Books about disabled ppl

Hi Veeky Forums. Could you recommend some novels about physical disabilities? I am interested in knowing how these people live life. Especially if the characters are young people.

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/health-shots/2015/01/09/376084137/trapped-in-his-body-for-12-years-a-man-breaks-free
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the solitude of prime numbers
one of the protagonists got permanently injured in a skying accident

The sun also rises

The Heart is a Lonely Hunter. It's a brilliant novel.

>I am interested in knowing how these people live life
Why don't you ask them?

Joe Abc's Half a World trilogy has a protag with a fucked up hand

It has great reviews. I'll keep that in mind. Thank you, user

I love this book, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you anyway

It looks good. Thank you!

I've thought about it many times. But there is always the possibility that they tell me that it is not my business.

gross

Katawa Shoujo

Mein Kampf

Helen Keller is the original spaz she wrote heaps of books

The Maimed by Hermann Ungar

The Bible

Johnny Got his Gun

This and Me Before You.

Wow! I did not know this author. Her memories seem interesting.

Thank you, user!

I watched the movie as a teenager, when I started listening to Metallica (you know, the video for One) and I thought it was great.

I highly appreciate your suggestions, but maybe I should be more specific. What I'm really looking for is the story of a young person who has been disabled because of a traumatic event (such as a car accident, a terrorist attack or a war) and how this person has been facing life ever since.

I had the idea after reading Beware of pity, by Stefan Zweig

This.

Little Herr Friedemann, mildly

read a manga called real, its about wheelchair basketball

My diary desu

Not a story, but here's a really great and pretty terrifying Invisibilia piece about a kid who became conscious during a coma and remained paralyzed for years afterwards
npr.org/sections/health-shots/2015/01/09/376084137/trapped-in-his-body-for-12-years-a-man-breaks-free

Invisibilia's a criminally underrated podcast

Didnt that guy born with no limbs write a book?

Im sure theres tons of athletes ,veterans who wrote about over coming or shedding light on their disability

my wife's diary desu

Thank you user!!

kek

the nice thing about being disabled is that it has given me a reason legitimate-in-the-eyes-of-society to be the hermit writer i wanted to be before my joints went to hell

Are you crazy? He just wants to know about their lives, not get aids or anything.

There's this guy on youtube who does videos on disabled people, some born fucked up, others who had accidents or strokes, autists, etc. He interviews the families and the disabled if they are in a condition to be interviewed, some of the stories are really sad.
He's a meme on /x/ too, they think he's a perverted psycho who pays the families to let him fuck the disabled, they agreeing because it gives the chance for their disabled to feel love, something that society is never going to give them, so it's a win win scenario. The dude is actually pretty weird, he does seem to fake emotions but I think he might just be autistic himself or something.

Lincoln Rhyme books by Jeffrey Fever. He's a quadriplegic ex CSI who helps the police solve crimes

Whats his name?

curious incident of the dog in the nighttime

Infinite Jest is full of Canadian disabled people. Also, Mario Incandenza. IJ is always the answer you're looking for.

molloy

your diary desu

Joe Speedboot, although it's a Dutch book and I'm not sure if there is a translated version.

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.

Fag gets locked in syndrome after a car craft and can only blink and move his eyes

the obscene bird of night

I'm not sure if it was translated to English, but Walcyr Carrasco's Estrelas Tortas is a good book. It's about a teen who was a volleyball player after she became paraplegic. How her life changed, how people treated her before and after, etc. Pretty interesting read.

Well, maybe its in Spanish. I will look for it. Thank u!

Misery

Special books by special kids, pic related is him

Thank you user, but it looks weird

bi feiyu wrote a nice book about blind masseurs