The masterpieces of 2017

Why no one on Veeky Forums talks about this 1600-page masterpiece ?

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/books/titles/554211429/themystery-doc
twitter.com/leeklei/status/921124502104363008
washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/finally-a-novel-that-looks-like-a-21st-century-production/2017/10/24/3a11121c-b5b5-11e7-be94-fabb0f1e9ffb_story.html?utm_term=.e417b4767668
themysterybook.com/download.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why don't you start us off? What did you think about it? I assume you've read it

Imagine house of leaves written by a more demented person .

Sounds awful

Well ,it actually came close to being .

As in, more or less scattered? Not gonna lie, I loved HoL.

He uses the same gimicks at first but later he uses them to actually enhance the story much like how Vollmann uses indentation in the Dying Grass.

What is it about my man?

>A western American writer and his wife navigate the challenges of writing his second novel against the backdrop of the decade after September 11, an effort marked by his observations and desire to authentically capture the period's cultural truth in potential literary venues ranging from pop-up ads and search results to lines of code and television stills.
>npr.org/books/titles/554211429/themystery-doc

Veeky Forums already memed me into reading Infinite Jest, I refuse to believe that any recommendations exceeding 1,000 pages from anybody on this site are sincere.

But user, setting aside the weird images and indentation its barely 800 pages.

is he british tho

sounds orful

delete this

>twitter.com/leeklei/status/921124502104363008

what the fuck

you see ,lets meme this shit to infinity .

I want to get this along Bottom's Dream. I kind of like this weird stuff.

Not gonna lie, looks awfull, I guess he was going for the "ayyy le private detective / string of conciousness / no time to make it look pretty" look, and he succeded in making the img formatting look like absolute shit.

Holy shit, that looks like absolute garbage.

trees died for this

are you the dude one instagram? You and your cronies are one pretentious lot. the community would be much better without your rot.

Because I don't talk about stuff I haven't read, and my piece of shit library takes like 6 months to process new books

What is with this "hurr durr I have to write books over a thousand pages long because I r genious like Pynchon and Wallace" shit? Even someone I personally respect, like Moore, fell for this. Length is not quality (except in sex ... or so I read)

What Instagram community doesn't suck

I think I know just what guy you're talking about too, lmao.

>Not gonna lie, looks awfull, I guess he was going for the "ayyy le private detective / string of conciousness / no time to make it look pretty" look, and he succeded in making the img formatting look like absolute shit.
>"ayyy le private detective / string of conciousness / no time to make it look pretty"
>string of consciousness

get out

who's that?

>washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/finally-a-novel-that-looks-like-a-21st-century-production/2017/10/24/3a11121c-b5b5-11e7-be94-fabb0f1e9ffb_story.html?utm_term=.e417b4767668

Yeah they're really judgemental and really only care about obtuse prose.

What the fuck!? Veeky Forums has been doing this type of shit for the last 4 years. REEEEEEEEE

Sounds good, this will really bump my goodreads page count

Where is some weird shit in his site where you can download the ebook if you submit a word from a page of the book.If you ask me it sounds both retarded and interesting at the same time.
>themysterybook.com/download.htm

Pynchon did it better in his worst novel

Yeah but McIntosh has cred and a publishing record.

Barely

I'll give it a shot. I llike dumb experimental shit that plays with more than just the language. And I like supporting risks like this, my guess is it wont sell a whole lot.

anyone who takes the time to let people know what they're reading, taking pictures of stacks, taking pictures of bookshelves, is a monumental tool and probably seething within over lack of talent.

>WOOOOWEEEE I READ SHIT NO ONE HAS EVEN HEARD OF THAT WAS PUBLISHED BY DALKEY ARCHIVE

I get a lot of recomendations and interesting stuff I've never heard of even in Veeky Forums and I like to get people's opinion on what I read, but yes, there is a lot of pretentiousness and circle jerk just like here in Veeky Forums

Please delete this.