Catholic Literature General

May the peace of Christ be with you all. I don't have the pasta lists so if someone has them please post.

I'm currently reading pic related and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Should I read this, or is it more garbage like The Benedict Option?

what do u think of rene girard?

why did he steal heinleins title

>tfw heretic

Lol. 9/10

Lol. I saw that on my amazon suggestions. Wtf is it?

Don't have the catholic specific one don't think but lemme look through

this as well

I think it is not orthodox. Scapegoating does not explain the sacrifice of Christ in its true divine entirety though perhaps it is one meaning we can extract.

FInished Intention by Anscombe. Wasn't impressed, but also may be partially my fault because I never felt like I was getting her.
Now going to take a short break form Catholic writings to read some Chekov and then go back to Aquinas and neo-scholasticism.

The theology section in this is horrible. Same with most of the spirituality.

Most of these are unnecessary.

This is ok for the Catholic/Protestant sections, can't really speak to the Orthodox section.

>kierkegaard isn't for catholics

Uh wtf is ur problem?

He's heretical. Fideism is a heresy and the existence of God is known by his works, according to the 1st Vatican Council.

Most of Kierkegaard's major themes run contrary to catholic theology.

1785 [ The fact of positive supernatural revelation] .The same Holy Mother Church holds and teaches thatGod, the beginning and end of all things, can be known with certitude by the natural light of human reason from created things; "for the invisible things of him, from the creation of the world, are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made" [ Rom 1:20]; nevertheless, it has pleased His wisdom and goodness to reveal Himself and the eternal decrees of His will to the human race in another and supernatural way, as the Apostle says: "God, who at sundry times and in divers manners, spoke in times past to the fathers by the prophets, last of all, in these days hath spoken to us by His Son" [ Heb.1:1 f; can. 1].

I recently bought a collection of 8 C.S. Lewis books on Christianity and a nice used copy of City of God. I'm looking forward to reading them over my Christmas break.

Nice. Screwtape letters are great.

I'm curious as to why you didn't like the Benedict option.

where is the pastebin?