Is it good?

is it good?

ᛁᛅ

yes

It is good as a hystorical document, but it has absolute O value as a literary work.

This.
It has been recent memed due to its status as "traditional"

Can you explain further? Also, tips for more stories? It's the only norse mythos book I've read

there never has been, nor is there, nor ever will there be anything of literary worth from scandinavia; 'master race' my ass.

Egil's Saga is a must.

It's ok. Some parts are better than others. I remember it getting a little boring and nonsensical later on.

Care to name some better litarary works from that period?

This is what I'm saying

Thanks, will read

seconding this. Egil's saga is a great read, I personally enjoyed it much more than Beowulf. Egil makes Beowulf look like a pussy.

The Gylfaginning and Skaldskaparmal sections are fine, if you don't mind crawling through a poetic textbook to get to the myths. If not, you're probably better off with the Poetic Edda, Codex Regius, and the Sagas.

...Dante was alive in the 13th Century

>Hamsun
>Ibsen
>Bjorneboe
Opinion discarded

>(((Sturlson)))
Stop falling for the vintage jewish propaganda.

you sound like a negro listing off black inventions
>peanuts
>peanut brittle
>peanut butter

Blacks appropriating white culture
>slavery
>rape
>crime
Checkmate bigot

E.R. Eddison's translation of Egil's Saga is the only choice. Greatest English translation of any saga

What a little angry person you are.

It sounds like a bunch of folk tales loosely connected through the characters and not particularly well written, at least in translation. The theogony part especially was disappointing and the whole syncretic mess in the beginning (Hector = Thor) funny at first, then just annoying. The third part is just a skald's textbook illustrated by bits of poetry, lots of them. I felt that here something definitely must have been lost in translation because none of it seemed very good; then again the metre and alliteration had gone down the drain, and that's, apparently, a big part of what makes it good. I wasn't particularly seduced by the famous kennings--condensed, layered, paint-by-numbers metaphors which quickly become formulaic. There are definitely fun parts too, and moving ones, and it will probably be worth your--if you're anything like me--largely worthless time. All in all, closer to the Grimm Bros. than to Hesiod, if that says anything to you.

Top tier mythology and I'm triggered by the amount of people in this thread saying otherwise

Ja ist gud

first of all, you're quoting two different people
second, learn to speak english
>What an angry little person you are
Sadly, your post is beyond saving; using the passive voice makes you sound psychotic, like Elliot Rodger. It doesn't help that you're using an idiom, or that you're making a declarative statement--God-complex much?

Try this:
>U mad? *trollface.jpg*

lol yu mad

No not really, but I must admit that your posting abilities have increased tenfold.

Laxdaela saga is another great one. The Kjartan/Bolli arc is fucking heartbreaking.

If you would like something in the same vain but more modern, I recommend the Works of William Morris.

What makes this translation so good?

my diary is desu