What are his motivations?

What are his motivations?

I think Land does try to ride on certain ideological currents but seems to otherwise be genuine in his beliefs. Compare him to a certain Canadian psychologist, who, will connect to any person that isn't too fringe, and more importantly, connect to the type of person that will futher popularize him. Land doesn't seem to be into podcasts that much tho, but he seems to have more intellectual integrity as Peterson, who just modifies his ideology to connect to more people.
This is the power of accelerated schizotypy.

Write some cool shit and talk about how capitalism is, like, inevitable, man.

In Land's own view, it's silly to try to change things, because it's already too late to succeed in doing so. He's just enjoying the ride.

>Write some cool shit and talk about how capitalism is, like, inevitable, man.
Do you think he just enjoys the cool shit and it is all a performance, or is it that he honestly believes it but also just wants to make it sound cool? I think all those drugs changed his brain chemistry so that he both believes it, but his schizotypy drives him to make it cool like he did with meltdown.

He’s a master of linguistic edge.

I'm convinced he believes it.
Pic unrelated, unless you read it allegorically.

le 140 characters

Cringe !

I wonder if ol' Nick will ever get 280.

does he really have schizotypy or is it a meme

It is not something an user would tell you

He has a very tiny soul and cannot fathom a world outside historical materialism.

In short he is english.

Nick is a goldmine

Interesting...
Maybe this picture explains everything

Woah the power of schizotypy

>In short he is english.

Land is what peak Atlanticism looks like

Haha epic xD.

I love quirky, random humo(u)r!

He 100% does not have schizotypy. t. someone on that spectrum.

He self-induced amphetamine psychosis while at Warwick but he seems to have recovered from it.

I’m schizoid and Land’s writing is like verbal ASMR to me desu.

So Land focuses on understanding society from a non-human, cold perspective (= the outside?). Can you suggest some other thinkers who do that?

Object-oriented ontology. Negarestani, Brassier, the speculative realism crowd, etc.

Where to start with Niggarani?

hmm, maybe i will trigger a psychotic breakdown in myself using drugs so that i can get laid

It seems here, and it could be wrong, that schizotypy is confused for schizophrenia. They are not the same, and schizotypy comes in both maladaptive and adaptive forms.
I know schizotypy when I see it. Land is high fitness schizotypy.