Wisdom thread

Wisdom thread.

Post any wisdom you have accrued over the years.

I'll start off, but I insist that you post your own pearls of wisdom.

>Face your fears and your flaws. Don't ignore them or suppress them or downplay them. Look them in the eye.

>Consistent exercise, a full night's sleep, and a healthy diet will be the greatest gifts you can ever give to yourself. Period. You have no excuse for any of them. If you don't have the time for any of them, make time. Your body is meant to move. Your brain especially suffers from a lack of exercise and sleep and a shitty diet, leading to imbalances in hormones and neurotransmitters, causing you to feel miserable, depressed, and stupid all of the time.

>More than anything in the world, people crave sympathy and recognition, just as they crave food or water. Go out of your way to be nice to others and make them feel valued and appreciated. The costs are negligible, but the potential gains are enormous.

>Practice making pleasant small-talk in everyday interactions, like lines at grocery stores or coffee shops. When you build up your confidence across many low-risk scenarios, you get much better at interacting naturally in higher-pressure situations like networking, dating, public presentations, etc.

>The decisions you make and the actions that follow are a reflection of who you are.

Other urls found in this thread:

dangerandplay.com/2016/05/04/illma-gore-hate-crime-hoax-as-performance-art/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Jews have ruined the Western world
>women have ruined white culture
>liberals have destroyed whiteness and masculinity
>nonwhites have ruined common decency
>trannies and fags have brought about unprecedented degeneracy

Grab fear by the horns every time it rises and you'll slowly be liberating yourself

You forgot:
>These are the reasons I cling to as excuses for my virginity and lack of success

>liberals have destroyed whiteness and masculinity
>>trannies and fags have brought about unprecedented degeneracy
These are the only ones that are true, and I'm not /pol/ but seeing rap become pop and promote degenerate values and Cardi B famous for acting like a brain dead stripper makes me reeeee

>I cling to as excuses for my virginity
Right...
>complain about slutty women
>blame it for your virginity
How does this work again? Sounds pretty reddit, formulate it better next timd

People who lack significant intelligence are nothing more than reflex organs that react to external stimuli

>"virgin" is used as a epithet against the far right
>tfw left wing but still a virgin because ugly and awkward
>tfw attacked from both sides
why does everything have to suck so badly?

>have clear goals, work towards them every day
Giving life a direction makes shit so much easier and so simple to deal with failures.
>keep track of your progress
No need to be overly autistic about it with timetables and all but it's a very simple way to remain motivated and notice whether something isn't working and perhaps needs adjusting.
>relax
Will the shit you worry about right now matter in 5-10 years? If not, it's not worth worrying about.
>b urself
That one is often misunderstood, it's mostly about accepting the shit you can't change about you at the moment and finding out your strengths and expanding these, and not falling into playing a role someone decided for you.

bonus round:
>everyone is just winging it
>consider whether advice from others is applicable to you and your situation and goals
>things you want might be not the things you need

I recall reading an article about potential collateral damage of anti alt-right rhetoric not too long ago, though why would you feel it's related to you, given it's used in a specific context, when the person in question is sexually frustrated and blames their failures on others and not on their lack of getting itself.

When you deride someone for a particular quality or characteristic you're also deriding anyone with that same quality or characteristic, regardless of context. When people make fun of Trump for having small hands (and therefore a small dick) they're making the men who are on their side politically feel insecure about the size of their hands and dicks, and playing right into the masculinity stereotype they claim to want to dismantle.

>you're a loser because women don't find you attractive
>if you fret about not being able to attract a woman (even though we just called you a loser because of it), you're a creepy Eliot Rogers entitled male

People on the left need to stop doing this shit

Eh, you ARE in the right but at the same time it's a not very realistic expectation and just like other things when sensibilities are hurt, is bound to cross the line into the absurd. Should people stop making rape jokes because some rape survivor might get triggered? What about jokes involving violence? Even more people were on the wrong side of it. Stop making fun of Trumps idiocy because it could be offensive to people who are less intelligent? Going the over sensitive way is also bound to reflect on the left as the "no fun allowed" group as it did with feminists before, which is just bad PR and probably more harmful for the big picture if it turns enough people away.

I find the hypocrisy in some cases much worse, say people who supposedly support body positivity and then tell skinny ones to eat a sandwich, but for other stuff there is usually context. "My nigga" said to a friend isn't the same as "remove that nigga" to some random black guy, "fat insecure fuck with small hands and fake tan" to a specific target isn't the same as insulting people with these characteristic due the combinations of factors and a name that make clear why it's targeted at the person (say Trump acting like a bully, pretending to have a big dick and hands, hence the joke is more about his delusion than the characteristics) ... now to be fair, people often do miss that and focus more on the characteristic themselves, but if I recall it right, it usually comes from the liberals who don't think too much beyond "x is an okay target, y isn't" and only count as left due the actual left being such a ridiculously small group.

