Was Gatsby even that great?

Was Gatsby even that great?

Did he know Nick Carraways name?

Yes, no. Thats the point

i feel the need to say "not as great as those legs *AWOOOGA*," but i won't.

Pretty bright for a cinema. The movie must be boring too they don't seem to be that engrossed.

Looks like they're at a lecture. Notice how there are little tables for them to write on

Gatsby was ultimately empty at its core.

JESUS CHRIST I WANT TO *FUCK* A GIRL ITS NOT FAIR HOLY FUCK 22 YEARS OF VIRGINITY ITS PERVERSE I CANT TAKE THIS AAAAJHHHH JUST LET ME FUCK SOMEONE

jezzies ree why u do dis reee etc

we get it

>has never seen the inside of a school
Your average Veeky Forums poster, ladies and gentlemen.

My college has shitty plastic chairs in the lecture halls, wtf.
I want nice cushioned chairs

That last page is pretty great

Are you saying this as a criticism or acknowledging it conveyed the emptiness of the era it was trying to portray?

Ok. It still looks more like a cinema than any school I've attended.

He was high bouncing though

Not as great as those legs

AWOOGA

The book is terrific, despite what edgy Veeky Forumsizens will tell you. It is by far Fitzgerald's best novel, as well as his most accessible. The prose is terrific, and the last 5 pages or so are among the best things ever written in American English.

PS - that girl's leg is nice. I would be distracted if she sat next to me in a lecture.

It gets worse. Wait until you're married and in your 30s, and you realize that you're never again going to experience being in your 20s and having flings with other 20-something girls while you establish yourself in a career and grow increasingly independent and sure of yourself. Then imagine reading Updike and having that shit hit far too close for comfort. Once you leave youth behind, it's a long downhill slope to your grave. There are hills here and there, but you'll never again stand on the peak of life when its possibilities are spread out infinitely before you.

What compels you to act out such toxic masculinity in 2017?

>jezzies
lol I'm using this

I'd love to walk past and brush up against her leg, then cumming in my pants instantly

Just get a hooker like a normal person.

>file deleted
BASED MODS BEE TEE EFF OH THE WHORES
ROASTIES OUT

Mods confirmed radical Muslims

This thread could have been the best thread on Veeky Forums ever if you'd just left the non-lewd picture

>It gets worse. Wait until you're married and in your 30s, and you realize that you're never again going to experience being in your 20s and having flings with other 20-something girls while you establish yourself in a career and grow increasingly independent and sure of yourself. Then imagine reading Updike and having that shit hit far too close for comfort. Once you leave youth behind, it's a long downhill slope to your grave. There are hills here and there, but you'll never again stand on the peak of life when its possibilities are spread out infinitely before you.
What's stopping you from fucking twenty-something year old girls when you're in your thirties?

we've all seen where that thinking got you weinstein
eventually they get sick of you

A sense of practical morality and ethics, combined with a recognition that whatever thrill I might get from having a fling with a buxom young floozy will ultimately be fleeting and only contribute to additional self-loathing that would result from betraying my marriage vows.

Even absent the self-loathing, I'd still be moving inexorably towards my grave while recognizing that nothing in this world is permanent, and whatever I thought in my 20s that I might achieve - even if I do achieve it, or have achieved it - will eventually crumble to nothing as time continues its progress onwards and past me.

Yo i'm 41 and currently seeing a 20yo lady, but I have immortal genes and look young.

That sounds really gay. Stop overthinking it. It's just you, some nice girl, and a fun night. Stop trying to turn your life into Russian novel.

O Tempora, O Mores! The lack of morality today is horribly depressing.

it's actually Old "Sport", Oldsport, old sport.