Selected:
>imgoat.com/uploads/6d767d2f8e/21326.jpg
>imgoat.com/uploads/6d767d2f8e/21331.jpg
General:
>imgoat.com/uploads/6d767d2f8e/21332.jpg
>imgoat.com/uploads/6d767d2f8e/21330.jpg

NPR's Top 100 Science Fiction & Fantasy Books:
>imgoat.com/uploads/6d767d2f8e/21333.jpg
SF&F author listing with ratings and summaries (incomplete, mostly pre-Millenium):
>greatsfandf.com/authors-full-list.php

Previous Threads:

Other urls found in this thread:

userscloud.com/77ujjl0mmqem
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We don't discuss Palmer enough anymore

You messed up the previous thread order. The new one goes at the top of the list.

Palmer has great taste in covers.

I didn't get it. I didn't get the point it was trying to make, I didn't understand the characters' motivations, I lost track of which imaginary oppressed people was which.

First book was great, now I'm wondering if I should even bother with the third.

yeah, I don't post much anymore
just re-read the first chapter of TLTT after my bookshelf, got my wondering how /sffg/ is doing

>"Hey George, you know how you named a dragon Drogon?"
>"Yeah, kid?"
>"I called my dragon book Eragon."
>"..."

>First book was great, now I'm wondering if I should even bother with the third.
Like so many other books this year, it fucking killed itself before the trilogy was done. And Breq never goes back to being a hivemind they get stuck on the scifi equivalent of a fucking asteroid for the rest of book 3 and repeatedly drink tea and it's only really worth reading for the cute sociopathic Presger shenanigans, the translators are pretty hilarious but that's about it.

Authors should really try to stick to putting their all into one book rather than shoving all their ideas into the first book and having no idea how to deal with the fallout. Finished Maze of Death yesterday, another great PKD story and all his books come to about 200 pages with no filler, which is far too short in my opinion but the plot is very concise unlike all the new authors who are eager to fill a trilogy with one book's worth of ideas.

But no one will ever beat Dan Simmons at his game of turning his entire universe into a fanfic of itself, or whatever Endymion was supposed to be.

>GEORGE RELEASED ANOTHER BOOK THAT ISN"T WINDS OF WINTER

Honestly I suspect what happened was she wrote the first book and the publisher said "great, we'll take it as a trilogy" so she just sort of half-assed the sequels to get paid.

Anybody read Provenance yet?

At this point he's doing it to spite people.

America was made from of immigrants stealing the natives lands. Stop trying to behave like it was something else. You and your forefathers are all land grubbing illegal aliens.

What's preferable?

>creating unique mythical creatures
>breathing new life into obscure ones

Oops, missed that a new thread was made.

How bad is the drop in quality in lightbringer books after the first one? All the hype for that series seems to have died, it can't be 3 books of full of tight pussy right? Has to be something else wrong with it.

>Implying the people there didnt kill off the previous inhabitants

couldn't even manage to finish the first book desu
the mc is a massive pussy

Has anyone read this absolute masterpiece of literature? Honestly 9/10 pulpy fun.

Conrad "Fucks Bitches Gets Money" Stargard

Neither. I honestly can't stand mythical creatures in my fantasy. I'm all about that shit where it's just humans.

Maybe if I wasn't a fucking retard I would have attached the cover.

God writing. Either one works as long as you do it right. Though you probably shouldn't just straight up use a mythological creature, for the simple reason that most of them suck ass and were beaten into the dust a long time ago. You always need SOMETHING to differentiate. Even just changing the name or slightly altering the appearance.
But more importantly, just write well, nothing else matters. You can have a great book with sphinxes and chimeras and selkies and gremlins, or you can wind up with Harry Potter. It's all up to you.

So? If that's the case there's nothing inherently wrong with Mexicans eventually replacing you.

And nothing wrong with whites hunting down and scalping all the Mexicans, eating their hearts, and invoking their ancient gods to genocide all non-whites so they can reclaim the earth.

By your guidelines there's nothing wrong either. Except only one of those situations is going to happen :^)

The drop was because a whole book was wasted on pussy elasticity.

Agreed, only one.

>quest for rubber
Did some girl offer pussy but he has no "strap"? Is this novel about him finding a dick sleeve?

>natives

The natives were long dead bro, those who conquered and ethnically cleansed them were in turn conquered (while they were constantly at war with each other)
Except whitey not only left some of their descendants alive but they also improved their quality of life by leaps and bounds.

>yfw you realize that first contact with white people had more of an impact on shitskins than the discovery of fire

>everything white touches is forever changed for the better
>whites do no wrong
>whites invented everything and discovered everything
>everyone else steals other people's culture for their own not whites
>my ancestors were more nobel than everyone today
>because some caucasian guy did something decades ago that means me, as someone who lives in a basement also did it, and I should take pride in it and rub it in other people's faces as my personal accomplishment

>The natives were long dead bro
>Muh solutreans
Oh fucking please. You could at least TRY to point out how bloody tribal warfare among natives was.

