People who prefer to spend their time on Egyptian or Persian philosophy rather than on Greek...

>People who prefer to spend their time on Egyptian or Persian philosophy rather than on Greek, on the grounds that the former are more "original" and in any event older, are just as ill-advised as those who cannot deal with the magnificent, profound mythology of the Greeks until they have reduced it to the physical trivialities of sun, lightning, storm and mist which originally presumably gave rise to it. They are the people, also, who imagine they have found a purer form of religion than that of Greek polytheism when they discover the good old Aryans restricting their worship to the single vault of heaven.

Why do people call Nietzsche an anti-Semite, a proto-Nazi, a fascist, a nihilist, etc. when he states again and again his opposition to Christianity and how each of the other things are just remnants and symptoms of Christian decadence?

because they're retards who engage in symbol thinking ... does this deserve its own thread? why did you have to ruin the nice quote with some banal query about muh fascism. anyway stop treating nihilist like a dirtty word you jordan peterson cumboy..

This shit is very old news user, like the quote though

The quote pertains to the question, and it's a popular topic right now. He's referring to Gobineau's definition of the Aryans which was developed during Nietzsche's life and which the Nazis adopted... all related to nihilism as well. In my view, you need to educate people on Nietzsche as the first step towards getting past nihilism, since he was the first great example of someone who did.

>"Why do people call Nietzsche an anti-Semite" etc.

Because his bitch of a nationalist sister got a hold of the rights to his oeuvre after he died.

>love Greek polytheism and the world it created
>reject God(s) and embrace material naturalism

Why was he such a fedora? Why couldnt he just have took the "pagan" pill

>implying Greek polytheism wasn't syncretic
why was NEETchi such a brainlet?

>muh syncretism
Fuck off Plato.

I get that Nietzsche and Nazism don’t quite mix because of all the Darwinian, plebeian, and nationalist influences, but why do y’all pretend like fascism isn’t nietzschean? Give me a good reason other than baseless posturing

You cannot say “herd morality” and get away with it, because Nietzsche did not believe in individualistic values for the herd, only for the rulers. He didn’t want a world of individualists, like liberalism claims to create

Nietzsche is not compatible with any political philosophy.

Fascism is the most Nietzschean form of politics, in a sense. But it's more complicated than that particularly because people are crude and they follow crude measurements of value, like "he is a valuable person because he was born in the same country as me."

CALL ON ME

> when he states again and again his opposition to Christianity

Some of the most fascistic people in history have been pagan, from ancient history until today and in the rise of fascism in Europe last century. The fact that Nietzsche is so illiberal and aristocratic clearly flows well into the thinking of those later individuals such as Julius Evola in some ways. Being Pagan doesn't preclude fascism, in fact many pagans would argue that blood and soil nationalism along with traditionalism are heathen and explicitly un-Christlike (which is why Hitler had neopagan Alfred Rosenberg create Positive Christianity)

Nietzsche isn't anti-Christian and most certainly is anti-pagan.

Not even trying anymore.

Polytheism is a joke user we all know so why ask

>Egyptian philosophy

We know almost nothing about it tho

I've read a lot of Greek works--all tragedies except for some of Euripedes works, Plato's complete works, the basic works of Aristotle, Homer, and Ovid (I'm aware he was Roman but he is nevertheless necessary as a source of much Greek myth)--but I've only read Descartes and Spinoza when it comes to more recent philosophers. Would I be able to appreciate Nietzsche, or do I really need to read Kant/Schopenhauer?

Preferring monotheism over polytheism is like wanting to read a story that is 100% stream of consciousness of some faggot by himself vs. an epic of dozens of characters with complex relationships.

Plato/Greeks and some Schop are all you really need

Can anyone decipher this word underline in red?

I can't tell if neetzky is being serious in thus spake tharathustra, since he is known for using the voice of the person he hates, can anyone elucidate this for me?

>gaytheist detected

Arkè or Arche, not to be confused with Arke

Why do you necessarily associate nazism with christianity? There were plenty of nazi mystics, atheists, pagans, etc.

>implying someone who does not believe in truth can in any way be a materialist

god, user, you are drowning in that vat of chromosomes