>A man that has already proven himself will find mere words harmless, a man thats yet to prove himself has bigger problems than words.

>Memes are parasitic ideas that uses your brain as a substrate for replication

>Life is absurd, you can live with any sense of moral obligation unless you want to get cucked by life further.

>Life is inherently unjustifiable because there is no reason why some should be condemned to endless suffering while others receive endless happiness. completely randomly, no one deserves anything.

When I talk this points with people , they always bring up the example of buddha, but he tasted the finest things in life before coming to this conclusion. What makes you think it can be achieved with only knowing misery? or is the implication here that buddha is a dumb fuck who needed to experience the turbochad life first and we don't because we're better?
What if buddha had been born a miserable peasant who had to see the local warlord rape his mom to death in front of him or something and never saw anything else? My guess is, he would have been a dopaminecuck like everyone else.
Every chad gets bored of women at some point. It's actually tricky for a quasimodo virgin to actually renounce women. Same for richfag/poorfag life and everything else.
Many people who claimed to have renounced this or that are simply in a sour grapes paradigm. Theres intellectusl realization, and beyond that theres uneertanding.

>The figure of the rich stacy / chad (loathed as branded by permavirgins ad undeserving of their happines) are the offspring of people who have contributed someting that other people wanted and thus were rewarded with money by society in return.

Giving her dauther a better chance in life is just one of the many benefits that came with their contribution, this is not to say she is exemp for the genetic roulette, highborn or not she might still be born as a quasimodo herself, but then again, she'll have at her disposal the income to perform corrective surgery and cover some of her flaws with expensive makeup, not because she herself "deservs" anythig, but because her fathers made sure it would be that way.

>equality of lives is nothing more than a madman’s ravings.

"If all life was equal, then he would like to put a man who tortured people to death in one electric chair and a champion of said equality in another, and then make the latter decide which of them should die. Anyone who could actually say that they could entrust their fate to a roll of the dice was a true believer."

The major problem is the double standard. The same Left that would comb through a film or a book with a microscopic ideological lens in order to find instances of women or minorities being portrayed as anything other than a certain prescribed way have no problem contributing to the rise of male body dysmorphia and sexual insecurity by making fun of them for inherent characteristics that they have no control over. In other words, men like me have to bear it, while every other disadvantaged group is a beneficiary of think pieces on Salon. When you think about it, why would someone like me want to be a part of that political movement? This creates a recruitment vacuum for the other side.

>(say Trump acting like a bully, pretending to have a big dick and hands, hence the joke is more about his delusion than the characteristics)
No, the joke is predicated on the notion that masculinity is highly dependent on virility and sexual success, and that if you fail in that regard you're not a real man and are open to being made fun of. It would literally be high school bullying if applied to any other person.

Things exist in as much as they pre-exist in the divine intellect.

I legit wish i could believe this

Well, IMO body dysmorphia and sexual insecurity should be made fun of, to a point it becomes a joke even worrying about these. Obviously for all sides, so yeah, double standards is a problem. South Park seems to hit the right balance of humour, though for more serious medium it can be harder to achieve.

When it comes to joking about Trump, I feel you're missing the point (though obviously it depends on the specific article), it's more about HIS notion of masculinity which he fails at. It's like making fun of a guy who acts like IQ is serious business and then gets a 90 back in a test, not joking about low IQ people per se.

Just because the people might have different value to society doesn't mean their value isn't still the same. You could give a monkey different dollar bills but whether it's $1 or $100, for the monkey the shit has the same value.

>IMO body dysmorphia and sexual insecurity should be made fun of,
The joke isn't "feeling ashamed about your body is silly" it's "if you have these characteristics, you should be ashamed of your body." It's contributing to sexual insecurity, not making fun of the concept.

>it's more about HIS notion of masculinity which he fails at.
This reads more like an excuse than a genuine explanation. The vast majority of the people making fun of Trump's dick are making fun of it per se, they aren't thinking about it ironically. It's also silly and vulgar. Are we so impotent that we have to make fun of the way a guy looks whenever we disagree with his politics? This is literally the same tactic reactionaries use when they call feminists ugly, unfuckable cat ladies. It's depressing to think that regardless of ideas and beliefs, all that really matters to the average person is whether or not someone's attractive.

Man's continuous search for acceptance in humanity only makes him less of a human

Pls, don't gimme that shit.
Why can't you believe it?
I mean I already know why but tell me in words.

