Runs slow

>runs slow
>pages take forever to turn unless they're native format
>can't e-mail books to your device
>can't connect to any computer via USB except for my Linux computer
>updated itself after a week and now freezes every fucking time I turn it on
How did you fucking convince me to fall for this goddamn fucking meme? I'm going to sell this piece of shit and buy a new Paperwhite or Oasis. Anybody wanna buy a Kobo Glo HD?

Nothing better to do on a Saturday, Bezos?

Fuck you bitch, do you want to buy my Kobo Glo or not?

Just buy an oasis and never have to buy another ereaders again. Fucking nearly 2 month battery life. Just buy a sexy leather case with it and win at life forever my guy.

>win at life
>no epub support
>shitty backlight that bleeds more often than not
>forever anally enslaved by amazon and chained to calibre

>no epub support
What is so awful about converting things on a simple program? You have to do it on Kobo we well if you want to enjoy it at all.

Nook here.
I never turned on wifi and I charge it once every 4 month. I love this little shit.

>can't connect to any computer via USB except for my Linux computer
Suspect you didn't read the instructions tbph

Not sure about speed as I haven't compared to any other e-readers. Mine's slower than I thought it would be but fast enough.

I know you plug it in and tap "connect" when it says to. It's just that half the time it doesn't connect.
Oh, and now it freezes when I eject it, too.

ereaders are nice but you're plugging in to corporatist bullshit if you buy one.

just buy books fag. it's not hard to carry a book. i do it all the time.

Yes but can you carry 1,000 at one time?

Nook masterrace.
Six years of owning one, still runs smooth without a hitch. Hardware buttons went to shit after 2 or 3 years, but you really don't need them.

do you read a 1000 books each time you go out ?

No, it's far more convenient. Can slide it right into my pocket like its a cellphone, some books are bulkier than others so that's not possible, and if I get bored with X I can read Y with no added weight to my travels, plus when you're traveling constantly for work ereader is super useful.

I will say I'd much rather carry a book though, just not logistically sensible.

And not pay a dime for them. You can carry more books than 100 people will read in their lifetime on a single micro sd card.

books are nice but you're plugging in to corporatist bullshit if you buy one

just buy scrolls fag. it's not hard to carry a scroll. i do it all the time

Honestly, the greatest selling point I've come to realize was the portability. ereaders are light and extremely easy to hold and read comfortably. I can't imagine going back to hulking around my copy of Les Mis to read. Yes, I get the tactile feel of a book and smell and yada yada yada is good and is so what earthbound, but I really don't give a shit about that anymore desu. All the aesthetics that came with physical books I don't give a single shit about. I've read more books on my kindle than I ever had physically and it's fucking great. Couple that with highlighting options and hyper linking notes you can take and it's all you really need.

My Kindle Touch is starting to get on in its old age. Is the Paperwhite a good upgrade? Is it comfortable to read on? I'm worried about going from my comfortable grey background to brighter white

Paperwhite is pretty much considered the best e-reader.

My question is: why is the Voyage shit on so much? I've never had one, just curious.

I have a kobo glo and none of that is true, except for the email? Haven't tried it.
It's also very good for manga.

>It's also very good for manga.
Quit lying.

The Voyage is stupidly expensive, that's why. If it were more reasonably priced, It'd trump the paperwhite ten times over.

>not using an ipad

So it's basically a more expensive Paperwhite? I ask because someone local is selling one for $100.

>Anybody wanna buy a Kobo Glo HD?
Maybe. Where do you live?

Also I use it for language learning, translate shit on the fly.

Georgia. I love the pocket app and would miss that, but alas.

Anyway attempting to step back the system update becuase I'm pretty sure that's what's making my device keep freezing. But I sure hate the idea of always keeping wifi off to avoid future updates, becuase I like reading articles.

Does Koreader still let you use Pocket?

Get the Paperwhite, the Oasis isn't worth the difference in price.

>tfw you just pirate shit and read it on your phone

Had a PW2. Gave it to me mum. Didn't feel like spending the dough on a PW3 (I paid $80 for my old one) and honestly kind of felt like something different. The Kobo was an experiment.

Shit's still freezing, by the way. Even after I stepped back the latest update.
Fuck Kobo.

your eyes will thank you for e-paper, especially one with a lighted screen

Ignore phone LCDfags. Do not reply to LCDfags.

I'm considering buying a paperwhite because my old ass kobo is really, really slow. Turning pages, highlighting stuff and so on. Are kindles really faster?

I only have experience with the cheapest Kindles and Kobos but yeah, the Kindles are way better.

Just downgrade to 3.14

>not having one of each ereaders
Are you this poor?

Earlier version than when I bought it. And it's still freezing.

Well, I did a factory reset and installed Koreader finally. We'll see how this shit measures up. But I already miss the shelf view. And it still doesn't read manga well.

Just buy a book you faggot, when you're done, turn it in a second hand shop, recoup a couple of sheckles and buy the next one.

>over 200 quid
>no blue light filter