New reader of philosophy

So I just talked to this girl who’s essentially omniscient. Can you evaluate our chat and explain to me what this ‘connection’ that she takes about is? I’ve never had a ‘connection’ with a book.

>is it a samurai book lol

why do you subject yourself to this

>girl
>omniscient
>writes like a retard

Yeah, no.

What do you mean? The disrespect?

fuck off back to memdit

She’s Chinese, so she writes weird.

This is a boring shit conversation

>durr western philosophy is about "why" and eastern philosophy is about "how
don't date someone who vastly oversimplifies
>approaching the greeks with her nonsensical theory in mind
some garbage story about musashi miyamoto
he was a criminal vagabond who began murdering as early as 13

OP you seem more intelligent than she is
she's namedropping garbage

don't let the pussy blind you
she's an inferior intellect and should be crushed

As someone who’s shit at conversation: it’s my best and I know I should be ashamed of it :(

>automatically makes me their equal
Lolololol

yeah not gonna read that holy shit

Stupid chink who thinks she's so enlightened. How can you stomach her?

>she's chinese
tell her to read about Nanking and Unit 731

I’m the blue, senpai. Also, Musashi isn’t good because you like the guy, I don’t like him before his metamorphosis, but because of the philosophy and discipline.

Game changer. OP is in blue.

I don’t like that about her to be honest, she thinks she’s the smartest person to ever step foot on earth, while she’s somewhat superficial in person.

chinks are brainlets and can't into actual philosophy

>you're in the blue
ABORT
ABORT
YOU'RE TELLING HER YOUR FAVOURITE BOOK IS JAPANESE
SHE'S A CHINK
THEY HATE THE NIPS

Tbh I consider myself illiterate when it comes to literature. I’m trying to work with the little that I have.

lol

>when studying it by itself I fail to grasp its importance

Fuck-posturing pseud detected. You should be laying the groundwork for a piping, not listening to her prattle.

Holy shit, I just realized that.... we’ll, she didn’t seem to mind it much, maybe she internally hates me after this though.

I would drop her desu
Even if she had a golden pussy and could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch and I hadn't gotten laid in years.

>if he taught me something then I wouldn't go back to the book, because I already learned, so there's no point in going back.

Oh wow, have not seen shit this stupid in a while and I browse this board.

She’s probably as smart as anyone gets where I live, or at least she gives off that impression.

14 and final.

So basically, she says she doesn’t learn from books, but she connects with the characters in a spiritual level. How can that be? Perhaps she learns from them, but then goes back for the spiritual connection and doesn’t realize that she learns?

I wouldn't bother with her
she has some kind of power complex and refuses to be in a receptive frame in the conversation, always mildly deflecting you and even refusing to encourage you to explain the way you feel about things
she doesn't wanna smash you senpai

>She’s probably as smart as anyone gets where I live
I would rather date a literal retard.

>giving her a smiley face
now she knows you want to fuck her
you've put yourself at an extreme disadvantage

Well, she seem to think that no learning can happen because she has everything in her head already,

O guess she kinda is pseudo intellectual, but oh well....

To be honest, I don’t think she was deflecting me out of malice but more out of ‘fear’ of accepting new input to her established values? Is that coherent? The way she looks at this is just so... uncommon?

Also, it’s not about smashing.

You need to read up on the emoji game. bad move.

My sides. But yeah, i guess that was weird, should’ve used an emoji

That’s what it seems to me as well.

:(

All in all, what do you guys think of her way of looking at literature? Going back for spiritual connections seems... odd? And when I called it entertainment she kind of took offense to it.

>im reading the greeks first to go to other philosophers

you know this is a meme, right, kid?

It's a one line book.
Don't ever use them.

>the emoji game
Any links, I have no idea about this shit.

I fell for it, but I’m very meticulous about reading stuff in chronological order to make connections between each of them and their origins.

The emoji game only works after you fuck a girl though. Especially the clown emoji

why the fuck is anybody responding to this teenage /adv/ bullshit thread

Because this, while superficially is just a text conversation, is essentially a discussion on why to read, And why philosophy.

read plato desu

Wow. Just wow, really. I mean is this how girls and guys actually talk in private? It's astonishing in how absolutely dull, vapid and inconsequential it is. Are you trying to penetrate this girl? Are you trying to date her? If not why are you sitting there posting emojis and admitting your stupidity and tacitly encouraging her to continue her superficial analysis of "Asian" philosophy. Who even calls it "Asian" philosophy? It's Eastern, for goodness sake. I can only imagine Schopenhauer finding a phone in his class after giving a lecture and reading through texts like this and rubbing his forehead in utter dismay. Personally as someone who has utterly transcended the need and pretty much even the desire to sniff pussy stink and jam my penis inside a girl a bunch of times I am embarrassed for you both and thankful that I simply don't care about girls enough to debase myself the way you're doing here. Trust me, I can just tell that this is the kind of girl that I could have crushing on me like some Klebold fangirl within several minutes of discussion, if this the kind of thing she's interested in. But this is really eye-opening stuff OP. Makes me want to kill myself immediately.

