Just read this 'lil novella and thought it was really witty and significant. What are your takes on it?

Just read this 'lil novella and thought it was really witty and significant. What are your takes on it?

I always dug the vibe man

id rather not!

Kafka before Kafka

pure reddit

how long is it?? i got like partway through and then got tired and stopped even tho i've read moby dick. my friend recorded an audiobook of it

Goes from whimsical and amusing to fucking crushing by the end
It's one of those stories that has this magnificent aura of allegory to it even when you're not quite sure what is being articulated.

Melville knew how to fucking write

Dude it's like 20 pages or something
Maybe literature isn't for you. I'll take a wild guess and assume Moby Dick was assigned to you

no i just am chronically ill and have good and bad days, i was trying to finish bartleby right after i had finished moby dick and i was exhausted.
not assigned, i'm not a lit student

>>>worldstarhiphop.com

What kind of family shares a single spoon? At least put some effort into your forced racism

Kek. I'm white. Is this referring to spoon theory ?

I don't know what spoon theory is, but I somehow posted that, obviously, in the wrong thread. I was going to say something about it but then the "racism is a real thing" idiot above you chimed in like he knew what was going on, so I just let it be.

The most fun I've ever had with something written pre-1900; a great introduction to the classics.

Laughed at the beginning, cried at the end. A masterpiece.

>Kafka before Kafka
Its not really Kafka at all, worldwise, its more like a story written from the point of view of Kafka's Father

>everythingisreddit.jpeg

B. and his boss are both gay and in the middle there is an allusion to a previous romance.

However, B. begins to resent his boss,for he can only love an equal man. His silent protest is a reminder to his boss that in a naturally oppressive relationship (such as capitalism) men can never be equal, he is more so a slave of his master than a free soul.

In the end, his frustration leads him to commit suicide - His boss is not ready to see B. as an equal and a true love cannot flourish between them.

There is a lot, a lot, a lot more to this story, that was just one of my surface level observations.

I thought it was like reading typical new yorker schlock but over 100 years in the past. It put me off reading Moby dick

Good, less retards reading good books the better

*fewer

Go suck a cock Cecil

Yawn. You're gonna have to try harder than that if you want to convince anyone.

Have you ever read The Catcher in the Rye? Holden rapes his sister, Phoebe.

Bartleby is a lazy nigger
the narrator tries to help him out, gives him all the tools he needs to set his life straight, but that lazy nigga just want to sit around all day
of course Bartleby dies when the white man finally give up on him

I truly hate you.