What will i get out of reading this?

What will i get out of reading this?

Understanding of the mindset of an autist

schizophrenia

Schizoid or anti-social personality disorder

Oddly enough, this book is so short that, it will take you less time to read it than it would take you to watch season one of Mr. Robot.

Hmm, that is very odd

Interesting and very odd my friend.

Enjoyment

A reasonable justification for self-imposed isolation and a profound degeneration of your overall mental health if you read it uncritically

I felt uncomfortable due to how similar the protagonist is to me.

Major keks.
>his plotting of the shoulder bump
Hahahahaha

Literally this. I just got through reading the dinner section, and this guy is a class-A autist.

Connection, honesty. Still my favorite work of Dostoevesky p4p and I've read C&P and BK

No fooling, it's a one way ticket to smirk city.

Knowledge has corrupted humanity, but it is in that corruption that we find our humanity for with it we test the bounds of our free will.

the abandonment of the illusory presupposition that there is something outside of you that is the cause to despair, and if just that were to change you would no longer despair.

This book is almost like a Kierkegaard lite. Helps to begin understanding some existential terms and thinking.
Really fun read though!

I thought it was really funny. The stuff about him pacing back and forth while his old acquaintances sat down for dinner that he deliberately crashed and him obsessing over the cop who bumped into him was hysterical.

He sure rekt that prostitute didn't he.

Literally this. It's a Russian comedy so ignore the "serious" prose and just read it for what it is. Don't take it too seriously.

The part where him and his servant stare at each other had me dying.

Is there more to the first part of the book than meets the eye or is it nothing more than a ramble that makes little sense until you get some context later on? I may be an idiot but I had to reread some of the first pages to get an inkling of what he was sperging about.

This. The entire dinner scene was absurd

It's not a comedy and you know it

>What will i get out of reading this?
Depression.

It's great how that despite Dosto's grim demeanor in every single one of his works he's quite the comedian