What's the last book that made you feel actual emotions reading it?

what's the last book that made you feel actual emotions reading it?

>he reads literature that doesn't move him

wew

Critique of Pure Reason. Reading Kant through the Transcendental Deduction was life changing. Beautiful argument. I cried for hours afterward

Culture of Critique

I cried at the end of The Elementary Particles. Haven't read much fiction since.

Literally all of them

The ending chapeters had me weeping like a little baby.

Invisible cities was a rollercoaster of emotions

Do boners count as emotions?

Winesburg, Ohio

Please tell me this isn't about incest, my mom is into lit and she has unironically recommended it to me on multiple occasions

Notes from the Underground honestly, and that was a long time ago
Wait also the ending of Brother's Karamazov took a few days to kick in before I "got" it. I always felt it was unfinished, but I love the idea of a massive story topped off by that last scene

I got bad news for you, kiddo

b-but it has other literary merits right??

fuck off

>having emotions at all
Never going to "make it". Try to become completly numb or emotionless.

I finally read Lolita a few weeks ago and there was a passage that struck me emotionally.

“What I heard was but the melody of children at play, nothing but that, and so limpid was the air that within this vapor of blended voices, majestic and minute, remote and magically near, frank and divinely enigmatic—one could hear now and then, as if released, an almost articulate spurt of vivid laughter, or the crack of a bat, or the clatter of a toy wagon, but it was all really too far for the eye to distinguish any movement in the lightly etched streets. I stood listening to that musical vibration from my lofty slope, to those flashes of separate cries with a kind of demure murmur for background, and then I knew that the hopelessly poignant thing was not Lolita’s absence from my side, but the absence of her voice from that concord.”

>when the pedo truly realizes the depth of his mistake

But I think the majority of the feels just come from Nabakov's pretty writing.

why dont ( ( ( YOU ) ) ) fuck off

>mfw it's actually good

the recurring themes throughout the whole book had me tearing up, such a ((roll))ercoaster