I see you've forgotten the second half written for girls.

>reading for feels
>being butthurt when called out for it and launching into pseudo-intellectual ramblings for justification

Cut all communication.

Dude she doesn't seem intelligent at all and is bullshitting out her ass with small sentences while you ramble on about things she obviously doesn't give a fuck about.

Women are usually this way, it's pathetic.

honestly user, you seem like a nice fellow with good intentions but this girl is not even close to omniscient. This bitch is retarded. But go to the philosophy club, maybe her friend is hot, you haven't lost all hope.

nigga it's reading
it will stick to your memory regardless of spiritual connection
she is right in saying it's just thought and theories
she comes off full of shit when saying new ideas or concepts don't tell her anything she doesn't know, if she knew an idea, it wouldn't be new by definition
i sure hope she's smart enough for that ego

She seems to claim that the immortal soul cannot remember for it already remembers everything.

basically this OP

Also you """lost""" the minute you decided to post the convo here for advice. If you truly want to have a philosophical discussion with this girl then you must be devoid of any will to fuck her (which you obviously want to do, or at least gain her affection, which might be worse). You can, if you want, fuck her first, and then have philosophical discussion, but this is just ridiculous. To repeat what user said, this makes me want to kill myself immediately.

I don't think she meant that.

>Personally as someone who has utterly transcended the need and pretty much even the desire to sniff pussy stink and jam my penis inside a girl a bunch of times I am embarrassed for you both and thankful that I simply don't care about girls enough to debase myself the way you're doing here
Kek

Sorry but I actually had to look up if this was a copypasta. I'm DEFINITELY saving it.

And yeah, that's how people talk in private, big surprise.

What would you propose instead?

I think you might've opened this red capsule on my mouth with your two lines reply...

And what do you mean by that first line? We were talking about philosophy, I said "Anyway, have a good one" thinking she'd want to cut the convo short and not wanting to get shot down (they can't shoot you down if you shut them down first)-- well, ultimately she did shut me down, sooooo. Well anyway, she obviously had SOME interest considering she kept the conversation going even when she had the perfect opportunity to leave.

She really just thinks she's smarter than she is, in my opinion, and isn't open to outside input. It's what happens when you're raised by ultra authoritarian chinese politicians.

I posted here in hopes to have her point of view explained. Like how in the fuck can someone feel a spiritual connection with a book yet not learn from it?

Also, while I do seek affection of essentially everyone, it's not the reason I'm talking to her, just looking for someone to have a philosophy discussion with.

>she has some kind of power complex and refuses to be in a receptive frame in the conversation
You mean she doesn't want to read pages of inane drivel from some doofus?

Except that's not what she said. She contrasted top-down pedagogy with dialogic pedagogy. Conversation is a back and forth, so rereading makes sense; reading for lessons means moving on after mastery.

>kinda pseudo intellectual
>I did a bit of research on Chinese philosophy
>skimmed an atlantic article about a chinese philosophy class at harvard

Jesus Christ... No wonder idiots at Jezebel make up words like "mansplaining"

>reading once is mastery

What I meant was that if you interpreted her writings through Plato, you would arrive to the statement I wrote.

>reads philosophy once, becomes

You're definitely doing it wrong, but don't listen to these morons
>solitary objection is "eastern" vs "asian"
>holy shit, oxford comma, you fucking pleb

> believe others are incapable of growth because they themselves are.

If you want to actually talk about something, you have to actually listen. So far you've just lectured about nothing at all.

You'd benefit from actually reading a fucking book. It'd be a lesson in humility. One that you desperately need.

ffs guys, I posted this just wanting to know what she meant by "Spiritual and emotional connection" with a character/book. Like, how does that even work?

What, me? (I'm the OP)

Do you know how to read?
a) paraphrasing op's imaginary girlfriend who can't come to prom because she's in beijing
b) "if he taught me something then I wouldn't go back to the book because I already learned" - presumes the content was mastered. Obviously you reread a calc text as you work through it, but once you've figured it out and moved on to more advanced topics, you don't return to the calc i book.

I know, but I doubt she was talking about it in the Platonic sense.

