The catcher in the rye

does anyone actually like this book? holden took me as being a complete self-centered faggot

>holden took me as being a complete self-centered faggot
If you don't sense how hurt, insecure, and vulnerable he is, then I despair for you

lurk more, faggot

He's a spoiled little rich kid. Put him in compton for a month and I guarantee you he wouldn't be such a whiny little faggot.

>tfw work in compton
>still a self-centered faggot
so much for your cure, doc

>work
>not live
Fuck off kike

It's a complex character study, you don't need to like the character. Just appreciate how well Salinger writes 'misunderstood teenager'.

>does anyone actually like this book?
people that aren't still in high school being forced to read it for english lit

does anyone actually like this book? the underground man took me as being a complete self-centered faggot

Only jews. Catcher is a distinctly kikish book, replete with subversion, degeneracy, and cringe galore, which is why in our jewish dominated society kids are forced to read it. If you are over 18 and not jewish and think it's anything other than complete trash, you are an emotionally stunted beta male.

does anyone actually like this book? marcel took me as being a complete self-centered faggot

Oh dear, the Nazis are here

...don't tell me that's the translation you got

Much better version, desu

Nazis haven't existed in over 70 years. Now try to think long and hard about why you seem to think otherwise.

That's the point you mongoloid. Holden is a reflection of the society he lives in, and he's remarkable because he realizes that everyone else is selfish. The irony that underlies the whole of the story — that he, too, is selfish — is a flaw central to his character, and his eventual willingness to let things go and be generous in small ways is a beautiful piece of growth. It's a story about a self-centered faggot learning to be less self-centered and less of a faggot.

How are the seniors treating you this year, little guy?

well, he WAS a teenager

Shit flick

I really liked it when I read it a couple of years ago. The thing I've found is that people who hate Holden don't relate with him. This is because you're probably even more self-centered than him and lack any kind of self-awareness.

I think it's a book you must read first at 14, and then at 20

That book is american foreign policy. Like The White man's burden was to the birtish

does anyone actually like this book? Jesus took me as being a complete self-centered faggot

You're that guy who hates Kafka and Proust too, aren't you

cringe

Besides niggers are the most self centered people ever

well, he WAS the son of god