Was anybody else affected by The Book of Disquiet in a way that few, or no, other books have affected them?

Was anybody else affected by The Book of Disquiet in a way that few, or no, other books have affected them?

It is my favorite book by quite some distance.

Yeah, it was so fucking boring. This boring whiny cunt, my god.

you just made me read a satanist book, wtf.

>Yeah, it was so fucking boring
I don't know, it's like he wants to be boring. Pessoa's life was like a dying dream where nothing has any effect. He still writes and rewrites the same ideas, just to keep them alive and make them fading slower.

I annotated my copy, underlining some part and just removing some the (few) ones I didn't like. The book it's perfect in his incompleteness, in it's lack of form, like the author himself.

it aint bad it even has remarkable passages but there are better things that have been written in that mood

currently reading it in portuguese. it's not that amazing but it's not bad at all. actually i relate to soares a lot, my life is as boring as his

i read the most if it a while ago when i was really depressed. had to stop. it was like reading my own diary. there were some passages that were almost word for word my own thoughts. creepy.

I'm currently reading it in portuguese too. Great book by now.

You can't just say that without telling us what those better things are.

Not him but Rilke's notebooks might be the most underrated book on this board given it's quality and content

The most amazing book. Ive recently been into Mario de Sa Carneiro a best buddy of his, and his great too, but very underrated

Me too.

was just reading this lately and had very similar experiences to other posters. seems to me to transpose the illusory bleak personal truth that lies under all perception and individuated experience that holds immense personal meaning/ suffering and can never be shared except in behind the cold stone walls of your own mortal self

read it a couple of months ago. overall it was just good, but there was a few incredible sections that really stuck with me.

yes, he's the timeless voice of arrogant autists worldwide

>arrogant
How? He was humble

Nope.

The other way around, actually. It never captured me.
It reads like the sort of thing that someone that's half-interested in literature would write into their diary from time to time. Sensitive, but inconsequential

Why did he always complain about his loneliness? Seems like he enjoyed it. The whole thing seemed a bit insincere and I'm sure I'm sadder than Pessoa.

>anglos talking about literature

Cringe as aways

sorry ass looking nigga