What do you guys think about (the philosophically relevant thus literature related) Simulation Theory?

What do you guys think about (the philosophically relevant thus literature related) Simulation Theory?

Almost always simulation theory discussions on Veeky Forums always devolve into "Dude matrix"--but do you actually know the axioms of simulation theory? If you did, I don't think you'd think it's such a stupid concept.

The following are the only possibilities that can be for our current reality:

1. No life form in the universe has ever been able to get so technologically advanced as to be able to create a replica/simulation of the universe--or they experience species extinction before they are able

2. Life forms have been able to replicate universes, but choose not to on ethical grounds of some sort

3. Life forms have created simulations, and if that is true--they'd have the power to create billions and trillions of simulations simultaneously, thus the chances of not being in a simulation is close to zero.

I honest to god think some people are just oblivion-tier NPCs walking around with no ability of critical thought, self awareness, or higher sentience. Mimics; without a single independent thought in their minds.

Know what's interesting? Let's pretend you don't find simulation theory valid--people do run on biological "scripts" aka D.N.A. and behavourism.

Fascinating vein of thought. What do you think?

what are the consequences for you as an individual if it were true?

>there is no free will

Get away from me Satan.

>I honest to god think some people are just oblivion-tier NPCs walking around with no ability of critical thought, self awareness, or higher sentience.
How is this implied by simulation theory? Shouldn't every human be given equal sentience by the simulation?
>Let's pretend you don't find simulation theory valid--people do run on biological "scripts" aka D.N.A. and behavourism.
What alternative could there be that doesn't equate to a script on some level? If it is to be used as evidence that we are in a simulation, you imply there has to be one if the hypothetical creators of the simulation (in the realest reality, since simulations could be nested) don't follow such a script.

Means I'm playing a game right now...sims tier, except getting people to do what you want is extremely hard

>How is this implied by simulation theory? Shouldn't every human be given equal sentience by the simulation?
It's obvious some creatures you have better A.I. than others--just look at animals you fucken stupid idiot.

>you imply
I didn't imply anything you dumb fuckin idiot, I'm not enjoying replying to you--you're just a fucken idiot.

/v/, please go back to your pissbottle filled lair.

You actually expect people to take you seriously when you respond to posters like that?

I want to heavily discourage the typical semantic nit-picking, projection, false dilemma, and other logical fallacies (aka rhetorical devices) that makes Veeky Forums a tiresome place to visit.

>Veeky Forums
>place to visit

I shit, you won unconditional victory over my boi pucci---what shall you do to me now?

Faggot.

OP is a faggot

>simulations are possible
>therefore we must be in one

I'm not convinced by this leap.

>I honest to god think some people are just oblivion-tier NPCs walking around with no ability of critical thought, self awareness, or higher sentience. Mimics; without a single independent thought in their minds.

Yeah, I'm glad we're not one of those SHEEPLE.

>Fascinating vein of thought
It's not in the slightest, even if we ignore that your premise is intrinsically logically inconsistent. Much like with free will debate there is decidedly no practical consequences to any definite answer. Now stop shitting up my board with your teenage insights and delusions of grandeur and go away.

>they'd have the power to create billions and trillions of simulations simultaneously,
That feels like an assumption.

>Semantic nit-picking instead of generating interesting thoughts on the subject of OP

Yep--certainly feels like I'm in an oblivion game right now with brianwashed academia peons.

Hot damn, Veeky Forums btfo again.

Pretty much--I feel like an intellectual giant amongst you Arts majors.

Take the redpill, you faggots.

this, unironically

>I feel like an intellectual giant
That's good, user. Feeling is important.

In real life, a large number of the people on the bus really would be super stupid.

>Know what's interesting? Let's pretend you don't find simulation theory valid--people do run on biological "scripts" aka D.N.A. and behavourism.
>I want to heavily discourage the typical semantic nit-picking
If you want to appeal to our body of scientific knowledge, what about cognitive research and studies of genetic interaction with environment?

Also, I don't think simulation theory adds anything to the discourse of what reality is like.
It presupposes a metaphysical state of affairs in the claim that whatever we are, we are such things that can be inside
simulations, there can be simulations, that spontaneity/chance do not exist (qua behaviorism) and more propositions that would be tedious to point out, and sense certainty has already been a topic heavily discussed throughout philosophy.