This just came in the mail. Time to turn my life around

This just came in the mail. Time to turn my life around.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yzh7RtIJKZk?t=5m30s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

my nigga, 15 year old girls read this book. It isn't that deep.

>15 year old girls read this book
Do they like it?

t. never read Lolita

Bruh, my goons in bayridge like it

Bruh, I only read the 48 laws and power

Hey, I'm reading that too.

cool! whats it about?

>It isn't that deep.
It's not meant to be deep. It's Nabokov's love letter to the English language.

As for the content, I think it's a celebration of the freedom of speech.

I have read that upon initial submission of the novel to publishers, at least one suggested changing the setting to rural America and making Lolita a teenage boy, to make it more suitable for publishing.

nabokov is trash but this is some good jerk material not gonna lie

It is beautifully written, enjoy

>making Lolita a teenage boy, to make it more suitable for publishing.
huh...

I thought it was pretty good. Not my favourite, but still pretty good

Yeah I thought it was weird too. I guess because feminists wouldn't be triggered?

WHAT
DID
HE
MEAN
BY
THIS?

Feminists love CP of underage boys

boys are aesthetic but i'm not a feminist i just like factory-new humans

Who are those semendemons?

>boys are aesthetic

>A book of art history, The Beautiful Boy (2003) was illustrated with 200 photographs of what The Observer called "succulent teenage male beauty."[49] Greer described the book as an attempt to address modern women's apparent indifference to the teenage boy as a sexual object and to "advance women's reclamation of their capacity for, and right to, visual pleasure."[50] The cover photograph, by David Bailey, was of 15-year-old Björn Andrésen in his character of Tadzio in the film Death in Venice (1971). The actor complained about Greer's use of the photograph.[51][52]

This is hilarious in so many ways

There is more

>The book generated some controversy because "society is not accustomed to seeing beauty in young males", Greer claims. Greer has described the book as "full of pictures of 'ravishing' pre-adult boys with hairless chests, wide-apart legs and slim waists". She goes on to say that, "I know that the only people who are supposed to like looking at pictures of boys are a subgroup of gay men," she wrote in London's Daily Telegraph. "Well, I'd like to reclaim for women the right to appreciate the short-lived beauty of boys, real boys, not simpering 30-year-olds with shaved chests."[4] She was criticized for these comments with some writers labeling her a paedophile.[5]

>Germaine Greer responded vigorously on Andrew Denton's television talk show Enough Rope.[6]

>"Well, I'd like to reclaim for women the right to appreciate the short-lived beauty of boys, real boys,
Fucking love how she shamelessly appropriates feminist terminology with "reclaim", I don't if it'd be funnier if she was trolling everyone or actually saw this as a social justice issue

Jesus. Literally just a dirty old woman who gets off to underage boys. If a dude did it he'd become a pariah.

>I don't if it'd be funnier if she was trolling everyone or actually saw this as a social justice issue
It's definitely the latter. She knows she can get away with it because she has a vagina. It's like something out of a NAMBLA press release.

>It isn't that deep.

Found the 15-year-old with many "deep" books on his shelf that he either hasn't read or just simply didn't understand.

I highly doubt that pederasty and raping a teenage boy would have been more acceptable. Lolita is controversial enough as is, that would have made it even worse.

Did l just get baited?

This just came in the mail. Time to turn the tide around

> Who are McBride, Sturges, Galitsin?

lol, I know about the sex tape and what happened next. That's the joke, you doofus.

Pay attention to the voice. Nabokov is smarter than the reader is; he tricks you throughout. Really, really phenomenal book.

That's not so far fetched. Having a girl be the object of a brutish lustful attraction or the victim of molestation will offend more, because it's more "real." Females are the sexualized gender.
It makes sense if you think about it.

A good example would be this bit of Louis CK: youtu.be/yzh7RtIJKZk?t=5m30s

He would probably have gotten a lot more backlash if he had made his joke about a pedo craving after little girls.

Exactly. Consider high school teachers who fuck their students.

If it's a male teacher and a female student, the world loses it's fucking mind. He's automatically a pedophile and a monster.

If it's a female teacher and a male student, most people are like "oh, ok". They get a wrist slap, some house arrest, maybe a few years in the clink.

Maybe smarter than you desu