Do you still read during the semester?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vkas4undiOM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't read period

Yes, when I have free time

>assuming everybody here is young enough to be in university

>assuming anybody here is old enough to be in university

>assuming OP wasn't directing the question and thread to those on Veeky Forums that are in school

Not really desu, I wish I did. I read half of Crime and Punishment in like 3 days before school started, but I still haven’t found the time to finish it. But I’m an English major so I still read one of Shakespeare’s plays, 1 American novel, and 3 short stories per week plus write about 2000-4000 words per week.

Used to read a lot in University. Not as much as I do now, but more than I had before. Something to do between lectures.

my own supplementary reading far outweighs my already heavy load of assigned reading. Doing that much reading actually makes me appreciate reading more. I get my assigned reading out of the way, then as a reward I get to read what I choose

this to be honest

then why are you here? Spicy memes about philosophers?

>there people using this site that are old enough to have graduated from university
What are you still doing here?

I dropped out of university so I could read more. And by read, I mean play Rocket League.

Undergrad: Yes
Law School: No

only assigned readings, have no time to read for fun

Yeah, I don't work so I have plenty of free time.

I shouldn't, but I do

I procrastinate from my crushing amount of homework every week by reading then spend a stressful night of no sleep desperately trying to do it with a shitton of coffee and sometimes cigs and swear the next week I'll go to all my classes and start working earlier
It never happens and I'm fucking failing two classes now

Pic related, it's 4:30 in the morning and I'm doing relativity

Hey user I'm in the same boat. Up at 4:40 writing out my philosophy midterm essay right before it's due. I can't seem to get myself to work unless I put myself under tremendous pressure. As far as your classes go, you can try making up some bullshit excuse with the prof and ask for extra time. In the past I've said I had "health issues" to get more time on stuff or to be able to make work up.

Giving myself extra excuses would just make me procrastinate even more, and I'd have the added guilt of faking some serious illness or some shit. Most of my professors are nice people and I don't want to be that kid. Plus all of my friends have the same classes, would know exactly what I was doing, and would quickly become ex-friends.
But yeah, not being able to work unless I'm under extreme pressure is exactly right.
I'm in a student center-type building right now and some asian international student is laying on a couch behind me moaning or crying into the cushions and I do not know how to react to that.

Well since your professors are nice people, you should try asking them for advice or help to work out a plan (or talk to your advisor). Most profs don't actually relish in giving failing grades and want to help if they can. Probably you can work out something with the profs if you're straightforward with them.

Been there done that. I studied GR in Korea and I think I have PTSD.

Funnily enough GR is my best class right now, the one I'm really shitting the bed in is electrostatics. Professor's making it harder than another professor's graduate session of electrostatics.
GR is so cool. Remember Killing vectors?
I will if it gets too bad. There's just not much for me to say beyond "I'm a piece of shit" without lying.

Life doesn't improve overnight

>When you're really struggling and look to YouTube for help, only finding this:
youtu.be/vkas4undiOM

Jesus fucking christ

I usually get the most reading done during the semester, as to avoid eye contact/conversation with my peers. People usually only bother me to ask what I'm reading atm.
also this

not during my masters

It's quite a feeling to finish and then crack open a novel.

Take a year off, teach english in Asia or something.

>tfw getting fucked in the ass in college because can't give up reading books