Sartre

What are your thoughts on Sartre's "Nausea"?

I don’t read books written by manlets.

Makes me wanna puke. Get it? Haha!

nausea is ok but pales in comparison to no exit and being and nothingness

Haha
Nice One Bro!!!

I don't know about No Exit but comparing it to Being and Nothingness is kinda unfair isn't it? Being and Nothingness is a fully fledged philosophical essay whereas Nausea is a very distilled softcore version of it masquerading as literature.

> comparing a novel to a philosophical essay
we got a pseud here, folks, prepare the pitchforks

A genuinely bad book.

Purposely turgid. I liked his intellectual Buddy

I identify with the feels but honestly the book was so boring I put it down 1/3 the way through and never picked it up again

bro streetlights are reflecting off the sidewalk wow like shit man life is weird lol

Lel

I liked it. It gave me a sense of unease and I was always doubting wether the dude was actually having a crisis or just being a drama queen.

Give me examples of marxist crapola from this book

It’s absolute garbage

I liked it.

Definitely a great novel. Description wobbles from very broad to infinitesimally particular in such a way as to simulate the ontological vertigo of the narrator. "My glass crushed a thin puddle on the table" (paraphrased) is sublime. The section where the Roquentin fully realizes the nausea next to the black roots of the tree is certainly one of the most powerful pieces of literature I've read.
Even if you think it is gratuitously philosophical (almost like an extended example from Being and Nothingness), you cannot deny the power of Sartre's description. I didn't really understand how the section where Roquentin walks around the Sunday streets of Bouville fit with the rest of the novel. The self-taught man is a remarkably compelling character. The total composition is carefully plotted and balanced. I can't really find anything to complain about.

>the book was so boring I put it down 1/3 the way through and never picked it up again

I bailed on it twice. The first time was at the same place at which you put it down. I'm so glad I got through it. You really don't appreciate it until you can apprehend the whole.

There is none. The closest the novel comes to politics is when the narrator describes the upper class of Bouville or when he discusses humanism with his friend.

okay vin

>crapola
Hi Mom

Everything Sartre writes was politically charged and he's one of the reasons the word "philosophy" leaves a bad taste in everybody's mouth now.

Charlotte Sartre

Nuff said