Yes, that's all true. What about it?

What is the lewdest fantasy out there? Am I asking the right question? I want a fantasy erotica with orc gals and harpies and stuff. But I don't want some vanilla shit your mother would read.

Now that I'm in the mood, does anyone have any recommendations for good colonization fantasy or sci-fi?

Why would I need too?

The "natives" had no rights of ownership or just outright traded it for beads and whitey didn't immigrate into their nations.

This is all correct, every civilization that was conquered by whitey is better than those that weren't.

Honestly I prefer the type of person you're describing to angry, bitter, minorities who have never gotten over their peoples' failures. I don't really know what to say to them, sorry you lost I guess?

I'm eager to read something like this because isekai shit just does it for me.

Do both.

I read a "she's still warm" fantasy book once, I can't remember what it was though

So basically GRI?
I know no self respecting mother would read this: Black Jewels Trilogy.

Not that guy but from what I looked at black jewels just had gri happen off page in the past tense or fade to black, disappointing desu.

Losing is not the problem. The problem is a bunch of racist basement dwellers who haven't accomplished anything in life listing off OTHER people's accomplishments like its their own.
They post stats that match with their world view, and when you post evidence that shows they are wrong they call the source not reputable.
They talk about normie media, yet they hang around yahoo all day to post their fabricated shit once any story is posted.

Anyways this is sffg, unless the book is dhalgren we are discussing, this convo has no place here.

Read it and see if you rod doesn't stay in your hand the entire time.

There is no evidence proving they are wrong though, desu.

The problem is hordes of shitskins trying to claim they are owed something for suffering they never experienced while not being grateful for the benefits they do experience.

How much gay rape and incest are we talking here?

>How much gay rape and incest are we talking here
Cock rings, femdom, forced incest, willing incest, loli rape, penis self mutilation, mind break, orgasm denial, daddy satan, etc

>Cock rings, femdom, forced incest, willing incest, loli rape, penis self mutilation, mind break, orgasm denial, daddy satan, etc
BUENO

>it's the old "'white' people aren't as violent as those SAVAGES!" joke

Can't find any complete torrents, not enough seeds desu

I've never heard anyone on this site claim to have invented the steam engine or written the complete works of Shakespeare, but I HAVE heard minorities try to claim other peoples' accomplishments for their own.

>why pepal be violent and shit.jpg
>no rape fueled blood offerings to heathen gods depicted

Hmmm.

They would justify that pic.
Also not lit

And yet that war led to a treaty that reduced the frequency and extent of future wars. Is there a black Grotius?

Whites claimed for decades that Egyptians were white, they tried to fabricate documents and research that helped corroborated this. Nappy even went as far as disfiguring the sphinx so no one would see the nose.

I don't know why you pol cucks don't stay in pol. When you bring your meme stats against actual educated people you lose every time. Lit always puts yall in your place. You always move goalposts to win arguments in the end. Just leave.

>low quality bait.gif

Stop de-railing the thread user.

It's exactly like your chinese cartoons so you'll like it. Main character is a Mary Sue with a literal harem of 14 year olds.

He doesn't need a dick sleeve. He doesn't know it but during time travel he got cured of any and all diseases he was carrying and immunised against anything the locals have.

>Frankowski's most recent work again featured Conrad Stargard. He wrote Lord Conrad's Crusade in collaboration with Rodger Olsen, which his then-publisher Baen rejected 'for "bad writing" (an explanation Frankowski doubted). Baen also terminated its contracts for other upcoming titles.

Something Baen WON'T publish?!? Never thought I'd see the day!

I envisioned that you'd post it together with a recommendation. For example, if I ask if Abercrombie is a good writer you'd answer yes or no and post your chart so I could judge your taste and recommendation.

But him becoming one with Thecla does change him and the narrative. The descriptions of his interactions with Thecla in the early parts of the book become quite different.

Does Jack Vances' Dying Earth series hold up in the modern day? Or is it just something that should be appreciated for the effect it had on the genre?

Not sure I'd call the proficiency of the actual writing downright "bad," though the storywriting is definitely pretty bad. The only character to receive more than a glance of development is the MC, the storytelling is "this happened then this happened" with an occasional interspersed scene that expands on something, there's the whole Mary Sue aspect of it, and of course it is pretty blatant wish fulfillment.

