Oceancore

Looking for some books about the ocean, in its metaphorical or mythological sense. Its relationship to people and the land, its vastness, its mysteriousness.... gay shit like that
But anything's fine

Already read Homer and Moby Dick.

What yall think?

The Old Man and the Sea

His drawings are so comfy

Read other Melville. Billy Budd, Redburn, and White-Jacket are all good as well.

The sea wolf by Jack London is a good one. Wolf Larsen is pretty Veeky Forums too

Arthur Gordon Pym by Poe. Very interesting read.

The Odyssey.

Yukio Mishima's The Sound of Waves, albeit it's focus is more on an isolated Japanese island but the sea does play a big part. Thinking about it, The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea by Mishima is pretty good too/

Stanisław Lem - Solaris

is that good? always been curious about this one

The Sea The Sea by Iris Murdoch

We, the Drowned

This.

But how can nobody here mention The Open Boat by Stephen Crane? It's a very good short story.

To add, you can read The Open Boat online in the time that it takes you to post, "Is that good? I'm curious."

I have this somewhere in my apartment. How is it? It looks like there might be some form of light fantastical or magical realism elements, it's cool if it does, I really like family sagas.

>The Open Boat by Stephen Crane

I'm really curious about this one, is it good? I dont want to waste my time looking it up online, finding it, reading it, thinking about it, and arriving at not liking it. So how is it?

Natural man.. Very natural.. Ocean, people, naked dude spinning a coat above his head on the beach while a couple of peasants are battling against the sea.

The Drought by J.G. Ballard

also The Drowned World by J.G. Ballard

>The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With the Sea
that is unrelated to anything OP asked for, save:
>gay shit like that

The White Ship

Robinson Crusoe, especially pre-island.

Solaris, by Stanislaw Lem

we the drowned, by carsten jensen is pretty damn good OP

Toilers of the Sea by Victor Hugo