whats your book about user/

I wonder what happened to that guy who always posted the same threads of
>tfw rejected for publication again
with the guy and the typewriter

I hope he didn't kill himself

About a mans romantic exploits in new york

Have you gotten any feedback on it?

Have you done any revisions.

you should probably find an agent for it rather than send it direct to publishers

and maybe start working on something new while sending it out

Literally the only valuable criticism I have gotten from it is that some parts are too "purple" and it's too expletive

Everything else has just been by the book automated reply bullshit: "We regret to inform you blah blah blah not what we are looking for at this time blah blah blah, etc etc"

well why don't you post it here for us to read? we'll give you some feedback.
Don't worry, we won't steal your story that's been rejected nearly 20 times.

MY MANUSCRIPT IS MOONING 10X

When they say you have to be persistent and keep sending it out there, they mean to different companies, user

>this
i could use a good romance story rn

>tfw bought mydiarydesucoin at the peak

All success depends on two things:

1. How good is your work
2. Does it sell

I feel like most posters on this board (and probably most wannabe artists in general) ignore number 2. Unfortunately, in order to "make it" you have to think like a businessman not just like an artist. And yes usually you have to compromise your work or tailor it so that it will sell.

if I was doing it for the money I wouldn't be doing it in the first place.

But why would you even write if you just want to make something commercially successful? If you're thinking liking a business man you would just put your effort into better ways to make money

>2017
>not self-publishing

holding those memoir bags

why are you whining about your manuscript being rejected then?

Because at heart you aren't writing for yourself, you're writing in the hopes that your work will be seen by a large amount of people. Or at the least, you write for yourself but you are also very invested in the validation that would come from your work being widely read.

You cannot hope to gain an audience without appealing to the consumer, or at least by finding another way to spread and promote your writing to the specific group of people you want as an audience.

No one here would say that you shouldn't have written it the way you wanted to, but I think you can't entertain the notion of many publishers taking a chance on a (presumably) very prosaic and esoteric debut.

If you don't find success publishing this, hold onto it, work on another project, and perhaps once you've formed a relationship with someone who's willing to publish something else of yours, bring it out again.

>tfw my girlfriend moved away after being hired by John Green as a "diversity coordinator"

Enter some literary competitions/prizes first so you can put some respec on your name

He keeps sending it to me by mistake.

Post the opening line

Fuck. You just took me back to about two fucking essays I had to write for my Creative Writing BA.

You're wrong btw. Fuck self-publishing and the self-inflated bastards who use it

>James realised, with a sort of laugh, that every joke he had recently heard had been told by himself, to himself, and at his own expense.

Nobody would read more than page or three if first paragraph wasn't amazing. Even so. You should only send fragmented parts of your book, unless it's some groundbreaking work of philosophy or other nonfiction, like a paragraph there a monologue from here, a few unrelated poems to show your skill.
Send as little as possible, obviously not a retard small sample.
Nobody's gonna look at 300+ pages of anything they know nothing about.

already read it, it's called the love affairs of nathaniel p