>This reads more like an excuse than a genuine explanation.
It really depends on the specifics in the end. I recall the artist who made the painting of small dick Trump specifically mentioning that it supposed to question our expectation of masculinity and power. In the context of "guy who thinks big dick is masculine but actually has a small one" it's completely different than "lol he got a small dick" although I don't disagree that majority of people who made the joke probably approach it from the latter angle.

But then again, the same people tend to limit their caring about issues to reposting tweets. Something as simple as muh female representation in Marvel movies could've been easy solved if all the people who pretended to care about it, would've simply boycotted the shit.

mocking other people is a way of taking the focus off my own shortcomings. it's born of cowardice and prevents me from becoming more self aware and thereby improving myself.

And who sayd anything about their value to society?

Even if that were the case, by painting his dick the artist is still subscribing to the paradigm where physical insecurity is something that can be probed and exploited as a way of demeaning power. Not ideas, beliefs, or actions, but probing the same insecurities that, if exploited by others to attack her, would be perceived as misogynistic. It's the sign of a shallow society.

But that's the point. It's the artist making fun of the people who make a connection between the dick size and the power, not the dick size.

"I asked a friend with a ‘small penis’ to pose for me and transplanted Donald Trump’s head onto his body, Trump being the conduit to the definitions we place on people because of their genitals, like ‘man’, ‘woman’.

Suddenly when you look at this piece, you’ll notice how Trump’s junk becomes the rationale for how horrible he is or an attack on his ability. It may be related to the famous thing that Marco Rubio said about the correlation between Trump’s tiny hands and his manhood. This is the prejudice I was trying to explain to my friends when I’d explain gender fluidity and woman’s equality. It’s not as interesting as an answer like ‘Trump’s a yuuuggee dick’, but it’s the truth, and I stand by it."

The equivalent of it, would be drawing some female sex icon with an A cup, and most wouldn't bitch about that either.

Good thread OP, and those are good words. Here are some of mine,

>The book of Proverbs has 31 books. That's one per day for a month.

>Listening to your mom and dad, unless they are supremely degenerate. They have a lot of wisdom to give.

>Choose to be warm to people.

>Learn and practice reflective listening (google it)

>Jesus of Nazareth was the Son of God, and the wisest and kindest man to ever live.

Illma gore is the same woman who faked being attacked by a Trump supporter in order to garner sympathy and attention:

dangerandplay.com/2016/05/04/illma-gore-hate-crime-hoax-as-performance-art/

I'd hardly buy her stated intentions for creating that piece. I think the people graffiting "Trump has a micro penis" are her actually intended audience, but it would be too gauche for her to say that out loud.

>The equivalent of it, would be drawing some female sex icon with an A cup, and most wouldn't bitch about that either.
That absolutely not the same thing. The paragons of female beauty, high fashion models, are almost all flat-chested. Cup size and dick size are in no ways equivalent in our culture.

>who faked
Nice fake news, even lying about her posting a picture of the report. Besides even the reasoning is insane, "the faggots who did it were to weak to knock her out, it's fake yo!"

>The paragons of female beauty, high fashion models, are almost all flat-chested.
If you definition of "flat" is B or C cup, and most use push-ups too. There are a few with As and pretty much none with AA, chicks with small tits get made fun of about as much as small dick males in real life, and are pretty much non existent in media outside the "no tits girl" role, the only difference is that's it's more socially acceptable to laugh about small dick males without consequences.

>There are a few with As and pretty much none with AA, chicks with small tits get made fun of about as much as small dick males in real life, and are pretty much non existent in media outside the "no tits girl" role
This is plain delusional. Flat-chested women are all over our media, particularly when it comes to fashion. I used to subscribe to Vanity Fair; almost none of the women in any of the ads were ever a C or above. There are women who became millionaires through their looks alone who are completely flat chested, like pic related. Comparing it to penis size, which is an indication of both masculinity and attraction in our culture, is ridiculous.

>Nice fake news, even lying about her posting a picture of the report.
What are you calling "fake news" in this situation? She claimed to have been attacked, filed a report, and no one ever got in trouble. The notion that some random guy in her middle class neighborhood in LA decided to punch her while yelling "Trump 2016" is the height of absurdity. I didn't see that growing up in the ghettos of a predominantly Hispanic city, now imagine that occurring in a part of LA where Trump has almost no supporters whatsoever. It stretches credulity.

>Nice fake news

... You seriously believe that a man got out of his car and yelled "Trump 2016!" and punched a woman in the face completely unprovoked? A woman who just so happened to also be a person who is very into political activism? What a total coincidence.

