INDIA #1

INDIA #1
SUPERPOWER BY 2018

I'm surprised Hungary is that high up on the list.

>country with one of the lowest literacy rates is the number one reader
yeah this totally makes sense

Reading bobs n vegene and calculus textbooks isn't 'reading'.

Kek

People read average romcom and Bhagavad-Gita

>chinese people
>reading
Are they rote memorizing lists of protein precursors and calling that reading?

source?

Is this a self reported study? If Prajeet counts reading street signs that'll put him ahead of people who only count reading literature

you do realize that this is a shitty report that doesn't measure anything adequately, right

well they do have a fuckload of people, maybe its the same 10000 people reading 5 billion books

People read on the toilet.
When your entire country is a toilet..

Not really surprised desu, South Asian cultures put a pretty high value on education, especially compared to the western world today

South Asian cultures have ridiculously unpractical writing systems it takes them hours to read TP label.

Their language systems don't really matter, everybody is taught English

I feel sad that you can't read this

古柏行

孔明庙前有老柏
柯如青铜根如石
霜皮溜雨四十围
黛色参天二千尺
君臣已与时际会
树木犹为人爱惜
云来气接巫峡长
月出寒通雪山白

忆昨路绕锦亭东
先主武侯同閟宫
崔嵬枝干郊原古
窈窕丹青户牖空
落落盘踞虽得地
冥冥孤高多烈风
扶持自是神明力
正直原因造化功

大厦如倾要梁栋
万牛回首丘山重
不露文章世已惊
未辞剪伐谁能送
苦心岂免容蝼蚁
香叶终经宿鸾凤
志士幽人莫怨嗟
古来材大难为用

Everyone in China has probably read Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Journey to the West since young.

The writing system is probably half of the reason why everyone has top tier information processing skills. They've trained their memory to be massive since young.

No wonder Korea and Japan have the most vapid cultures.

Plus theres a huge focus on math there

serious question;

is reading chinese easy on the eyes? I would imagine that it gives people headaches.
Having to strain to identify all the tiny details of each character is one thing, but then having all the text so jumbled up together.

I just can't imagine reading like that, i'd have major headaches

you get used to it
the characters themselves ae split into chunks and so on

you can narrow characters down pretty fast, though it might not look easy when starting out

Look at the sperg getting triggered. I guess what counts as reading is to pretend to read IJ.

I wasn't even aware they wrote labels on their hands

Chinese is one of the most condense writing system. If you translate any texts from English to Chinese, the outcomes are always shorter than the original. From my experience the ratio is roughly 2:3. So it's faster for a Chinese reader to absorb the same amount of information than an English one. I guess that should be counted as an advantage?