Are ya novels the anime of the literary world?

Are ya novels the anime of the literary world?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xAunC28gMOw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Novels are the anime of the literary word

no because i can beat my meat to anime but i remain flaccid to a YA novel

>never busted a nut for primrose everdeen

faggot

YA novels are more like the flash animation comedy-satire shows in the Western world
At least anime can contain interesting animation, composition, and memorable soundtracks

ur gay

fuck off at least 3 of those are decent to great

do they even count as YA? I read them in like 4-5th grade

>implying anime means bad

Damn I used to love these books but I never finished the series. I have so much regret now.

The end of the series is actually kind of dark. I read it in the 8th grade and thought it was amazing, but you could probably at the very least get some enjoyment, even if its only nostalgic, as an adult.

Even though Horowitz uses his same trite techniques to build suspense, these mofos were true bookkino back in 4th grade. Last book is great way to end the series

I loved this series in middle school.

There is nothing wrong with fiction.

me 2

>Alex Rider

Pleb taste. True patrician middle school literature was Alfred Kropp

The CHERUB series were the best (and most fun) books I read as a teenager desu.
Never finished the series tho, I stopped halfway through the eleventh book.

More like the light novels of literary world.

>implying anime is not trash

fucking this

youtube.com/watch?v=xAunC28gMOw

You will never be this British

no

graphic novels and manga are

My middle school series.

Snake Head>Eagle Strike>Skeleton Key>Point Blanc>Stormbreaker>Ark Angel

I remember nothing about Scorpio even though I've read it.

Horowitz is one of the more talented YA authors. Much of his work could almost be described as being gothic.

Where my artemis fowl niggas at

good lad

I remember reading those too, top notch for my elementary school self. Do they really have some sort of dicernible quality?

In all of his work, Horowitz shows an obsession for the grim and macabre.

This is why whenever a character in is peril in his works, he describes the characters thinking of how long and painful their potential deaths would be, with no gory details spared. His antagonists are also always mysterious and unhinged due to some physical and/or mental defect. The Alex Rider books are are pretty grim. They can be over the top and cheesy at points to, but that part of why they're so enjoyable.

Also, I like that the protagonist isn't allowed to use lethal force, meaning that he has to get creative during action scenes.

Yeah there was really something special about how mature yet how corny they were desu.