How can anyone like this shit? I have read every one of these books and I absolutely cannot understand the appeal

How can anyone like this shit? I have read every one of these books and I absolutely cannot understand the appeal

I'd sex the girl who likes them which is most

my question is why did you read 3,000+ pages of something you had no interest in? Its a book series for 12 year olds

They are made for children.

Here's your answer. Corner that market and you will be able to shovel shit into their mouths while they ask you for seconds.

It's because they are books for children you autist. Rowling wasn't trying to write the next Ulysses, you don't get to feel superior to people because you take children's books too seriously.

Also fuck you because compared to most YA literature these books are great. They grew in complexity at the same time as their audience did and got untold millions of kids reading books instead of melting their brains.

There are plenty of books/series that are aimed at that age group that aren't horse shit

Same. I read the first two just out of curiosity and that was more than enough

Every decade, several things come along in various art forms which become a craze that no one understands and will ever understand leaving those who engaged in it to ponder, "what was I thinking?" many years later.

This was probably the case for the sorrows of young werther.

Yeah, you should show the whole world how the most popular book series ever is garbage. Please elighten the planet.

>consensus=good

If JK Rowling goes on to write a new Faust then maybe she would be vindicated

No idea how it got so big. Literally childrens books that idiots pretend are "YA".

Didn't say that senpai.

Why do you reduce 'the planet' to 'philistines who hate life'?

Empirical observation of the largest population

>implying that's not what you were implying

It's mass entertainment for children and teenagers. It's excellent for what it is.

That was clearly the premise that you indended your arguement to hinge upon, thine faggot supreme.

>what is the appeal?

It started out as an average YA fantasy series, but by the end of the series it becomes an allegory for WWII and racism.

The first books are literally for 9 y/o, the franchise grew up withbits audience so by the end of it they are more along the lines of your standard y/a novel with a target audience of around 15.
You can also notice how she hired a million editors and assistants to help her out.

except fans that grew up with it are in their 20's now and still love it and in fact let it inform their politics. no one is regretting liking it, for some god forsaken reason

YA audience is the same age demo though

>everything is binary
Jesus

sounds like you're mad mate. maybe have a butterbeer down at the Three Broomsticks to lighten the mood? I'd recommend staying away from the Hog's Head, though. That spot's a bit dodgy

It's YA fiction. What were you expecting? A masterpiece? It's entertainment, it tells something about friendship, good things and everything else. But nothing serious. It just resume into, read, like or hate, forget it, or be a annoying fan and go to JK Rownling's twitter account and keep telling her to write a sequel about Harry Potter's son.

You are angry about a children's book series.

I like them. They are fun, I like the characters and the world.

>YA
imagine being fucking 23, reading Harry Potter for the first time and having it be your favourite book series for the rest of your life

>Hated the books
>Rather than stopping after how much you 'hated' the first one, you powered through and read all seven
Sure, bud ;)

>some people are not into literature
>some people are stupid
Woah, user. Really making me think over here.