I don't usually go on this board...

I don't usually go on this board, but I was wondering what your guys' thoughts on Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp a Butterfly are.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3M_5oYU-IsU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The overwhelming critical acclaim really exposed just how low our standards for hip-hop are.

Middlebrow and mediocre. I'm more of a Future guy.

Overproduced political rap for apolitical teenagers and adults who need to fit in.

youtube.com/watch?v=3M_5oYU-IsU

Worse than GKMC but overall an alright album. I don't get the hype though, it might stand out in times of trap but Kendrick doesn't say anything new nor in a new way compared to Pac.

The cover is dope tho.

Good Lord, on how many dicks can Khaled hop?

Try the redpill. Rap """""music""""" is degenerate

Rap is the only music sans classical that actually expands the art, brainlet-kun.

>Rap """""music""""" is degenerate
So what?

>degenerate
Try stuffing your mouth with pills. Consider a razor if you find it easier.

Laughable. Had to masturbate with Bach as chaser

Rap is being propagated by the (((music industry))) to brainwash women into adoring apes, instead of focusing on breeding white children

t. kissless faggot

#
Jokes on you, I would never allow my aesthetic sensibilities to be marred by some intellectually turbid temptress.

White people will obviously like GKMC better, since it's more literary, and it's pretty incredible at that.

I'm not black so I can't say To Pimp a Butterfly was incredibly meaningful to me except in the sense that abstractions into imagination can allow me to empathize. Obviously some of the lines were good, this dick aint free was really funny, into king kunta was really clever.

I am not too keen on the different forms that black rebellion has taken, so maybe it's all been done before how he has done it and he's simply following a tradition, or trying to commercialize something that has been done before, but if it's taking it mainstream and someone gets inspired by it that's good.

Fair enough. I can respect that.

Pale ass cracker here ... and I feel it's simplistic. Public Enemy, Pac, Dead Prez, hell even NWA and more recently, the guys from Black Star all said it all long before Kendrick.

As positive the attention to the topics is, at best he rewarms the conversation instead of saying anything new, which seems pretty boring, whether you're white or black.

I think it's both over and under rated. While some people think it's overly complex and such I feel as if people tend to ignore the more subtle aspects of the album in favour of being a contrarian.

I'd say 8/10

is this a parody video?

Both of you should be embarrassed, talk like normal men

Is fucking garbage

>people tend to ignore the more subtle aspects of the album
To be fair, he has lines like "Ain't nothin' new, but a flu of new Demo-Crips and Re-Blood-licans": not smart and the opposite of subtle. Compare the writing of this album to GKMC or S80, Butterfly is much more straightforward. Not to mention that he had fucking Pac there and put himself on a pedestal, did you think that was subtle too?