You can most certainly have a spiritual and emotional connection with a character or book. How is that even in question? The retarded thing is she saying that she already knows everything, or that she doesn't learn new things from philosophy, but that isn't actually true, the most important thing she said was "I fail to grasp its importance" - she is either uninterested completely in philosophy by itself (as many very smart girls seem to be) or is a complete idiot. If you don't have a spark in your mind which makes you want to read philosophy then it will indeed only look like "mind food", interesting ideas to think about which don't exactly give you any new answers.

She likes reading because it gives her feelings. Feelings are usually not held in very high regard in more intellectual circles and are usually conflated with entertainment , so she comes up with all sorts of pseudo-intellectual justifications for them.

You, but thread (read: board) generally. You don't even need to read the texts to see what's happening. Just look at blue:gray ratio.

Just relax and actually engage instead of spewing out the 100 ideas you got reading samurai manga

Having a """discussion""" with a roastie of any calibre, especially over text (i.e. while she simultaneously talks about cocks with Sandra and Chayenne) is just fucking deplorable, truly. I am so blackpilled on women that it really amazes me how far I've come from being a "nice", smiling, docile little boy to a mysterious, seemingly-callous, independent, profound libidinal intellectual pseudo-sadist. The first thing to do with any woman you want to penetrate is assert a distance between you. Do not let her get close. Keep her at arm's length and only very rarely make it clear that you want and desire her. People in general, and women in particular, DO NOT want to worship a human being. They want an image, a reliable, powerful, consistent force of Will that they can attach themselves to, shade themselves under, and live vicariously through. By being a cutesy idiot posting lengthy texts explaining your pleb-tier opinion of "Asian" philosophy to some piece of stupid fuckmeat you are admitting that you (A) Don't have anybody informed on the subject to talk to, (B) Are begging for her validation and "feedback, (C) Are oblivious to the fact that this submissive, masochistic little cunt wants a sexual partner, or a boyfriend, at her age and not some entry-level philosophical sparring partner. If she wanted that she'd go choke on the cock of some PhD student studying fucking Kantian epistemology, not a dumb weeb who reads Samurai fanfiction to reinforce his self-image as a serious academic. Seriously OP sort your shit out immediately or throw yourself off a goddamn bridge already. It's painful. You need to learn as quickly as you can what women want, and what they do not want. Women enjoy tension, intimidation, the relief from repression, the utter debasement of themselves in service of a man who represents brute force and who apparently gets as much of a kick out of pissing on her, choking her, destroying her dignity and violently using her body and forcing her to admit her utter inferiority as she does in allowing a guy to do that to her. Very few women are looking for some dumb nerdy nice dude with tenuous philosophical positions, and those who do are usually boring as hell. You need to straighten up and become the Fascist you know you can be. Be as brutal with yourself as the potential woman in your life wants you to be with her. There is no second option.

>feelings are usually not held in very high regard in more intellectual circles

do you people ever read anything you write? have you ever seen an "intellectual circle?"

I don't think she was either, but I was responding to 's point about my initial observation.

U have gotta have the tism man. Emotional connection is what you experience when you read a book or watch an anime that makes you feel connected to the character and you feel good or bad depending on what happens to them. It's superfical but that explains why it appeals to much to womeme.

Having a """discussion""" with a roastie of any calibre, especially over text (i.e. while she simultaneously talks about cocks with Sandra and Chayenne) is just fucking deplorable, truly. I am so blackpilled on women that it really amazes me how far I've come from being a "nice", smiling, docile little boy to a mysterious, seemingly-callous, independent, profound libidinal intellectual pseudo-sadist. The first thing to do with any woman you want to penetrate is assert a distance between you. Do not let her get close. Keep her at arm's length and only very rarely make it clear that you want and desire her. People in general, and women in particular, DO NOT want to worship a human being. They want an image, a reliable, powerful, consistent force of Will that they can attach themselves to, shade themselves under, and live vicariously through. By being a cutesy idiot posting lengthy texts explaining your pleb-tier opinion of "Asian" philosophy to some piece of stupid fuckmeat you are admitting that you (A) Don't have anybody informed on the subject to talk to, (B) Are begging for her validation and "feedback, (C) Are oblivious to the fact that this submissive, masochistic little cunt wants a sexual partner, or a boyfriend, at her age and not some entry-level philosophical sparring partner. If she wanted that she'd go choke on the cock of some PhD student studying fucking Kantian epistemology, not a dumb weeb who reads Samurai fanfiction to reinforce his self-image as a serious academic. Seriously OP sort your shit out immediately or throw yourself off a goddamn bridge already. It's painful. You need to learn as quickly as you can what women want, and what they do not want. Women enjoy tension, intimidation, the relief from repression, the utter debasement of themselves in service of a man who represents brute force and who apparently gets as much of a kick out of pissing on her, choking her, destroying her dignity and violently using her body and forcing her to admit her utter inferiority as she does in allowing a guy to do that to her. Very few women are looking for some dumb nerdy nice dude with tenuous philosophical positions, and those who do are usually boring as hell. You need to straighten up and become the Fascist you know you can be. Be as brutal with yourself as the potential woman in your life wants you to be with her. There is no second option.