How does your mind work?

Just some stuff from my notebook:

>Avoiding situations in which my flaws might show is not the same as solving them.

>All it takes for my thoughts and opinions to be distorted is for people to ask what they are.

>If I avoid points of view that require explanation, views that require me to explain myself, then I will hold either a consensus view or none at all.

>It is stupid to expect that there is harmony among things that are related solely through their relation to myself. All the people and things in my life would collide if I saw myself as their reason for existing. Simply, the universe would break if it bent to face me.

>It is difficult to imagine yourself without also imagining an audience.

>Responding to a compliment by arguing that it's wrong is a sure sign of pride.

Cool guys

kys

>It is stupid to expect that there is harmony among things that are related solely through their relation to myself. All the people and things in my life would collide if I saw myself as their reason for existing. Simply, the universe would break if it bent to face me.

Congratulations, I've never set my eyes upon something so utterly moronic and pseud in my entire time in Veeky Forums.

>There are women who became millionaires through their looks alone who are completely flat chested, like pic related.
She has an A cup, that's far from completely flat chested. B is the average for the fashion industry and when it comes to other media it goes up.
What's the point of focusing on exceptions, who got other strengths in a business that's less about attractively and more about posture and standing out with some quirk? Models are a lot less about looks than their dimensions and photoshoot skills.
Also it's not like tons of famous males females dream about don't have small dicks, whether it's Brad Pitt, Jay Z or Jude Law, Enrique Enrique Iglesias was pretty open about it too.

>in a part of LA where Trump has almost no supporters whatsoever.
It's a huge city, even if just 1% were Trump supporters, it'd be a lot of people, besides given the action, it's unlikely to be you're average person, even most Trumpbots aren't that stupid, someone who was stalking her is much more likely.

>and no one ever got in trouble.
>LAPD caring about shit if the attacker was white
Kek.

Just end it senpai, you are a grade A retard. You are the kind of people who bough into the russia trump collusion, stop living your life with your mouth open, a lot of people are gonna take the hint and continue to feed you bullshit.

>It is difficult to imagine yourself without also imagining an audience.
That one was fun. My first instinct was to totally disagree but it does seem correct outside of some scenarios.

Why tho? Nothing is wrong with it per se, just could be said more simple.

Set love as your destination, faith as your map and hope as your steed.

>You are the kind of people who bough into the russia trump collusion
Are you accusing me of working for the FBI? Where are your manners, son?

>Don't let people pick you as either enemy, pick them! That way, you can pick your enemies in a fashion that you also make friends.

>Nothing in life is more important than health, family, and deep friendship. Never ever prioritize ANYTHING, be it politics, money, job, etc. over your own fundamental happiness.

>Routine is power. Slowly edit your daily routines overtime to make yourself more productive.

>Life is short, don't waste. But especially don't waste it living in regret. I look back on K12 and college as wasted years, don't let the rest of your life turn out the same.

>Dogs are based. A friend to animals and children is a friend to God.

>Excellence is habit, not action.

A truly flat-chested woman isn't all over our media because a truly flat-chest woman is supremely rare. What I showed is what people typically refer to when they talk about "flat-chested" women. Also, beauty and the concept of femininity in general isn't really predicated on breast size for most men. Face and weight are the qualities most selected for by guys. A weight analogy would have been more appropriate on your part, but even then at least that's subject to being changed, unlike penis size.

But let's not get stuck on this one issue; my point wasn't that women don't feel physical insecurity to the same extent that men do. Obviously that's not the case.

>even most Trumpbots aren't that stupid, someone who was stalking her is much more likely.
There was a preponderance of fake hate crimes during the 2016 election. Unfortunately only the right wing media reported on it (unlike the woman who reported a fake hate crime against Obama supporters in 2008, which made national news), but both the Left and the Right were faking victimization last year. Like half of the reported violence committed by anit-fa turned out to be fake. I'm sorry, but I don't buy it.

So I had never heard of Cardi B before but holy christ one of her songs has a quarter of a billion views. Bodak Yellow is generic lyrics over decade-old composition. Fuck the whole rap game, that garbage culture is partly responsible for oppressing the poor in America.

>All silencing of discussion is an assumption of infallibility.
JS Mill. If more people knew this fact our national discourse wouldn't be a fake news shambles.

>Be not hasty to believe flying reports to the disparagement of any.
George Washington's 50th rule of civility

>>All it takes for my thoughts and opinions to be distorted is for people to ask what they are.

Continence is the foe of heresy.

Found this in written in a book about lockpicking my grandpa got my little brother:
"Evan, practice makes you a free man."

>find your strengths and expand on them
tfw no strengths