When you realise civilisation isn't a good thing and even seemingly contrarian reactionaries are actually just...

>when you realise civilisation isn't a good thing and even seemingly contrarian reactionaries are actually just controlled opposition calling for more civilisation and modernity

I'm torn. I think increasing technology could become out of control - and some of it I just don't like personally. On the other hand we are still in the race to 'falsify' Malthus; nature will get us if given a chance and surely will do so with climate change (and maybe with anti-biotics).

And if modern civilization would cease to exist I don't think the best alternative to me, hunter-gatherer life (I think current time in the first world is the best by the way) would last. More likely civilizations would pop up again and I think that pre-modern civilizations were the worst for the majority of the people.

The proper response to Modernity is to admit that it's done some good things but the bad outweighs the good. The proper project of the Right going forward is to find a way to preserve, and even enhance, those good things while also attempting to resurrect the good things from before Modernity.

what's the opposite of civilisation? what is all this extra civilisation replacing, in your view?

No I like living in a house with four walls, central heating, a flush toilet, laundry machines, and a refrigerator I can store the food I buy at the local supermarket. Using the internet is pretty sweet too.

>tfw you realise the transition from traditional hunter gatherer societies to the use of agriculture in civilisation is the foundation for every subsequent war conflict in human history.

>destroy civilization
>humanity achieves some degree of homeostasis living as hunter gatherers albeit while dying of treatable diseases and amidst everpresent war, murder, and sexual violence
>fast forward 5 billion years, the sun goes out, and we all die not possessing the tech to colonize other planets

great plan

You've got some reading to do.

>mfw one time at a party I said in earnest that I thought language was bad and everyone laughed
Nobody else had read Wittgenstein or the Daodejing, apparently :(

Language is good, but life and society would be immeasurably better if we only taught it to men. Imagine a world where all girls are like Nova from Planet of the Apes.

Stfu

Are you saying you respect women? I don't get it

If we didn't have language we wouldn't misunderstand each other
Shut up!

>when you think it's easier and better to completely destroy civilization than it is to tone down its worst aspects

>he proper response
Fuck off you normative cumgulp
>HAHAHA THIS GUY SED THIS SO ITS TROOOO XDDDDDDDDD HE FOUNDED LE CIVILIZATION XDDDDDDD YOU CANT QUESTION IT XDDDDDDDDD LE FAX XDDFDDDDD

The next step is embracing technological overload. There is not going back, only xcl8t

Primitivists are probably the stupidest people on earth. OP the truth is you don't actually believe primitive ways are better. You don't. Because if you sincerely believed it there would be nothing to stop you from living that way. You could go out into some dense wilderness and get your primitive lifestyle on. But you won't. Because it's not about that, it's about everybody doing the same thing as you, about reducing the whole world to a level where you think you can succeed competitively against them. Except the funny part is you wouldn't be any more successful, you'd still be an irrelevant loser. That's just who you are OP, and your idiotic dream of returning mankind to lifespans shorter than 40 years and >50% infant mortality will never happen.

And nothing of value was lost

Small brain: civilisation is good
Medium brain: civilisation is bad
Galaxy brain: civilisation is good

Universe brain: white "civilization" is bad, non-white civilization is good

go to /int/ or /pol/ for this kind of bait, friendo

>all of these brainlets that think anti-OP Modernity = Pro-Hunter gatherer

Oy vey, it's almost as if they made you lose all sense of your roots.

>he doesn't know about eternal recurrence

>what are monkey raiding parties

Oy vey, existence itself and living is all that matters.

This is Veeky Forums. We literature majors don't believe in evolution and conflict. Nature is a meme. That's my argument. BTW, I'm a male feminist and I love sex assaults on my comrades.

Cringe post

>mfw genetically engineered simulated meat could provide enough protein for everyone on the planet, but the capitalist systems must be tricked into the transition and humans will still war over stupid shit anyway

>Hobbest BTFOing anarchists aka red liberals 400 years beyond the grave

Destroy civilisation after producing self replicating seeder spacecraft that plant humanity on every plant after terraforming each space rock. These machines monitor humanities progression on each world and periodically destroy any civilisation that forms.
Imagine a whole galaxy of humans that live till 30, and only exist in familial units at most.

"Civilization" and "modernity" are incompatible, my mongoloid brother.

What is the West

> What is the West
A geographical place that has descended into complete barbarism within four generations (a mere nothing in historical terms) due to 'modernity'.

The amount of faith you'd have to have in the moral capabilities of the average person in order to actually believe that getting rid of civilization will make us behave better is borderline evangelical

this desu.

>If we didn't have language we wouldn't misunderstand each othere

That’s true, because in such case there would be no understandings to be missed.

As do you. Hobbes's "war of all against all" became irrelevant within the last century of ethnographic and archaeological research on hunter gatherer societies. Might want to try updating your knowledge on fucking 400 year-old claims.

hunter-gatherer societies wouldn't even be a "war of all against all" per se

the war of all against all is a hypothetical situation

A lot of his ideas can still be applied to intertribal conflict

If anything, the opposite is true. Human life is worthless and can only be redeemed by civilization.

Anarcho-fascism is a less retarded idea than anarcho-primitivism

the real galaxy brain of this thread

why the fuck are you tripfagging on a small board in 2017

Why would I trip on a bigger board?

you have a wider audience to attention whore to.

You trip to create a sense of familiarity. That's much easier to do on a smaller board

compared to ours, a far larger percentage of total deaths in primitive socities is owed to warfare

Exactly, moron.

Wait a second, you think civilization is a good thing and the anti-thesis to modernity?

Wrong!

wouldn't we instantly recreate civilization since we possess all the humanity's information up until now, if it ever collapsed?

actually it would be fun to think on what grounds could the civilization collapse without not instantly recreating itself. the spread and protection of the information made it impossible to lose the so called information. only irrecuperable collapse would be in the form of a decision made by people to transcend civilization. civilization is the phoenix, dies, is reborn, and never changes the slightest

either utopia or nature

Depends how liberally you define warfare and what you mean by primitive societies. Immediate return hunter gatherers are different from delayed return hunter gatherers are different from pastoral nomads are different from agriculturists.