How did we go from Plato and St. Paul and Kierkegaard to Nietzsche and Stirner and Marx?

How did we go from Plato and St. Paul and Kierkegaard to Nietzsche and Stirner and Marx?

what is modern man's problem??

Stirner and Kierkegaarde were contemporaries

Hegel, Kant, Hume and Kierkegaard.

they were cis white males.

We realized absolutism was gay af

t. posturing vulgar pseudo-Christian who has never read any of them

Early thinkers lived in simpler environments

>we realized truth doesn't matter, it's oppressive and patriarchal

>if i can't believe or understand anything, no one else can either!

At this point I think you're just trolling. Anyone cowardly enough to avoid making an explicit conceptual claim by hiding in greentext must be.

>my dumb Mcdonald meme and baseless personal attacks deserve detailed refutations with citations from peer-reviewed sources
No.

If I had a concrete position to attack, I might do a little more. Faggot.

Man’s problem is our fallen nature, it’s not peculiar to modern man. Reread St Paul.

who are you quoting you sperg

Modern man is more Chad than ever before. Cucks like you are too busy with meh redpill and meh virginitie to notice

its called the Apocalypse.. the og Jesusites knew this shit would hit eventually

>How did we go from Plato and St. Paul and Kierkegaard to Nietzsche and Stirner and Marx?
Read pic related.
>what is modern man's problem??
What's your problem, user? You do no justice to any of those philosophers by only looking at them through your plebeian political partisan lens, seeing them as mere means to your own petty little ends, just to feel better than other people. If you were really a "traditionalist", you would owe it to the past to learn from it without projecting your modern preconceptions on them and using them for your "modernist" Veeky Forums shitposting cred.

> You do no justice to any of those philosophers by only looking at them through your plebeian political partisan lens, seeing them as mere means to your own petty little ends, just to feel better than other people. If you were really a "traditionalist", you would owe it to the past to learn from it without projecting your modern preconceptions on them and using them for your "modernist" Veeky Forums shitposting cred.
OP asked a question, what are you babbling about?

please don't put stirner next to marx and nietzsche

>what is modern man's problem??
Finding his way out of the darkness.

Sellng spirit for money and the american dream.

The Greeks were pious but they also held manliness as one of the greatest virtues. Christianity is for meek nu-males.

The universal of that is "problems of the poor / weak". If you want to overcome problems of money and servitude, just like in the past, there is only one way: play the game, grow powerful in the game, have children who can live outside the game, breed those children to be exceedingly talented at the game so they can maintain their freedom of spirit. If you weren't raised like this, sorry, there's no chance for you.

The stability of modern Western civilization and the ease of living it provides slowly infantilised the population. We live in the age of the infant.

What was once considered maturity, such as belief in the importance of myth, culture and custom, is now seen as infantile. What was once considered infantile, such as contempt for tradition and uncontrolled skepticism, is now seen as a mark of maturity.

They read parts of the bible that the bible used as bad arguments and thought they were great arguments and I can't disagree.

Modern man just isn't equipped to feel his way back into the past, and this in despite of an overloaded scholarship. The latter three are still very much with us because somehow their works either predicted or created the future: [our] present.

anyone who didn't go to a Catholic school doesn't even know who Plato, Aquinas or Augustine are. Stirner, Marx and Nee-chee are just memes that edgy teenagers appropriate without even reading them

But surely you do not believe that we can experience the fulfillment of a St. Paul if we take its basis as nothing more than "myth"?

*blocks your path*

Dude plenty of ancoms love Stirner, sorry to burst your bubble.

Kierkegaard was a modernist, there's good modernism and bad modernism. However, the specific problem you're referring to is many trusting analytic judgements over synthetic judgements.

anarcho-communism is retarded and so is everyone who likes stirner
he was btfo'd by everyone from marx to nietzsche like ten years after publishing his shitty book

yeah, nothing's manlier than fucking a little boy up the ass — wait, i mean *not* fucking a little boy up the ass, right socrates? despite your numerous documented affairs, you were just too virtuous to fuck a little boy in the ass, right?

you even made alcibiades cry, you bastard.

His point is, I think, that OP's question would disappear if he actually paid attention to and thought critically about the works to which he was referring.

Humanity invented a method of relating to reality based on the correspondence of thought with the five physical senses. We then slowly became addicted to the heroin of materialism and forgot that other methods of thinking exist.

Marx got triggered so badly by Stirner that it caused him to write a work longer than anything else that Stirner in total wrote

And Neitzsche didn't BTFO Stirner. If anything Neitzsche is on the same path as Stirner with his ideas. Contrast the Idea that Stirner had about the spooks or fixed ideas of liberalism and its moral along with how he views the spirit with the herd morality That Neitzsche describes in christians and nationalists in Geneology of morals

^this post was meant for (You)

The idea of Christ, and the philosophy he preached, are both more important than the material existence of his body in this world. I say that as someone who believes in the historicity of Christ.

Sergay Chabyshev
Semyon Gniloy
Alexey Podorozhnik
Eduar Golozhopov
Arkady Severnii
Pynya Piterskii
Ogr Gremeliy
Havi Nashiev
Leonid Nureev

Modern Man's problem is secularism, at least it seems to me. There has never been a period in the history of philosophy where secularism has been so widely accepted. The divine as an axiom allowed for more digestible doctrines to be developed which clearly outlined methods for righteous conduct and morals in relation to these axioms. Philosophy post-secularism has been subsequently logically cautious, and in doing so no clear moral or truly inspired code of conduct has been adequately developed in my opinion. Nietzsche, Stirner, and even earlier Kiekegaard -although they were quite influential in academic philosophy - have no real effect on how people think and operate, as opposed to the influence of past thinkers.
I feel as though we are in a new Pre-Socratic age. We are waiting for the next brilliant mind to gather together and conquer our philosophical heritage; another Plato, to continue the analogy. That it may happen in my lifetime excites me very much.

source me image pls, Christian monks are so inspirational

You’re adorable.

comfy
stay with/in Logos friends

That picture triggers me
>Who are you to say you know god or can judge others sense of him

The "who are you quoting?" retardation needs to stop. He used greentext in a way that's been used for years and is now very common. You don't have to feign retardation anymore

Because he's studied the word of god his entire life, dumbass.

>we went from one type of shit to another type of shit

bump

err oppps

I'm not even Catholic but I've often thought about the influence of the Protestant Reformation. While the Catholic Church isn't perfect, all this splintering and the excessive focus on half-baked individualism isn't the best either. Honestly I don't know what I'm talking about

the reformation was a looting operation of church property

it had absolutely no theological basis and I hope l*ther had fun with the nun he fucked and fan off marrying with

nothing else