What's Veeky Forums's stance on books from Everyman's Library? Are they worth buying...

What's Veeky Forums's stance on books from Everyman's Library? Are they worth buying, or are they just nice-looking memes?

I only have Ulysses and it's real nice but I've lost the dust jacket.

The dust jackets are trash I those them away with the receipt/packaging

They look pretty, but occasionally they'll use shitty translations for non-english works.

>nice-looking
That's the only reason to by hardcovers at all. What the fuck is even your question?

After my house burned down, I only have "W. B. Yeats: The Poems" which is the brilliant Daniel Albright edition of Yeats' work.

>That's the only reason to by hardcovers at all.

Of course they're not fucking memes. Just go and read a good fucking book and don't worry about the imprint.

i have the decline and fall, 6 volumes. they are fantastic

On the whole they're decent. Be careful of the gilding and printing on the covers though - it will rub off if your hands are at all sweaty.

The translated works in the collection are hit and miss on the quality of the translation used, but past that I have no complaints.

They look good and they're pretty cheap compared to other hardbacks. Sometimes they use shitty translations though.

Ebyn image, retard, but not an argument.

Hardcovers are more durable

I have a couple and I like them. Something I hate about them is that they put the notes in the end of the book instead of on their bottom of the page so you constantly have to go back and forth and it's often useless into.

They're pretty good, I do wish they were a bit larger and had a larger font to match. Other than that they're perfect.

>Caring about notes
It's easier to ignore them when they're at the back of the book

Their selection is way wider than it ought to be and I love it. Kinda wish they had Finnegans Wake too as they already have the rest of Joyce because any other hardcover edition of it is fairly expensive or unappealing

Are you 5?

Are the bindings sewn?

wHaT ArE u FiVe????

Well, that answers that.

Yes.

WeLL vVaT UhNswUrs VvAt