Are Russians the best writers? Is this generally accepted?

Some exemplary writers are Dostoyevsky, Tolstoy, Chekov, Nabokov, etc.. The list goes on and on. Whenever I see a book written by a Russian author I am instantly intrigued as to it's contents. They seem to emphasize feelings very deeply (with sometimes cruel detail). I heard that this may be do to being hardened by their vast history of hardships.

Other urls found in this thread:

objectobot.com/?cat=184
thefederalist.com/2015/07/22/anti-ideal-a-critic-of-ayn-rands-lost-novel-proves-her-point/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My mom explained it to me.
It's a genetic suffering.
Russia is so shit, that a melancholy disposition is ingrained in their social collective. Good breeding ground for the arts.

There's plenty of good and even more bad Russian writers, just like in every great literary tradition. This thread will yield nothing but start an autistic pol/int shitfest.
t. pyccкий

this
captcha: stop now

There is a good case for this.

yes there is.

Marx was German, you fat fucking retard.

I was pointing out the irony of your post. Rand was a fucking Jew, not Russian. It's the equivalent of saying an Arab living in France is an authentic Frenchman, it's simply not the case.

Russia is very cold and therefore people spend more time inside. Inside without modern media they have more time to read and write. This, along with the amount of large Russians that there are compared to a similarly cold place like Norway, is why Russia has a great literary culture.

It wasn't my post you responded to.
If the Arab was born in France to a French speaking family that act French, I think it is safe to call him French.

They're some of the worst. They're popular here because Veeky Forums is filled with whiny children who think 'muh suffrin' is good writing.

Shoo shoo, /pol/

Would you care to provide some examples of Good Literature that includes no suffering?

its contents*

>/pol/
>hates Ayn Rand
I don't think so.

That's not what I said.
Typical illierate russaboo.

>because Veeky Forums is filled with whiny children who think 'muh suffrin' is good writing.

Ok defend what you said.

I am a large Russian. You small insignificant people are nothing compared to me

shut up

In spirit maybe. An Irishman in China might perfectly adapt to the culture and even be a citizen, but at the end of the day he's an Irishman who's living in China. His blood is not Chinese and it never will be. All this being said, I'm not some stupid /pol/ ethnonationalist, I'm just stating reality.

I meant to say the large amount of Russians. Fuck.

prosto russkie umejut v pisatelskoe masterstvo, a ostalnie net

vot i vse

Alisa Rosenbaum aka "Ayn Rand", Jewish immigrant to the USA. Idolized William Hickman, a serial killer who murdered and dismembered little girls. Based her main characters, such as John Galt, on Hickman. Railed incessantly about social welfare, then spent years living on social security checks. Second-rate writer, third-rate "philosopher," textbook example of sociopathic and narcissistic personality disorders.

Truly great Russian writers would turn over in their graves at being associated with that talentless hack.

Beй нoт джycт юc Pyшиaн лeттpc?

Russians are practical with all things even their emotions.
This is why so many people find russian lit useful.

Look at Veeky Forums, it is filled with whiny children obsessed with shallow 'muh suffin' realism.

Πλεβ τεϊςτ, μαϊ νηγγερ.

>that act French
the chances of this are negligible. very, very few arab families are so rootless and indifferent to their own heritage and culture that they're even capable of adopting another culture perfectly. the whole idea of easy, seamless 'assimilation' is a myth. it's a difficult, humiliating process of subjecting yourself to another people's ways, and it doesn't come naturally to people at all.

>Some exemplary writers are Dostoyevsky, Tolstoy, Chekov, Nabokov

Chekhov is the only ethnic Russian here. Tolstoy and Nabokov weren’t even Slavs.

Please explain how D, T and N are not Russian.

ti eblan?

PSSSHHH

This. A Russian 12 year old girl is more Stoic than anyone here.

Dostoyevsky was Polish-Lithuanian, Tolstoy and Nabokov were Germanics with some Russian admixture

Actually I tend to find Russian writers wallow in pathos to the point that it drifts into bathos.

Endless complaining and nihilism is not, to me, good writing.

dude If Dostoyevsky was really Polish he really hates his people hahaha, the hate for Pols coming out of his books is just astonishing

I'm sorry, what have you been reading?

>Dostoyevsky, Tolstoy, Chekov, Nabokov, etc

if you actually speak Russian and read the originals and not the english interpretation you will realize how shit they are

>Rusky lit, the only lit better in translations than than original form

Except Nabokov wrote in English (he could speak it before he could speak Russian) and translated his own works.

Russia literally had one century of literature. England and France have had almost a millennium.

>Muh Canterbury tales and Tristram Shandy

Bullshit.

>the list goes on
does it?

This. Russians are also more passionate, sincere and have a rich history and culture to draw ideas from.

>tfw Russian translates like shit

Bullshit.

Yawn objectobot.com/?cat=184
The fact that people keep bringing up what should be an obscure peice of information to smear Rand that sounds bad but isn't true is highly suspect. Really initializes my cashews man.

Such a small natio

Population of 140 million. What do you expect

>This is an obvious reference to a rather selective discussion of notes Ayn Rand made in her journals in 1928 about a murderer named William Hickman. Hickman’s defiance after his capture, and the reaction against him—a reaction she saw as being less about the evil of his crime than about his refusal to conform to social convention—caught her attention and caused her to work on a fictionalized version called The Little Street, a project she worked on for a while and then dropped.
>Hickman has been long forgotten everywhere else, but he will live forever in the minds of Ayn Rand’s detractors, because they can now cite her notes on his case as proof that she was an admirer of serial killers and probably a psychopath herself, which means that they can now safely ignore every argument she ever made. Isn’t that convenient?
>In fact, this is only proof that writers should burn their notes before they die, because inevitably some idiot is going to come along and use your half-thought-out ramblings as proof of what you really believed, in contradiction to the thousands of pages of meticulously edited work that you actually published. In this case, if we want to know what fascinated Ayn Rand about the case of a notorious criminal, we can look at what she actually said: thefederalist.com/2015/07/22/anti-ideal-a-critic-of-ayn-rands-lost-novel-proves-her-point/