Is it ok to start with Gass and postmodern lit in general from here? It's the only thing im interested in reading

Is it ok to start with Gass and postmodern lit in general from here? It's the only thing im interested in reading.

no we're against postmodernism, try reading Jordan Peterson's youtube videos, and you'll see why they are contributing to white genocide

Yes, read what you want

>Is against postmodernism
>Proposes a 'reading' of Jordan Peterson's videos according to which they (the videos) are contributing to white genocide.

Gass is plain bad

Postmodernist literature is great if you're an unitiated pleb because it won't tell you anything that offends your worldview. But go back to the classics when you want to actually learn why the world is in the condition it is now.

I would like some actually well thought out posts please

What "classics" are you talking about? Because im planning on reading the Iliad along with Middle C.

Classics from literally any era before the 1950's. So you're good.

Sure, go for it.

>Classics from literally any era before the 1950's
Ulysses and Finnegan's Waks are pomo and pre 50s

Ulysses is mo

No it isn't.

Ulysses is the pinnacle of modernism

Yes, this is a good starting point, though Gass is sort of a high compared to most postmodernist stuff you'll encounter.

start with omensetter's luck or in the heart of the heart of the country

No it's not you witard.

>reading
>videos
Classic user.

Hey, user, please, stop it. Do not embarrass yourself anymore. Ulysses is the great example of modernism. If you really do not agree with this, would you care to explain why?

What the other anons are saying. There is no controversy over whether or not Ulysses is modernist. People use it to define modernism. Now, maybe you're in the school of thought where "postmodern" just means "we're stuck in the modernist era and can't get out," I dunno.

This.

If only to see how useless postmodern literature is.

It is pomo because there is literally NO objective playing out of any events of the book. Everything in it is seen and interpreted through contradicting accounts of the "same" vents. It LITERALLY expresses a lack of the grand narrative, and highlights how facts depend entirely on the historical context and personal motivation of the people involved.

Sure read it but to /truly/ start with Pomo do like Vonnegut (entry level) or Gaddis' The Recognitions (precursor)

You're a fucking idiot.
Read Gravity's Rainbow. Pynchon is the only redpilled writer out there.

These jewish shills are losing their shit.

Pynchon could only wish to drop a fraction of the truth bombs DeLillo drops

start with omensetter's luck or in the heart of the heart of the country
The Tunnel is possibly the greatest work of the 20th century but you have to able to get through about 97 pages of modernist obfuscation before he starts writing in a legible way (like gravity's rainbow or ada or ardor or women and men, the first hundred pages or so attempt to deliberately discourage the reader, they're also of course necessary for plot purposes so you can't skip them)
ignore the weird /pol/ shitposting in this thread

>The Tunnel is possibly the greatest work of the 20th century
Wew. Can't say I'm surprised a leftist would make such an assertion though.

>GR has scenes of literal blood libels of children
>heavy focus on Kabbalah
>MIC control over WWII, all a plot just to further tech and make money
>hedonist sex parties featuring BDSM and pedo shit aboard a ship named Anubis
>hints towards CIA remote viewing before that info was even declassified
>Pynchon worked at Boeing, transcribing blueprints and schematics for field manuals

pshhhhhhhh

Not even that guy, but you're a fucking retard. Read the fucking book. It's a crowning achievement of prose poetry, folding narration, and not to mention some fascism to appease the average /pol/ user.

Gass is a pervert that did a disservice to literature with that freakshow of a book. We learned a valuable lesson though: that spending a quarter of ones adult life crafting intricate prose isn't ultimately that impressive when it the result is a twisted and sick literary dungeon.

you sound awfully sheltered

please explain to me the dualism of prose and poetry that ultimately leads to a symbiosis yielding Kohler's salvation in the end when he laments his loss of his wanted vocation
what did the structure hint at?

do you read for plot???? lmfao

>twisted and sick literary dungeon

You sound like a tool. You also sound like you've never read a single fucking book.

Likely the opposite could be said of me.

I prefer there to be a plot but I appreciate style more than anything. And what Gass represents is a corruption of style pursued for selfish and sadistic reasons.

Many more than you have, surely.

>represents is a corruption of style

stop pretending you've read anything in the canon. you're such a fucking idiot. good lord.

>heavy focus on Kabbalah
What does this imply?

>pursued for selfish and sadistic reasons
How can you tell?

Says the guy who can't even use proper grammar.

Seems rather obvious, no? Gass is a product of his generation, one that spit in the face of a civilization, their own, that is currently, to no surprise, collapsing; he's the worst of these postmodern boomer writers though. There's nothing redeeming in the Tunnel, it's a disgrace to literature and emblematic of the selfish and destructive boomer.

>society is collapsing
Jesus Christmas, you say that like it's a bad thing.

Seems rather obvious, no? Gass is a product of his generation, one that spit in the face of a civilization, their own, that is currently, to no surprise, collapsing; he's the worst of these postmodern boomer writers though. There's nothing redeeming in the Tunnel, it's a disgrace to literature and emblematic of the selfish and destructive boomer.
And this is emblematic of this so-called selfishness and sadism how?

Also, how do you know he CORRUPTS style? Does society only have to conform to your perceived view of style or should it invent new styles, like the Postmodernists did?

whoops, i forgot to greentext your post, sorry bud

(((occult magick)))

They know they're losing. Its funny to watch their impotency as their system collapses slowly around them.