I would equate reading the books to watching the Transformers movies. It's possible but you really need to switch your brain off if you're going to bother.

from mobilism:
userscloud.com/77ujjl0mmqem

>because some caucasian guy did something decades ago that means me, as someone who lives in a basement also did it
>Whites claimed for decades that Egyptians were white, they tried to fabricate documents and research that helped corroborated this.
>You can't take pride in your ancestor's accomplishments!
>You must carry the burden of your ancestor's faults!

Also >Let me link to a previous thread to point out to everyone that white males did something very bad in the past
>Anyways this is sffg, unless the book is dhalgren we are discussing, this convo has no place here.

This is you. You're the worst type of hypocritical piece of shit. You claim you're intelligent but you never seem to apply this intelligence to introspection. This makes you a holier-than-thou cunt.

t. happily engaged STEM ph.d white male who's never lurked /pol/.

Can anyone recommend me some good sci-fi/space opera? I've read all the Culture novels of Iain M Banks, and enjoy and have read much Alastair Reynolds, Peter Hamilton and Stephen Baxter. Any new sci-fi recommends that are of, or surpass, the authors I listed in quality?

Neck yourselves, mongrels. Take that shit to /pol/ or one of the bait threads around here, if you want to sperg out.

Did you come straight from /r/t_D, autismo? Because your posts are more retarded than the rest. Slit your wrists.

>truly... we have become autism

Kill yourself

Wow I should probably reread the first 2 books to prepare. And I've hardly read any sff since Seven Surrenders, maybe the holidays will give me some time to work through my unread Wolfe, Lem, Dick, and so on. Nina Allan has a new novel out too...

This was my first post. Sorry user.

>t. happily engaged STEM ph.d white male

Kek. Neck yourself

It's not outdated and I see no reason for it ever to become so. Appreciation for the effect it had on the genre is simply a bonus.

No offense, but you don't write like an "actual educated" person.

Tbh, I don't even use /pol/. I just enjoy baiting libshits.

>He reads books by women
>He reads books with implicit cultural marxist values
>He reasd books with female protagonists
>He reads books with homosexuality
>He reads urban fantasy

lol

Hang yourself you fucking retard. Don't post if you don't have anything of value to contribute. This is a general, not your autistic bait shitpost. Either lurk more, or fuck off.

He got you bad

He reads all of the above lol

I know not that many people read horror on here, but picture related is amazing if you want some modern spooks that aren't Stephen King.

>literally nothing wrong with any of the things on that list

why so salty, user?

At least he reads.
List 15 sff books that you read this year.

they don't read
they just here to meme
which is why you won't get no answers

Holy fuck, I just realised that I learned the word vicissitudes from an anime.

Cradle series
Kings Dark Tidings series
The Lost Prophecy series
Set in Stone series
plenty of others

>dk holmberg

Might as not have read at all desu

I like his stuff & he doesn't take years between books

Why don't you swallow 50 redpills and off yourself? Fucking samefag faggot. Get cancer and rot.

not accurate

>Get cancer and rot.
Your (literally) faggot ass will rot from AIDS first.

Would it kill you chuckleheads to just not respond to bait?

>woman author

Indeed. Only book I've read so far where a potted plant makes unwelcome sexual advances on the MC.

O rly?

Yah really.
By rights it should be the other way round, eh?

The nubile tanned woman cringed as her owner brought forth an erect penis. "I am a nubile woman!" She cried indignantly. "How dare you sex me before my time! Guards!" She called. "Guards!"

Borin, her owner, placed one hand on his penis, and the other on the table and looked at her. "You will be fucked" he said.

"You do not dare to sex me!" laughed the woman, her oiled tan lines gleaming in the low light.

"You will be fucked," said Borin.

"Do not sex me!" wept the plant.

"You will be fucked," said Borin.

I watched this exchange. Truly, I believed the woman would be fucked. She was a woman, and on Gor she had no rights. Perhaps on Earth, in its permissive society, which distorts the true roles of all beings, which forces both woman and owner to go unhappy and constrained, which forbids the fulfillment of owner and woman, such might not happen. Perhaps there, it would not be fucked. But it was on Gor now, and would undoubtedly feel its true place, that of woman. It was female. It would be fucked at will. Such is the way with women.

Borin guided his penis, and muchly fucked the woman. The woman cried out. "No, Master! Do not fuck me!" The master continued to fuck the woman. "Please, Master," begged the tan nubile, "do not fuck me!" The master continued to fuck the woman. It was female. It could be fucked at will.

The supple female sobbed muchly as Borin extracted his penis. It was not pleased. Too, it was wet and sore. But this did not matter. It was female.

"You have been well fucked," said Borin.

"Yes," said the female, "I have been well fucked." Of course, it could be fucked by its master at will.

"I have fucked you well," said Borin.

"Yes, master," said the female. "You have fucked your woman well. I am female, and as such I should be fucked by my master."