no one who uses "color+pill" sincerely is capable of thinking beyond basic trope shunting. you should listen to such retards only if you mistake a shitty metaphor from a children's movie about robots for profundity

Those were my ideas. That philosophy should be reading if you are seeking answers.

O possibly have autism, but the thing is, how can you read it over and over again and still feel the anxiety and connection that you feel when first reading it.

tell me one thing is wrong about.

extreme cringe

Some women aren't into masochistic shit, but other than that he's pretty spot-on.

Also, I don't know how a woman can feel affection for you unless you give her a reason to. So keeping her at arm's length seems like a shit strategy unless she was into you just because of looks. If you don't want a relationship solely on looks, you should go for the intellectual or emotional connection to the woman.

>Unit 731

What is worship, if not the thing he describes women wanting.

>talk to my friend
what an unexpected tragedy.

t. bluepilled roastie

What do you mean?

It means keep her at arms length so that the connection is still there, but you are still far enough for her to indulge in idealizing you.

*swiftly unsheathes katana*

*adopts defensive stance*

Wooow there buddy, are you sure you want to go there?

*drags tip of katana along the floor of the alleyway between us*

There's a line in the dust right there and I think you'd be *pre-tty* dumb to cross it. Am I right fellas?

*several oiled up jocks, shirtless, emerge from the shadows on all sides, surrounding you*

I don't take attacks against my character kindly kiddo, so you better back the hell off?!?!

good theory but sexual intercourse is immoral you filthy pagan

What women want doesn't equal to what will make women want you.

That's assuming previous attraction though. If there's no previous attraction, she won't idealize you.

Th absolute state of Veeky Forums.

Does this strategy work? I mean, obviously you don't want to be an attention-seeking lickspittle like OP, or a needy emotional lamprey, but is "fascism" really an effective method?

Kantian epistemology is pretty much the definition of entry level, by the way.

This might work for short flings, but it's impossible to maintain yourself as an "image" forever. You will prove yourself to be a mortal sooner or later.

The balance of close/away is there at the very beginning of interaction. But yes, it is a balance, and sometime you need to be close and sometimes more away.

What the guy said makes perfect sense, you're the one who's conflating feeling as in "emotion" with feeling as in "fee fees" (aka different opinions). From a intellectual standpoint, a reader who's in it for the cathartic nature of a book is a poor reader who'll probably gloss over narrative and structural qualities in the work just so he can move to the next thrill. This is pretty simple and you sound far dumber than you thought you were going to.

that's why you fucc, make her succ, and run away like a shmucc

The reason is because the fucking western apes wrote shit down.

>sending paragraphs of text to women

even if you're not wanting to fuck her don't ever do this it's annoying

"you should go to philosophy club and talk to my friend"

It's not that she didn't want to talk about it. She didn't want to be lectured. You just prattled on and on about learning from Herr Absolut Professor. Stop latching on to the words "spiritual" and "emotion." She's saying arguing for dialectical learning, not saying "I only read John Green"

Not be a sadist, but time and place, user...

except that's not how "intellectual circles" discuss literature now, nor really ever. nor is it what op's girlfriend is saying. also, when was the last time you talked about narrative or the structural qualities of a work on Veeky Forums other than to pollparrot some tripe you read on bloom's wiki?

Yeah, this was ridiculously cringy. Like, save the musing for person-to-person conversations. From the looks of it, you're not gonna be cracking open that fortune cookie anytime soon. The only way you can save yourself now is if you grab her, slap her ass and tell her you wanna play Uni: you be Searle, and she's your grad student. Only way out.

blue-box is boring her to death. She is only responding because she previously was interested. This convo mostly killed interest, but she thinks he's still viable for a friend, her "nerdy" friend, a friend she is not willing to personally introduce, but should instead be met by joining a club. blue failed to listen, was abrasive, arrogant, pretentious, but not commanding or confident. She knows blue is a weeb, and asian girls don't like weebs. Looks like she never uses punctuation, so judging by terseness, was mostly responding out of etiquette for most of the conversation. Blue was obviously over-eager and oblivious to the whole thing.