What does it mean to be really human?

What does it mean to be really human?

vulnerability
finitude

hi DFW

>tfw born and raised on Volga but live thousands of km away
Fuck you and your picture for giving me the feels, OP.

imagine fucking this slampig

Being rational, enterprising and noble

slampiggy is a dedicated meme

slampiggy plays video games with the boys, then slampiggy gets slampiggied. if you don't like pigs then stay away from slampiggy.

Name?

Hello

This one's meh.

i have 2 more of slav rivers

suffering and dealing with it.

Having to accept the burden of self awareness

nice paintings

i wish i could remember the names of the russian artists i like but it seems impossible

I have fluid inside of me that I want to stay inside of me. Except the kind that I want outside.

Keen awareness of suffering and the learning to use the tools to alleviate it.
Or possibly to have the most fun in the world
Or maybe to hold sacred/protect everything in front of you.

Im not too sure.

Memes.

God damn russia is a shithole. no wonder they're so miserable they want to ruin the rest of the world.

Being able to ask, "What does it mean to be really human?"

redditesque

To be able to appreciate beauty.

Thats why people kill themselves, and thats what distinguishes us from animals.

To be conscious of the ideas

People kill themselves because of beauty?

Mishima did

Actually not a bad answer

Unironically read Stirner. If you think there's a spectrum of 'humanity' where humans can be more or less human you're severely spooked.

Lol

They kill themselves when they are not able to see beauty anymore.

To burn in the fires of virtue

>If you think there's a spectrum of 'humanity' where humans can be more or less human you're severely spooked.
Where did you pull that from

or when they see the beauty and the abrupt killing is to stop it from vanishing slowly

I really like these
atmospheric af
thanks for posting

hmm. That is a fine painting. I wouldn't hang it in my home, though. It's too demanding

Fuuckk me these are depressing. I hate them, but I can't deny that they make me feel deep things. Awful paintings. Make me feel stranded, lost, and alone.

check't and I actually like this one, though.

fpbp

To be really human would be some combination of a chaotic neutral sociopath and Jesus

To really be human is to live by throwing yourself for the winds of fate with cardboard cutout wings

He's right though.

my humanity is GROWING

My boipuss

based slampig poster

this

Pfft. A *robot* could ask that question.

Yes

The awful thing is that beauty is mysterious as well as terrible. God and the devil are fighting there and the battlefield is the heart of man.
-John Green

To survive and make it through the worst of things, allowing it to better you. To find love at the end of your trials.

asking what it means to be human

System.out.println("what does it meant to be a human?");

It means nothing, you're still a human either way.

>t. nihilist retard

>muh soul
>muh transcendental needs
You're just a lousy meatbag full of shit just like everyone else. Get over it.

fucking oink

sounds like something I would say when I was 15 yo lol

I tip my hat to you good sir. Say, hast thou surveyed the most recent episode of Rick and Morty?

Based Norm. That's exactly what he would say.

The only thing worse than /r/atheism posters are former /r/atheism posters that read Tolstoyevsky once.

If I had a dollar for each of the arguments on these posts, I'd have to declare bankruptcy.

>No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity. But I know none, and therefore I am no beast

t. materialists triggered because they know their meme position is popular among dumb kids

>he thinks that truth is objective rather than decided by consensus
>he wants our consensus to be a depressing hellscape
You are what's wrong with the world

Normally people first make the distinction between animals and humans (humans being a step above animals) when asked this question, instead of looking at it from the other end of the spectrum, man in relation to God (man is lower than God, but by how much?). Looking at it from the other perspective, with a view of an animal's place on that ontological spectrum as well, it might be said that animals are actually closer to God than are humans (so our first proposition might actually be wrong) for a few reasons: 1) God is passionless (according to almost all philosophers), while humans are more passionate than animals, 2) God is the opposite of egocentric, while man's reasoning and tendency to opine fiendishly brings him further from God than the animals in this respect, 3) the essence of humanity is reasoning and self-determination over faith in the existing order. If you think about it, animals are far on the side of the latter, as is God, as this order is God's and it is perfect, so God has perfect faith (knowledge) in the existing order, while humans, as is our nature, fall on the side of self determination, diametrically opposing God. Therefore, while distinctly human qualities and and capacities allow us to achieve different things than can an animal, they separate us from God more than an animal is separate from God. However, here is the rub: these human capacities that separate us from God give us the ability to pursue that ultimate goal of being, to become God-like. So while we are ontologically less than animals, those of us who have yet to accomplish this glorious end, we are given the opportunity to slingshot past the animals into the likeness of God by means of the shackles of human nature. If you read all of that, you seriously wasted your time and need to do a better job prioritizing the way you spend your time.

It's really a simple argument. Base premise is that meaning is a human construct, which I think we both agree on. You choose to go from there to "there is no meaning" by way of some retarded logic that equates "human construct" with "invalid", whereas rational people would say that if meaning is decided by people, we should do as good a job as we can at sustaining that meaning.

I think Spengler mentioned that animals live in the field of nature, whereas humans live in the field of both nature and history, which are ontologically similar.

>What does it mean to be really human?
1. Nothing.
2. Having the right genes in the right order.
3. Something about humanism, compassion, cooperation, and social responsibility.
4. Something about individualism, independence, competition, and freedom.
5. Something about serving the creator.

tru

Transcending the world and uniting with God.

Freedom, being rid the servitude of the one. Before achieving this we are slaves, prisoners and servants- chemical robots with no will of own.

to be banned

Yo shitpost

what servitude?

We are children and servants of our creator. We serve by spreading whatever word we have found. Like any father, it is wished of us to surpass him. Only by doing so are we granted our freedom to create or do whatever we please. Few know the path towards achieving this, but only you will find your own finality in the attempt. Are we human? Sure, but the real question that one needs to ask is "Are we free as humans and if not, how can we be?"

girls this thicc and statuesque intimidate me but i still would

sounds a lot like Whig history m'lad

Do we have the right to form the definition upon our feelings and philosophical findings? Or is it fairer to look upon the history of humanity - which is written in stone - and read the definition from there? For thousands upon thousands of years we were cannibalistic beasts wreaking havoc upon the Earth, surviving from day to day, struggling to fulfil our basic needs. What I hear from you is 'I love me mum' and 'Dang Bill, look at that sunset, brings tears to my eye!'.
I say that to be human is to pick the rock that lies upon your feet and carve your future with it, for that is what brought us through the swamps of time to the present.

>how can we be?

Only in creation.

> not HACKING the museum site to get their precious full-size photos

To keep the lie alive that we are something beyond an animal; but in reality we are just an ape with high behavioral plasticy; and yet, despite this behavioral plasticy, biological entities influence our behaviour and thoughts more as we would like to admit.

To not ask that question.

Featherless biped

best answer so far

t demiurge stooge