The older woman next to the nubile supple tanned woman shuddered. She attempted to cover her small form with her small frail arms and small hands. "I am female," she said wonderingly. "I am of Earth, but for the first time, I feel myself truly womanlike. On Earth, I was able to control my fucking. I often scorned those who would fuck me. But they were weak, and did not see my scorn for what it was, the weak attempt of a small older woman to protect herself. Not one of the weak Earth owners would dare to fuck a female if she did not wish it. But on Gor," she shuddered, "on Gor it is different. Here, those who wish to fuck will fuck their women as they wish. But strangely, I feel myself most womanlike when I am at the mercy of a strong Gorean master, who may fuck me as he pleases."

"I will now fuck you," said Borin, the older woman's Gorean master.

The mature beauty did not resist being fucked. Perhaps she was realizing that such fucking was its master's to control. Too, perhaps she knew that this master was far superior to those of Earth, who would not fuck her if she did not wish to be fucked.

Book?????

The plant one is funny. This is just dumb.

Cringe

>beating the goose
fuck white people

Slit your wrists.

My ass is fine, your crack whore mother uses a condom on her strapon. Her ass, on the other hand... She loves shitting my seed under your pillow. She almost looks cute doing that, then she prays to the nut-fairy to make you into a man; no matter. He both know that you're a handicapped kissless sperg.

From my new novel, The Mongrels that Come Before.

Gor

The nubile tanned plant cringed as her owner brought forth an erect hose. "I am a nubile plant!" She cried indignantly. "How dare you water me before my time! Guards!" She called. "Guards!"

Borin, her owner, placed one hand on his hose, and the other on the table and looked at her. "You will be watered" he said.

"You do not dare to water me!" laughed the plant, her oiled tan leaves gleaming in the low light.

"You will be watered," said Borin.

"Do not water me!" wept the plant.

"You will be watered," said Borin.

I watched this exchange. Truly, I believed the plant would be watered. She was a plant, and on Gor she had no rights. Perhaps on Earth, in its permissive society, which distorts the true roles of all beings, which forces both plant and gardener to go unhappy and constrained, which forbids the fulfillment of gardener and plant, such might not happen. Perhaps there, it would not be watered . But it was on Gor now, and would undoubtedly feel its true place, that of vegetation. It was a plant. It would be watered at will. Such is the way with plants.

Borin guided his hose, and muchly watered the woman. The woman cried out. "No, Master! Do not water me!" The master continued to water the plant. "Please, Master," begged the tan nubile, "do not water me!" The master continued to water the plant. It was a plant. It could be watered at will.

The supple plant sobbed muchly as Borin extracted his garden hose. It was not pleased. Too, it was wet and sore. But this did not matter. It was a plant.

"You have been well watered," said Borin.

"Yes," said the plant, "I have been well watered." Of course, it could be watered by its gardener at will.

"I have watered you well," said Borin.

"Yes, master," said the plant. "You have watered your plant well. I am watered, and as such I should be watered by my gardener."

The older plant next to the nubile supple tanned plant shuddered. She attempted to cover her small form with her small frail arms and small hands. "I am a plant," she said wonderingly. "I am of Earth, but for the first time, I feel myself truly plantlike. On Earth, I was able to control my watering. I often scorned those who would water me. But they were weak, and did not see my scorn for what it was, the weak attempt of a small older plant to protect herself. Not one of the weak Earth owners would dare to water a plant if she did not wish it. But on Gor," she shuddered, "on Gor it is different. Here, those who wish to water will water their women as they wish. But strangely, I feel myself most plantlike when I am at the mercy of a strong Gorean gardener, who may water me as he pleases."

"I will now water you," said Borin, the older plant's Gorean gardener.

The mature beauty did not resist being watered. Perhaps she was realizing that such watering was its gardener's to control. Too, perhaps she knew that this gardener was far superior to those of Earth, who would not water her if she did not wish to be watered.

>erotic fiction
>fucking stupid meme bondage fiction

Mary-Sue
A sexist term used to enforce the misogynistic ideals that female characters/authors shouldn't be allowed to fantasize or write anything along the lines of wish fulfillment. Its misogynistic qualities are exemplified in many ways, most notably being the fact that it's not a term dominated by the male counterpart despite existing in a patriarchal society, as well as the fact that the male counterpart is largely undecided upon in name and also undefined (see urban dictionary's Gary Stu entry which has no definition but to say "A Male Mary Sue", and the Marty-Stu entry which involves the "Mary Sue" definition to define it).

It's usually used on the whole to bully new authors out of writing female characters altogether, making the task seem so daunting to some that they now only write slash fictions with two male characters, also exemplifying the misogynistic qualities this term involves.

We're now at poorly editing a poor edit of a hilarious parody of a stupid book? I wanna go home.

Don’t forget, you’re here forever.