used as an English class study.

Reading it to my 7 year old now. I asked if it could happen to her and her friends and she laughed. Then I mentioned some "naughty" boys in her class and asked the same. Her eyes went wide and said she wouldnt want to live on that island.

I have to assume that Euros dont have it forced down their throat (and it is perfectly good intro to literary fiction)

Canadians say grade 12

congratulations

How do you not find fun island shenanigans to be comfy as fuck? This is one of the comfiest books I have ever read.

I'm currently reading this to my girlfriend before we go to sleep. She keeps falling asleep quickly because its so boring and I agree. There's hardly anything happening, its more of a book that you would read to your child before sleep.

WOW OP WAHT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT, I MEAN THAT BOOK IS LIKE 100 PAGES LONG, HOW DID YOU EVER GET THROUGH SUCH A CLASSIC SUBSTANTIAL PIECE OF LITERATURE. TELL ME MORE...

>I'm currently reading this to my girlfriend before we go to sleep.

That conjures a rather charming image.

Someone should repost that post on /r9k/ just to torment the poor bastards.

South African here, even we had to read it.

>Afterword

Is there a more cucked article of writing? It's like cleaning up another man's cum.

That user isn't alone, I read to my wife almost every night before we sleep. She enjoys the time spent together and listening to me and it's a good way for me to get through longer texts.

I read this in 6th grade.

>I'm currently reading this to my girlfriend before we go to sleep.
That's honestly adorable. Good for you, user.

I just finished reading this

because he didn't order a McRoyale with cheese

Serious question. Was Simon autistic?

I am reading this