Alan Watts

Is there any truth to what he says/writes? Or is it just meaningless drivel for hippies and "muh pineal gland" conspiracy nuts?

Other urls found in this thread:

prashantadvait.com/2017/05/17/what-is-this-thing-called-enlightenment-that-you-are-chasing/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

holy loaded question batman

Google "loaded question definition" and then delete your post

I don't know if what he says is true, but it sure is comfy.

I'm guessing you're asking having never given him a proper listen.

This board fucking sucks holy shit.

Do I need to google loaded question definition and delete my post, or do I need to find your IP address, come to your house and smash your skull into small pieces with a ball peen hammer?

Bring it, bitchnips.

I'm guessing you're a brainlet speaking in broad generalization to appear significant.
I have listened to hours of his lectures, they make great sense to me when I'm tripping but when I'm sober they don't seem all too "awakening," but rather just interesting. I was trying to ask what Veeky Forums thought of him, not invite illiterate cunts to shit up my thread with meaningless word vomit.

You're asking this retarded board to tell you what to think of someone.
Figure it out yourself.

Bring what? What are you talking about? I just evenly presented two neutral possibilities. I have literally no idea what you mean by answering my question that way.

One again:
>no substance
>trying to act intelligent
>terse
I think you just won pseud bingo

*once

have you reach Satori yet?

yeah this. I listened to him last night while I was playing double action: boogaloo. very very comfy

No but I want to, and at the same time I know very little about Buddhism or Zen. Any recs?

checked

prashantadvait.com/2017/05/17/what-is-this-thing-called-enlightenment-that-you-are-chasing/

thank me later

was gonna post something kinda similar to this but ya, what you are NOW is already enlightened only if someone tells you in some sort of theoretical you wouldn't feel it, just like the word 'water' is not water
well if you have some zen practice like zazen (sitting meditation , watching your thoughts or destroying your thoughts/desires) read some koans and don't try to figure it out.

A monk asked, “Does the oak tree also have Buddha nature?”
Joshu said, “It does”
The monk asked, “When will it attain enlightenment?”
Joshu said, “It is waiting for the sky to fall.”
The monk said, “When will the sky fall?”
Joshu said, “It is waiting for the oak tree to attain enlightenment.”

based joshu

REKT

I think you just missed the point, user.