Tfw to brainlet for Veeky Forums

>tfw to brainlet for Veeky Forums
Where the fuck do I start my dudes? I want to have sophisticated conversations about literature and life with you guys.

You start with the Greeks, or evola, your choice.

Start with the high school curriculum from 60 years ago

Will try
>evola
Isn't that the guy about esoteric nazi stuff?
pic

Start with Greek mythology (I recommend Age of Fables by Thomas Bulfinch). Not only will a good knowledge of mythology allow you to understand millennia of allusions, you'll also gain a decent understanding of classical storytelling.

Do what everyone else on this board do (including me): act sophisticated

>Greeks, or evola
Starting with evola could easily break a man

Sounds contagious and life threatening, either way.

I am already broken.

As long as you don't start with the greeks, you're good to go

the ego and it's own by max stirner

The Master and Margarita

DESU any exposure to Ebola at any time can do that... i get genuinely scared of his work sometimes

If you are Veeky Forums at heart then the Greeks
Homer->Herodotus->Plato->Aeshylus,Sophocles at the minimum

If you are normal then Hemingway, Steinbeck, Camus or Dostoevsky (pick if your life is shitty)

If you are truly a brainlet then Vonnegut or Murikami
Also the meme trilogy is a meme, the recent big5 are legitimate

There's honestly not that much sophistication to this board. It's a bunch of christfags pushing religious texts and some meme shit.

m'lord

t.newfag

Hey take it easy fella! Some guy that pretends to be Pynchon posts here sometimes.

I have never once seen a sophisticated conversation on this board

Where do I meet sophisticated literature fellows in real life?

that guy and people like him are the reason I browse this board

if you haven't even seen ONE interesting debate on this board you're either a massive newfaggot or in denial

The recent big five?

-Iliad+Odyssey
-Divine Comedy
-Paradise Lost
-Hamlet (can change)
-Faust
Pretty much the pillars of the canon, no Bible because boring I guess

some faggot decided that his reading list was important enough to be called "the big five"

This ->Don't you have a YA- I mean SciFi backlog to be reading?

>reading any of those without the Bible

The assumption is you've read it, like everyone should've before they even came here

I've non ironically started with pleb kid fantasy such as hp and lord of the rings and evolved from there once I was used to reading every day

You don't need the Bible for Iliad and Odyssey, retard. Kill yourself.

Tbh Bible is more of a reference in my view, over a full liftetime you should expect to have read all of the individual sections (barring some of the true tedium in late Old Testament) and I do respect a good knowledge of it, but the idea it should be read to start like classics or Shakespeare etc is fucking retarded. Just read bits as you go along