The absolute state of literary journals

>the absolute state of literary journals

Are there any literary journals out there that, you know, focus on fucking LITERATURE instead of politics this day and age?

Other urls found in this thread:

theparisreview.org/
yuki.la/lit/7336315
lrb.co.uk/v39/n17/amia-srinivasan/the-sucker-the-sucker
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>reading books for reasons other than to be
a smug prick around people who think differently than you
???

Ahh, literature, that thing we all know and love that until two years ago never mentioned politics.

bump for interest
literary journals used to play a central role in contemporary literature, now they're horrible shillzones. if there are good ones, which are they?

The people running them are not European and thus have no interest in celebrating or cultivating this aspect of our culture; their only interest is subverting it and culling it of the men who made it a valuable cultural product in the first place.

Paris review actually releases its issues that feature selected poems, short stories, and interviews with authors baring political jargon

Problem is that it's behind a pay wall

overt political propaganda aside, i'd like a journal with literature published for literature's sake, not literature published because it's written by the right kind of Chicano author who everyone in California is just bananas about.

Thanks for the recommendation!

See
theparisreview.org/

And yet all these literary sites are bending over backwards to promote Islam while Muslims are practically nazis when it comes to their antisemitism. I do not get it.

No, jews and arabs are literally cousins who have historically gotten along just fine. Just like now, jews were responsible for letting arabs into Spain and fought alongside them against the Spanish, which was why they were both expelled in 1492. The notion that jews and arabs don't get along is mostly fiction and a modern spat that revolves around Israel. Jews are happy to clear them out of Syria and elsewhere near Israel's borders and send them into the west, unsurprisingly, which is why they are the main group advocating for the invasion policies now infecting the white countries. Jews are very bad people, nation destroyers.

The first thing on their website is an article called On Basquiat, the Black Body by someone named Aisha

Most people aren't interested in literature at all. White males with conservative opinions who read books are a minority of a minority. These journals pander to the the college educated, white female demographic. Plus, politics probably gets you more pageviews than literature. Not to put too fine a point on it but half the threads on this board are thinly veiled politics threads.

the boston review had a 1500 dollar contest for unpublished authors just recently but i hadn't been able to finish my story to submit in time :<

that vietnam guy who won the macarthur grant was the finalist judge

but chicanos are cool!

Fight progressive hegemony with your writing. Stop whining.

>artists lean left

Not inherently. Nabokov and TS Eliot were conservative

That's a predominantly post 60s phenomenon wherein jews who increasingly gained control over artistic outlets only published or produced liberal material and subverted/strongly denounced anything to the contrary, evolving into the hegemonic beast we see today attacking anything against its program.

Trust me buddy, I've been around them and they aren't. They believe they're infallible and that all of the causes of their problems come from the fact that the US isn't 'accepting enough.'

>liberal
>left
jej

the paris review of books is good

North Star Stories & Poems

And Yeats, and Borges, and Pound, and Chesterton and Belloc and Junger

"I don't understand the concept of a cat's paw".

>Belloc
>artist
However effective is his christcuck apologia I won't judge, but his rhymes for kids are nothing that would put him next to those other names and his review of Vathek is an embarassing philistinism.

woah buddy

Not inherently, but art history tends to honor people who challenge the status quo, and the right tends to defend status quo. The same phenomenon is visible in visual art, music, and theatre.

People pretend to read fiction - especially intellectual or literary fiction - a lot more than they actually do.

I'll be honest: I've only once read a 'literary' magazine in my life. I quickly surmised the ones who get published are likely friends with the publishers, or went to the same schools or know the same people, and that most of what they wrote was pretentious drivel - people skilled at writing but with really nothing much to say.

Reading teh twitter feed of literary agents is eye-opening. They ALL want Trans/non-binary gender, PoC and trump haters. Or, of course, those already famous looking to "write" a memoir like Kaepernick, James Comey, Obama, etc.

They scarcely even tweet about books, even by their own clients.

None of teh Jewish people I know like Muslims, but then I only know the middle-class non-German ones.

i´m sephardic jew from an upper class family and you can bet your ass i fucking hate muslims

>rah! i’m the only person who thinks literature and politics have distinct spheres in social life! everyone conform to my imaginary distinctions!

ever consider maybe people like things for a reason and that you’re just a square?

This image is a bit bigger every time I see it

Not saying its editor doesnt comment on the issues of the day in his letter, but this particular journal brings a smile to my face and 3-6 book recommendations every issue I get.

LRB is ok, but will cherry pick political works to make a political point occasionally.

Why does such a small minority find well written non-fiction artistic?

I get the Paris Review. I prefer my review to you know... review books. The snippets of fiction from literally whos and Zadie Smith I can do without. Will not resubscribe.

Your personal experiences really have no place in this discussion. Jews are the main people behind pushing for Muslim immigration.

Your ancestors in Spain sure thought otherwise.

valuable... for other euromen...

LRB is entirely political, what are you talking about? Half the ed board is openly communist.

I've been trying Google, but does anyoyne remember that Veeky Forums used to have its own call for papers for its e journal or e zine?

This is the only thing i could i get though
yuki.la/lit/7336315

lrb.co.uk/v39/n17/amia-srinivasan/the-sucker-the-sucker

Dont be a faggot

I want to bump this does anyone know the name of the old lit journal?

Not the new jej-right journal.

Because most art historians are women, try appealing to an actual authority next time. Education in the west is dismal presently.

>Stop disagreeing with me on political issues REEEEEEEEEEE
Faggots. The vast majority of literary journals in history had a political bent, especially in times of turmoil.

This is an incredibly reductionist viewpoint, and I'd say mostly wrong.

>most art historians are women
The vast majority of the relevant ones are men.