I listen to audiobooks

>i listen to audiobooks

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MTjnHzjYzgU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Literally nothing wrong with that.

Audiobooks are comfy. Listen to them on my walk to/from work. Lets me finish one or two extra books a month.

Whats the issue?

The disaster artist should be listened to rather than read

One of my favorite audiobooks. It was incredible.

Nice to listen to during work.

>I read Audiobooks

Listened to Moby Dick while looking out over the sea, helluvan experience.

I enjoy them quite a bit, though I do have to make the extra effort to make sure Im paying attention, wouldnt try anything complex with them

Where do I pirate audiobooks, Veeky Forums?

Libravox is free nibba

>he doesn't listen to audiobooks at three times the speed

youtube.com/watch?v=MTjnHzjYzgU

>not listenning to audiobooks of books you kind of want to read but you don't have much interest in (such as sun tzu)
>not doing so while doing another activity, such as cardio, for optimal time management
>not listenning to audiobooks in the language you are learning, so you literally kill 3 birds with one stone
>get cardio done or other activity
>listen to a book
>practice language

> listens to audiobooks
> "oh yeah I just finished reading--"

do you want me to READ the qu'ran?

It's easier than saying "I listened to ___" which just makes you sound like a pretentious faggot

I'm torn because it's a good idea and can be entertaining depending of the quality of the audiobook and voice acting. But it cuts off half the work, your mind intakes words and meaning easier when spoken instead of when it's being deciphered through reading (right?) it's less exercise yes, but I rather keep exercising than only listening to audiobooks and let that part of the brain atrophy.

Cute pic saved

When do we gas all these people that listen to audiobooks? They are not human.

>walk 2 hours a day
>have at least an hour and a half of farm work everyday
>no dishwasher
Audio books are fine so long as it's not the only way you're "reading". I would say certain books/authors are better for it than others. Frank Herbert and William Gibson kind of give me a headache to read but to listen to they're quite easy to imbibe. Gibson's insufferable and constant metaphors and Frank's way of having very multilayered conversations work better when spoken aloud. Where something like Tolkien would be a pain to listen to because of all the damn adjectives and songs even though it seems to fit the sort of mold of oral story.

I've only recently gotten into audiobooks and I'm still not sure what's the best place where one can find them? Is there some sort of renowned publisher guaranteed to have phenomenal readers?

How do I speedlisten?

Audible's good if you're willing to pay.

Suppose I want to... pirate it?

i wonder if there are audiobooks that are edited for time. playback speed is like 2x the original reading, and all pauses have been edited out like a youtube vlog or some shit.

Do that then. People post whole books on YouTube if the book is popular enough.

(not him)
I use youtube to mp3 ripper when I can't find a torrent. Upside it's fast and easy. Downsides low quality, it's one continuous file,and youtube has more recently started to crack down on it's audiobooks.
this

>i read audiobook transcripts

There are some instances where it's forgivable. My friend is severely dyslexic, so hey help him out quite a bit.

This is out there.

Why did part of his body also become his brain?
I was under the impression his brain grew enough to take on other forms, but the rest of his body was kept intact.

But it's the truth.
So listening to audiobooks DOES make you a pretentious faggot.

I read books aloud so I both read and listen to them

>my friend