Can you correlate with this?

Can you correlate with this?

My father used to read to me when I was a child and I turned out to be an asshole.

Empathy is not a good thing. The SJW era has enough "muh feelings". We need strong warriors to defend traditionalism, not compassionate cucks.

μέτρον ἄριστον

>empathy
>strong warrior
you really think the two are mutually exclusive? can you not be empathetic while still curbstombing your enemies and also justifying it?

I wasn't read to much, and now I have autism.

sounds like a bullshit normiebook fact
agreed, we need more strong black men fucking our white women

>Traditionalism

how do you defend that? by posting on a chinese caricature tertulia? fuck off back to /pol/

Read all the time as a child. Scored low on many empathy tests, and I have autism.

Strong warriors aren't cucks.

having empathy isnt synonymous with being a cuck. you can have empathy for someone getting divorced; does that make you a cuck? i dont even feel like finding a bait image for you

define "accepting of others"

>how can you defend following the teachings of Socrates when slaves in China built your computer for 13 cents?
By remembering that the inudstrial reovlution and antiquity were formed during Empires

Fuck these masturbatory reddit posts. Read to read, not to score virtue points and pretend that you're and good person and to feel good about that fantasy.

>people misunderstand that what is being referred to in the pic is fact that children early in development actually have difficulty with the notion of intersubjectivity, to they point most that young children around the preschool age for a time assume that everyone sees the world through their eyes, and reading helps them more quickly develop to the baseline generally reached in elementary school and that "theory of mind" is being used in the sense employed by Jean Piaget

name one.

Even Joan of Arc would pray for her enemies

Thank God I don't read then.

because she didn't fight

>being read to
So... not reading stuff yourself? Does this mean reading early makes you a sociopath?

>and, further, that a greater theory of mind at a young age does not necessarily translate to greater empathy or interpersonal understanding in adulthood as this post implies

>Veeky Forums thinks it understands research methodology but doesn't

Correlate what with it? Or did you mean "relate" without the prefix, you illiterate fuck?

I realize that this is at least in part bait, but it appears to me that the people who talk like this want to actually believe to some extent in what they say as well. So I guess I'll futilely point out the obvious and say that, without such tendencies as the desire for fancy, the preservation of sensibility (and even sentimentality), and the interest in emotion, both one's own and others, there is no "tradition" for "traditionalism" to rescue, or if there is, it will be a hollow one, and worthless. One need only contrast the macho and unhappy Spartans with the relatively more womanish but really venerable Athenians, and the argument has been made. You've brainwashed yourself just as have your supposed opponents. There is a whole lot of bad. sloppy thinking going on in this thread.

>Dad read to my every single day for like 1 hour from 3 - 6
>loved it
>always sit at the edge of my bed
>always laid in my bed and thought of the plot
>dad had to hide the books so i wouldnt just read them
>read some pretty heavy stuff
>im pretty sure he was just reading what he liked, for his own sake just as much as mine
>be me now 21
>complete egoist
>only superficially empathic in any way
>only person i actually care about at all is my dad

>correlate with
I seriously fucking hate you right now OP.

Dumb cunt. Empathy is entirely necessary to understand yourself and the world.